• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth berate Jeff Gerstmann/Giant Bomb's Fallout 4 review while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just think Jeff hates everything because he never goes crazy emotional about a game.

I mean just in the last podcast he expresses his love for both Mario Maker and Wind Waker.

I've never understood the "Jeff is jaded" comments. The guy talks about games he enjoys quite often, he's just brutally honest as well. I don't agree with him all the time but I respect his opinion because he's clear about it.

luffxan

What is rooster teeth?

Gaf first posts never disappoint.
Honestly though, regardless of how they try to purport themselves as knowledgeable about games they always fall really short. I can listen to some of their content for entertainment but not much else.

I really wish RWBY wasn't so cringe-worthily bad from minute one so I could enjoy it

Jeff and I are about the same age, I've been reading him for a decade or longer, and he needs to keep blatblatblat on these millennials.

Who the fuck tales Gertsman seriously, dude is a joke, his idiotic hate for Yoshi games makes it even worse

While I'm not a fan of their videos because I do find them quite joyless, Giant Bomb at least uses the full review scale in their written reviews. These guys just sound like immature children and clearly paid shills.

People just think Jeff hates everything because he never goes crazy emotional about a game.

I mean just in the last podcast he expresses his love for both Mario Maker and Wind Waker.

That's why I like him. I'm the same, I never get like that and find it odd that other people do.

Zaph

At least we know gamers aren't going to get as upset if it was some woman accused of sleeping around to increase the score of some PC indie game.

TlJLANI.gif

Zekes!

While I'm not a fan of their videos because I do find them quite joyless, Giant Bomb at least uses the full review scale in their written reviews. These guys just sound like immature children and clearly paid shills.

You're missing out on some great video content if you find Giant Bomb to be joyless.

Zubz

Banned

I love that this seems to be on their own Reddit. Meaning that this is their own audience slamming them, based on those downvotes. I mean, I'm apathetic to Rooster Teeth (So long as they never absorb Mega64; those guys deserve better), but it was kind of a dick move and a tasteless shill in one swoop here. I'm glad their own viewers are able to see through the bullshit, rather than praising them for attacking Gerstmann for giving an honest review.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
RoosterTeeth have been known to shill for companies. As if their Halo videos and years of promotion with Microsoft wasnt enough of a hint.

2573240-xbox_launchmcdonalds.gif

Its almost as bad as this.

I sure could go for some tasty, tasty McDonalds right now. But then again McDonalds' time is all the time, am I right guys? Mmmmhhhh I'm loving it.

Roosterteeth have always been in shills for various companies. Their claim to fame is Red vs Blue and Achievement Hunter which explains why they desperately defended the Xbox One after it's horrible reveal. (I think a couple of them were in the Xbox One reveal sizzle reel) I never have or will go to them for any honest gaming opinion cause of that. The fact they berate Jeff over his review is hilarious.

That being said I'm a huge fan of RvB and enjoyed RWBY a good amount. I just find any game coverage they do laughable. I mean, they ARE the ones who released that "Microsoft buys Silent Hills" rumor.

Gerstmann's been putting it down when these guys were sucking on their mother's teets at playschool.

The guy was the Hunter S Thompson of game journalism damn you!

How dare they have an opinion about a man with an opinion.

I care for neither site, so meh.

So what, you just came in here to point out non-existent hypocrisy of criticizing people who are baselessly attacking someone else's integrity and opinion for being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian with zero evidence?

Vire

Fuck Rooster Teeth, I'm glad someone out there isn't blind enough to tell me that the game runs at unnacceptable frame rates that severely affect the gameplay of the game.

It's fine to disagree, but to openly mock the other reviewer for pointing out something that is objectively faulty with a game is just absolutely asinine.

I used to enjoy Red vs. Blue, but this just makes me irate.

I love that this seems to be on their own Reddit. Meaning that this is their own audience slamming them, based on those downvotes. I mean, I'm apathetic to Rooster Teeth (So long as they never absorb Mega64; those guys deserve better), but it was kind of a dick move and a tasteless shill in one swoop here. I'm glad their own viewers are able to see through the bullshit, rather than praising them for attacking Gerstmann for giving an honest review.

You see that bit they did about that on their patreon telathon? I fell for it

I have a lot of respect for Burnie (head of Rooster Teeth) and really enjoyed him and Jeff talking on both of their podcasts. Rooster Teeth has grown a lot, and I'm not a really a fan of a lot of the things they do now. The Patch and The Know are both pretty awful. It was interesting seeing the Rooster Teeth sub Reddit slam them for this episode of the patch and defend Jeff.

I would really like to see Burnie respond to this.

Yeah, his reviews are both great and almost completely useless for me, since I almost never have the same taste in games as him.

I know what you mean. I get his perspective 100%, and it's useless to me. It's saturated in all the years of the cynicism of being plugged in on that level. That said, Sterling is the only voice out there that I really take to heart. He maintains a healthy distance from it all.

I don't agree that FO4 is a 3/5 game, but I adamantly disagree that anyone who thinks it is a 3/5 is just giving it that score for the attention. Seriously. These people obviously don't listen to the Bombcast. Jeff just doesn't like games. A 3/5 from Jeff is like a 9.9/10 from IGN. ;)

inky

Ditto. Had no idea she was credible in any kind of way. I hadn't heard of Rooster Teeth, so I Googled these people and got lots of pictures of her in underwear.

Please don't go there. It doesn't matter what else she's done with her life. Let's judge her opinions and credibility through the comments at hand and her work on videogames.

That's probably enough and pretty self evident without bringing up irrelevant stuff to the table to muddy the criticism.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't agree that FO4 is a 3/5 game, but I adamantly disagree that anyone who thinks it is a 3/5 is just giving it that score for the attention. Seriously. These people obviously don't listen to the Bombcast. Jeff just doesn't like games. A 3/5 from Jeff is like a 9.9/10 from IGN. ;)

Err, he likes the game. He deducted a point from the console version due to technical performance.

Risible

Jeff's gaming tastes do not mesh with mine AT ALL.

I still happily listen to him talk about video games because he knows what he fuck is up, he's entertaining and funny, and isn't the corporate shill the Rooster Teeth hacks are.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Jeff's gaming tastes do not mesh with mine AT ALL.

I still happily listen to him talk about video games because he knows what he fuck is up, he's entertaining and funny, and isn't the corporate shill the Rooster Teeth hacks are.

I feel the same way.

REDSLATE

I have yet to play Fallout 4, but 3/5 seems unlikely (not impossible mind you, I've seen great series take a dive). With that being said, Rooster Teeth itself has greatly declined, and is hardly a valid source for an objective review. Haven't they essentially relegated themselves to "let's plays?"

People going on about RT defending the Xbox One reveal, didn't GB also basically defend the DRM or am I getting mixed up?
Finding it hard to find shit online about it, but I'm sure I remember them downplaying it.

Justinh

I always thought that Rooster Teeth was and only was Red vs. Blue. I didn't know they did other stuff. They can continue to be irrelevant to me after seeing the crap coming from them.

Now...I haven't watched that entire podcast, nor do I intend to, but this Ryan guy says Gus disagrees with a review which is...okay, but when they accuse them of click-baiting and making fun of his fans makes me think that they're not for me anyways.

I hate it when people post this, it just makes me sad.

Never stop posting this when it's warranted.

Seventy70

Jeff is going to be looked at as the icon of the gaming journalism 20 years from now. The guy has been through some shit and he has come out on top. He's a boss.

Meanwhile, these guys will probably be mopping the floor at Bethesda offices.

Foffy

Banned
All of this workup because of opinions.

Like, I don't even side with Gerstmann in much of his views, but I was never bothered by 'em. The fact some would let the views of others invalidate theirs about games astounds me.

These are video games. They're subjective experiences.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I have yet to play Fallout 4, but 3/5 seems unlikely (not impossible mind you, I've seen great series take a dive). With that being said, Rooster Teeth itself has greatly declined, and is hardly a valid source for an objective review. Haven't they essentially relegated themselves to "let's plays?"

3/5 isn't even that bad of a score. Hell, I'd have bought it if he said "its great, but too similar to the last one". The actual reason he knocked the console versions down to 3/5 from 4/5 is because of technical problems on consoles

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Didnt know Meg Turney was a "gaming personality". Thought she was some sort of "nerd underwear model" if thats a thing

I wonder what Kim Kardashian thinks about Ebert review on Godfather Part III.

Its a shame these "Gaming" personalities are picking up steam. Either the ones who sit and shout in a mic all day or ones who are glorified cosplay models with an opinion.

Real Hero

It's not unlikely he actually did give it a 3/5 it is on the site

magnetic

Why did they even start with this mudslinging. What did they honestly think they would gain from that, rather than just ignoring his review? Now they brought Jeff extra attention.

Rooster Teeth have been shilling Xbox for years so this isn't a surprise.

Gerstmann is one of the few people I respect when it comes to this stuff.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Jeff is going to be looked at as the icon of the gaming journalism 20 years from now. The guy has been through some shit and he has come out on top. He's a boss.

I've gotta admit that I've never really liked Gertsmann myself since like others have mentioned, his tastes are drastically different from mine.

Still, I've got mad respect for him as a figure in the industry

Clefargle

I respect Jeff G a hella lot but his tastes clearly don't match up with mine and he is clearly jaded. Still one of the best voices in gaming media by a far margin though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom