• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Far Cry 5 set in Wild West 19th Century [Actually likely modern day Montana]

Will Ubisoft manage to keep any secrets for E3 (or even for their pre-E3 unveils)?

Results are only viewable after voting.

0racle

Man......

That's lame. I was excited for a true western with old classic guns, sand blowing, Steam trains and tumble weeds.

This is going to be 2017s battlefield hardline isn't it?

Horp

Western, just like WW1 for BF, sounds like such nice settings for an FPS on paper, but when you actually play the gameplay is inevitably hampered by the crappy and unvaried weapons. I'm not sure this one will be good.

Edit:
nvm, maybe isnt western after all.

Luke_Wal

Why can't be a game set in the roman republic??

One of the initial rumors for this new AC Egypt game is that it's part of a trilogy of early 1st millennia AC games, with the first in Egypt and the other two in Greece and the Roman Empire, so that's not exactly what you're looking for, but might be the closest we ever get.

EDIT: Apparently some of the info from that leaked screenshot indicates that the game takes place in about 2500BC, so not only could this information be completely wrong, it might not rule out what you're looking for. There's still hope.

SomTervo

To share what I've heard from two separate sources:
The game will indeed be set in Ubisoft's version of Montana, but will NOT be set in the 19th century. However, it will include "Western" aspects, including Mexican standoffs, horseback riding, poker, and bank robberies.

Well that's weird. Thanks for sharing.

Lingitiz

Man......

That's lame. I was excited for a true western with old classic guns, sand blowing, Steam trains and tumble weeds.

This is going to be 2017s battlefield hardline isn't it?

FarCry Primal had more parallels with Battlefield Hardline.

HaloRose

Banned
One of the initial rumors for this new AC Egypt game is that it's part of a trilogy of early 1st millennia AC games, with the first in Egypt and the other two in Greece and the Roman Empire, so that's not exactly what you're looking for, but might be the closest we ever get.
Yes that what i'm looking for i love ancient greece and roman empire Love to know which part though??

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Western, just like WW1 for BF, sounds like such nice settings for an FPS on paper, but when you actually play the gameplay is inevitably hampered by the crappy and unvaried weapons. I'm not sure this one will be good.

Did you ever play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger?

pa22word

Ha, I was just talking to a friend of mine last year about how awesome a gta set in Montana would be.

Rather disappointing Ubisoft is doing it though. Seems like a waste of an interesting idea to do nothing more to it than run it through the Ubisoft open world checklist and hit ship. I see a wasted five dollars in my future where I buy this on sale, play it for a few hours, and wondered why I bothered just like every other Ubisoft game I've played where they lured me in with an interesting premise and setting only for it to end up being the same game I played 5-10 years ago.

Top Bottom