• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S8 · S8+ |OT| - Available April 21, 2017

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
When did you put in your claim? My order has been placed since the 22nd and I still don't have a shipping notification. Has something happened on Samsung's end with orders? I've never tried VR and now I'm slowly losing interest in it. I even paid the $99 full experience. I feel ripped off at the moment.

when i called they told me 6 to 8 weeks. i honestly think calling and complaining helped push it along because i called them tuesday of last week and by the end of the week got a notice that it would be here by this previous tuesday. but the samsung phoneline is motherfucking terrible

When did you put in your claim? My order has been placed since the 22nd and I still don't have a shipping notification. Has something happened on Samsung's end with orders? I've never tried VR and now I'm slowly losing interest in it. I even paid the $99 full experience. I feel ripped off at the moment.

I think my order date was the same and I received shipping notification yesterday with expected delivery tomorrow. I'd guess yours isn't too far off.

Crayons

Banned
Mine refuses to even setup, but I usually have massive pupils that almost eclipse the iris, so I think that might bugger it up.
Have you considered quitting cocaine

Get the black Galaxy S8. I don't really like black phones but it is by far the best color and blends seamlessly with the screen.
I think the Orchid Grey is the best colour. It really goes with my aesthetic. If they don't get the Orchid Grey, I don't want the S8. Its really important to me that my phone can be coordinated with my outfits.

Jeffrey

I think the Orchid Grey is the best colour. It really goes with my aesthetic. If they don't get the Orchid Grey, I don't want the S8. Its really important to me that my phone can be coordinated with my outfits.
What do you wear that pairs with that color? Also it's a mad slippery phone so you'd put a case on anyways.

TheGrizz

At least you had a chance to apy for the $99 full experience bundle. I selected that option, my first claim got denied, second claim got approved. My status has been approved and processing since 4/24 with no email to actually pay for the bundle. I called yesterday and they told me not to worry. Ugh, what a pain.

I'm still in the status of Review in Progress since the 20th. My registration was approved though and i received an email on the 21st about receiving the items within 6-8 weeks.

Strakt

812MTQvBN7L._SL1001_.jpg

Gettin this case today; diggin the carved tree and its slim. (prob not protective at all lol)

Strakt

Also since I got the phone on the 21st, and didn't preorder, i was able to contact Samsung and they said they'll get me the GEAR VR package for free. Had to wait on the phone for like an hour. They told me to keep an eye on my email for a confirmation, so we'll see if they actually keep their word.

Kensation

Y'all should use APK Updater to update system apps. Updated Bixby, TouchWiz launcher, DQA, and the Samsung browser, they all seem better.

jm89

For some weird reason my cell standby and device idle seem to be consuming more battery than usual the past few days. I can't really see why, all my apps don't sync in the background other than email, any ideas what else i should look for?

My SOT has dropped from 7-8 hours to just about getting 6 hours, which is still good but kinda disappointed it dropped that much for whatever reason.

NeOak

So Assurant sent me a new phone. Completely new. With the adapters and everything.

I only have to return the phone with the broken screen. I keep the accessories.

wow

kirblar

So Assurant sent me a new phone. Completely new. With the adapters and everything.

I only have to return the phone with the broken screen. I keep the accessories.

wow
I mean, that's why you were paying for the (very expensive) insurance!

No Love

Banned

LMAO

Pogonip

Neo Member
Btw if you own s8; Free case, 64gb sdcard, 6 months netflix, and akg headphones.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...free-stand-case-sd-card-and-netflix-gift-card

netflix-sd-card-headphones-case-press-image.jpg

While the main site says to purchases between may 3 - 16th or w/e, apparently samsung stated it will work for existing customers.

"This item is not available in your country"

Bloody typical.

Yep, not available in Canada either.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a promotion like this available to us once in a while?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Btw if you own s8; Free case, 64gb sdcard, 6 months netflix, and akg headphones.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...free-stand-case-sd-card-and-netflix-gift-card

netflix-sd-card-headphones-case-press-image.jpg

While the main site says to purchases between may 3 - 16th or w/e, apparently samsung stated it will work for existing customers.

Wow. They are really trying to make up for the Note fiasco. Between Gear VR, Wireless charger, $60 case, and 32gb card, If I were to get this too that's a lot of free stuff for me.

kirblar

LowParry

I like the always display option but when you press the power, you get your locked screen with the time again. Anyway to remove the time on the locked screen?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Also with Tmobile you get dozens of free stuff a month. If you are really into the stuff they give out the phone is basically free. Free MLB TV for year, coupons for this, free stuff from that.

For some weird reason my cell standby and device idle seem to be consuming more battery than usual the past few days. I can't really see why, all my apps don't sync in the background other than email, any ideas what else i should look for?

My SOT has dropped from 7-8 hours to just about getting 6 hours, which is still good but kinda disappointed it dropped that much for whatever reason.

What are your settings? I'm sitting here with 16% and 4 hours 19 minutes of screen on time. Brightness is about 60% and I'm set to 2960x1440 resolution.

I'm also pretty darn happy with this performance already as it's taken me from 5 am to 9 pm basically. Just curious if there is something else I can/should do.

reKon

Banned
Wow. They are really trying to make up for the Note fiasco. Between Gear VR, Wireless charger, $60 case, and 32gb card, If I were to get this too that's a lot of free stuff for me.

When I bought the S7 last year, I got 1 year of Netflix and Gear VR for free. I also received a free wireless charger and a bunch gift cards to Amazon and best buy through Samsung Pay offers.

Strakt

You can also get the free VR set if you didnt preorder the phone, and got it a cpl days later. You need to call them though. I was able to get one today. (Was denied through site yest, but was able to get one by calling in)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's not just the phone either. With a lot of their products you could get a ton of free stuff. They are being generous.

Top Bottom