• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Francisco food trucks beware - the Bacon Bacon truck is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2011/06/21/and-now-the-bacon-bacon-truck/

baconbacon-600x379.jpg

It was only a matter of time.

Presenting the Bacon Bacon Truck, the natural evolution (lovechild?) of America’s dual, unrelenting fascination with bacon and food trucks. The brainchild of Jim Angelus, former GM at E&O, Bacon Bacon will launch in mid-July at Off the Grid; it will also be parked around town and available for private parties.

It is, as you would surmise, a food truck dedicated to bacon.

So what’s on the menu? Bacon, obviously. There will be six sandwiches, all made with bacon (though some can be made without): A pork belly and fried egg one, a grilled cheese number, the L.G.B.T (lettuce, goat cheese, bacon and tomato), pork meatball banh mi (featuring bacon in place of the traditional pate), broccoli rabe with bacon, and the requisite “Bacon Bacon Burger.”

On the side, there will be french fries, fried with rosemary and sage, salted and topped with parmesan; there is the option to get them “dirty” with fried pork belly trimmings. Angelus has also made a deal with San Mateo-based Devil’s Canyon to serve their root beer on tap.

Oh, and there’s another side dish: a bouquet of bacon. It is what it sounds like.

Bacon Bacon is due to launch in two weeks or so.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
On the side, there will be french fries, fried with rosemary and sage, salted and topped with parmesan; there is the option to get them “dirty” with fried pork belly trimmings.

This sounds so, so good.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
bacon-jam.jpg

I saw that on a food truck show on the Food network last night and almost pissed myself. Must try.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
coldvein said:
how is that possible?
Maybe he hasn't had really good bacon yet. The difference between quality, well cooked bacon versus the cheap quickly cooked stuff is pretty high.

XiaNaphryz said:
Maybe he hasn't had really good bacon yet. The difference between quality, well cooked bacon versus the cheap quickly cooked stuff is pretty high.

Yeah, at best I've had bacon at buffets.

I will admit that bacon looks and smells amazing. I always try some when I see it, I am just always left really disappointed because the taste isn't as equally awesome as the smell.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Obsessed said:

I will admit that bacon looks and smells amazing. I always try some when I see it, I am just always left really disappointed because the taste isn't as equally awesome as the smell.
You stfu! :mad:

Obsessed said:

You simply have not had the right kind my friend.

It is a life changing experience.

SolKane

Kind of bacon y'all fry up for domestics? I use Pederson's jalapeno bacon. Couldn't find a good pic, but here's one of their other packages:

IMG_3580.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The LGBT is the greatest name for a sandwich.

SolKane

mentalward said:
I am co-founder of Kung Fu Tacos in SF and I am unsurprised by this news. Too many food trucks these days.

I had an idea the other day for a food train, like converting an old style passenger car with windows into a food station. Course you could only serve food at designated train stops. But it would make a cool restaurant, if you could find an old train car to use and plant somewhere.

They have something like this in Napa. It is a wine train and you eat while touring wine country.

But yeah I think the idea of a train with different food being served out of each car would be pretty cool.

Only a matter of time before they arrive in SF.

EDIT: just realized that i didn't quote the post I was replying to. It was in reference to the Nom Nom pic.

SolKane

mentalward said:
I am co-founder of Kung Fu Tacos in SF and I am unsurprised by this news. Too many food trucks these days.

Are you one of these guys?

3902121544_088a0aa859_z.jpg

Ah, Jonathan Ward! your user name makes perfect sense.

mentalward said:

For the love of god come to South Bay. Sunnyvale. In front of Yahoo is a great spot. Come take our moneys.

SolKane said:
That's cool, good luck with your business. If I ever make it to SF I will stop by your food truck.

Yeah man. Just look us up on Twitter when you are in town. We are always out and about. I don't work the truck like I used to but it is out just about every day.

foomfoom415 said:
For the love of god come to South Bay. Sunnyvale. In front of Yahoo is a great spot. Come take our moneys.

We do Moxsie in Palo Alto every once in awhile and have done special events for Google. Yahoo! would be cool too. We pretty much stay in the city though unless it is for a pre-paid event. You just can't legally roll up where ever. Lots of permit issues to operate in different cities.

mentalward said:

Too many in the same few areas. So many areas and other states that don't have the food truck craze, it's only really in select areas where it's become huge and people now complaining about too many of them. SF is saturated with them.

tetsuoxb

All copies of the unholy original - the Lard On truck. Fo' Sizzle!

www.getyourlardon.com

truckPM.jpg

You know of no sin until you have tried the hellspawn goodness of the Baco.

Interwoven bacon shell with cheese/potato filling of artery clogging evil.

Lardon%2B-%2BThe%2BBaco.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom