• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Meal presents the 40 best burgers in US and top 10 chain burgers in US

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-n-Out > All.

Nice to see Father's Office get recognition, though, even though it's total crap to rank every burger in the god damn USA. Living within walking distance of the Santa Monica one can't be good for my arteries.

Also, best burger in L.A. is Golden State on Fairfax. Believe.

Isn't some big Japanese burger place opening somewhere on the westside?

Enron

Banned
I can vouch for all of the Atlanta entries.

Except for the Varsity. Why the fuck is that one there? It's a fast food burger, and it's not even that great. Good for fast food, but not great.

Fjordson

Goddamn, I'm hungry now. Might have to go to Gott's tonight here in San Fran.

Also glad to see In-N-Out and Five Guys so high up. Definitely some of the best chain burger places around.

Log4Girlz

As someone who hates cheese on my burger these lists always leave me disappointed as that always seems to be the main focus for most of these burgers. I'm very happy to see Ray's so high on the list. Was quite sad when their first two locations went out of business due to landlord-tenant disputes.

Also, I'd say my favorite two chains are Cheeseburger in Paradise and Fuddruckers. I'd take both of those over any of those other chains that I've tried.

Fuddruckers is great. Simply a great burger.

RBH

Going to NYC in a couple weeks and really looking forward to trying Shake Shack for the first time.

This thread reminds me I gotta go and watch Burger Land, I love that show.

I just started watching Burger Land this week when he just so happened to visit a few places that I travel through in Tennessee and Mississippi.

I also watch Man vs Food and the show has featured about half of these.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just went to Burger & Beer Bar in South Beach because of the list....yeah, the Mustang Sally burger ain't no joke man. Very hearty but not sloppy, sweet and salty mixture, great cheeses.

2013-06-22%2016.41.11.jpg

For anyone in Miami, I can't recommend Lokal and Oneburger enough though, both very good spots for a unique variety of burgers.

It's a shame that my favorite burger joint isn't even that well known in my own city, but I'll always pick Lenny's over In-n-Out for burgers in Phoenix.

Lenny's is delish. Stop by there once in a while when heading up to camelback from downtown after I am done with class.

Have you been to Rocket Burger off the 17 and cactus road? Best burger I have had so far living in phoenix the last two years. The onion rings are also fantastic.

l.jpg

l.jpg

And if you are really hungry, you can get rocket size.

l.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Five Guys is so unbelievably overpriced/overrated that I almost feel bad for people who think their average burgers; grocery store buns; iceberg lettuce and toppings are some type of accomplishment.

I'm pretty close to #4. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the area.

But right now I might just head to Five Guys because goddamn I need a burger.

Atlantan here. I've never been a fan of the Varsity burgers so I don't get that one but their chili dogs are f'in amazing. I've been to Vortex plenty of times but never ordered that burger, usually get the double coronary bypass which is awesome, the triple coronary I tried once but didn't even come close to finishing.

As far as Holeman and Finch I've never been but my boss claims it's out of this world amazing, hopefully I can try it one day.

And I like 5 guys for fast food burgers, it is not as good as In and Out and not nearly as good as Smashburger but decent. I think Farm Burger here in Atlanta is better than all of them regardless so that's where I choose to go when I want a good burger. Burger Fi opened close to my house recently so I need to go check it out.

I'm a vegetarian, but in a past life I ate that Winstead's burger in KC and it was divine.

The most appetizing burgers on the list were the ones with eggs on them. Love that.

alazz

Power Inn was good when I went there, never got to visit the original. Living in Elk Grove is great for burgers - The Habit, In-N-Out, Smashburger, and Five Guys on the same street.
Cool. I go up to Power Inn and Fruit Ridge all the time for Chando's Tacos. Next time I'll have to leave earlier and go to Squeeze instead.

Yeah you guys are lucky. Sunrise is pretty good too. It has an In-N-Out right by 50, a Smash and Habit across the street from one another, and another In-N-Out nearby on Madison. It's not quite as convenient as they are in Elk Grove, with all of them right off of 99 and in the same area.

Lenny's is delish. Stop by there once in a while when heading up to camelback from downtown after I am done with class.

Have you been to Rocket Burger off the 17 and cactus road? Best burger I have had so far living in phoenix the last two years. The onion rings are also fantastic.
l.jpg

Holy moley this looks incredible, but I'd rather be dead in California than living in Arizona ;)

Jooney

About to have burger 13 (Zuni Cafe, San Fran). My body is ready.

I also had my first Five Guys burger in chitown the other day. Best fast food burger I've had.

RBH

I can vouch for all of the Atlanta entries.

Except for the Varsity. Why the fuck is that one there? It's a fast food burger, and it's not even that great. Good for fast food, but not great.

Same thing I was thinking. :lol

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If they were going for Atlanta tradition, they should've left the Varsity off and put Ann's Snack Bar on there instead. That lady makes it all herself and it's incredible. Varsity is just for novelty.

I've been to Shake Shack more times than I can count--it really is the greatest chain burger you can find.

For once, I agree with lists like these.

So I'm noticing a disturbing trend with this list. Great cuts of ground beef, fresh vegetables and high quality buns, topped with American cheese...wtf? American cheese is fine on a Big Mac, but on burgers that are supposed to be the best in the US?

Respect though for the burgers that dare to incorporate one of the best additions, fried egg (sunny side up).

So I'm noticing a disturbing trend with this list. Great cuts of ground beef, fresh vegetables and high quality buns, topped with American cheese...wtf? American cheese is fine on a Big Mac, but on burgers that are supposed to be the best in the US?

Respect though for the burgers that dare to incorporate one of the best additions, fried egg (sunny side up).

This I agree with. So many better cheeses that can be incorporated into a normal burger.

Vinci

Danish
How does the #1 burger in America have American Cheese [sic] on it? American cheese is just shit, I don't get it.

Because that burger is, bar none, one of the best tasting things ever assembled by mankind. I kid you not - you feel genuine remorse when it's over.

Speaking of ATL showing every other place how burgers should be made, I would also advise the next list to include the D'Lux from Flip Burger.

But yeah, my wife and I knew what would win before even opening the thread.

Cool. I go up to Power Inn and Fruit Ridge all the time for Chando's Tacos. Next time I'll have to leave earlier and go to Squeeze instead.

Yeah you guys are lucky. Sunrise is pretty good too. It has an In-N-Out right by 50, a Smash and Habit across the street from one another, and another In-N-Out nearby on Madison. It's not quite as convenient as they are in Elk Grove, with all of them right off of 99 and in the same area.

Holy moley this looks incredible, but I'd rather be dead in California than living in Arizona ;)

California is home. Just in az for school.

cdyhybrid

Glad to see Dick's checking in at #19.

Nothing better after a long night of drinking and dancing than hot, thick, juicy, steamy, meaty Dick's in my mouth.

Booshka

Fucking this. I am two blocks from dick's right now and I wouldn't eat there unless I was taken at gunpoint.

Dicks is only good if you are wasted. It is an a objectively terrible and low quality burger whose saving grace is that it's cheap and quick. 90% of its customers wear Adidas shower flip flops and the other 10% drive Ford F150s and only drove to Seattle to be racist.

Glad to see Dick's checking in at #19.

Nothing better after a long night of drinking and dancing than hot, thick, juicy, steamy, meaty Dick's in my mouth.

Fucking lol

knicks

How are fast food places at #2?

I am fortunate to have had White Mana plenty of times, and it is absolutely amazing. A place like Bobby Flay's, Five Guys or In-N-Out don't come anyone near it.

Talon

I'm down with all the Chicago joints, although I'd put the Butcher and the Burger ahead of Kuma's...just for beef quality. Also, Old Town Social has my favorite burger in the city right now, even over Au Cheval. He (the owner) must use a steakhouse blend because it's the most unctuous hunk of beef you'll find in any burger. I get it medium rare there.

Also, love the Little Goat's burgers. That's Stephanie Izard's (of Top Chef and the Girl and the Goat) diner, which is actually on the same block as Au Cheval, just on the opposite side. They're big, but the combos are interesting. Bacon and kimchi is a combination close to the Korean heart, and it works just as well as a burger topping. Think of the kimchi as a replacement for the pickles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom