• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Service is broke cause Trump & family vacationing across the US

rjinaz

People are very openly hoping / advocating for USSS abandoning their posts and government limiting their protection parameters so much that it would automatically puts head(s) of state into risk of assassination (attempts), assaults etc. as they would have no protection.

If such moronic and short sighted caps and limitations would be put in place they wouldn't go away over night after Trump left office, especially when USSS keep protecting him and his family even after he leaves office.

I'm not saying what Trump has managed to do isn't amazingly stupid, but what people are advocating for here is dangerous for future administrations as those caps would be in place. Even could lead to real shit during current admin.

I wonder how people felt here when similar shit was aimed at Obama from far right.

I don't know why you keep mentioning Obama. Trump has taken things to an extreme. Like no president ever has.

Yes if Obama was doing this shit during his presidency I would have the same exact problem and would be calling him out right along with the Right media and looking for some kind of solution. Please don't equate me to some Trumper that can never see anything that Trump does as wrong. There were times I criticized Obama, though let's be honest, he didn't give too much to criticize over compared to Trump's daily dose.

Ekai

One more reason why the "I don't like Drumpf but I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative!" excuse doesn't work

It's a bullshit excuse regardless because fiscal conservatism is at odds with social liberalism.

So do they spend money on golf carts at his golf course? How is this not just putting taxpayer money into his own pockets?

It is taxpayer money going into his own pocket. That's the reason he's been taking so many vacations.

Tovarisc

I don't know why you keep mentioning Obama. Trump has taken things to an extreme. Like no president ever has.

Yes if Obama was doing this shit during his presidency I would have the same exact problem and would be calling him out right along with the Right media and looking for some kind of solution. Please don't equate me to some Trumper that can never see anything that Trump does as wrong. There were times I criticized Obama, though let's be honest, he didn't give too much to criticize over compared to Trump's daily dose.

Keep mentioning? I have mentioned Obama in one post once. Are you confusing me with someone else, or..?

Lunar15

This should be an absolute embarrassment for fiscal conservatives. They wanted to do things about "obama's ridiculous personal spending", so why not enact those measures on Trump?

Gurrry

This is a tiny bit off topic but in that link, there is a video that plays. In the video, it shows Trump at some podium being rushed out by secret service guys. When was this and what was it all about?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Serious question: why can't he just pay them? If he goes over his federal funding limit, he should pay them himself. I'm not willing to pay more taxes just so Trump can go on additional vacations.

It's not just pay, the budet is blown in part because of OT hours. Trump's just working them too much. You can pay them all the money in the world, but they're not slaves.

rjinaz

Keep mentioning? I have mentioned Obama in one post once. Are you confusing me with someone else, or..?

No you're right, I was thinking about when you said "about future Democratic presidents". Bringing the point back to Democrats behaving this way.

My point still stands. Trump is an extreme. I really don't get why you are bringing this back to Democrats.

A problem exists here. I'm not sure what the solution is but "but Democrats could be shitty too like this" doesn't seem like a way to progress.

d3yP1zE.gif

Darkest timeline keeps trucking on.

Lunar15

I think at this point, republicans are actually going to try to field a new candidate in the primaries. There's so much good stuff to sink Trump with that appeals specifically to republicans, and they'd be better off using that themselves than waiting for dems to use it in the main election.

If they do, they need to make sure it's just one candidate. A single, opposing republican could easily torpedo Trump and still give Reublicans enough hope that they could keep the white house.

Tovarisc

No you're right, I was thinking about when you said "about future Democratic presidents". Bringing the point back to Democrats behaving this way.

My point still stands. Trump is an extreme. I really don't get why you are bringing this back to Democrats.

A problem exists here. I'm not sure what the solution is but "but Democrats could be shitty too like this" doesn't seem like a way to progress.

My point was that any short sighted and extreme protection limiting parameters would affect future presidents and administrations of both parties, not just Trump and GOP ones.

Ponn

Banned
I think at this point, republicans are actually going to try to field a new candidate in the primaries. There's so much good stuff to sink Trump with that appeals specifically to republicans, and they'd be better off using that themselves than waiting for dems to use it in the main election.

If they do, they need to make sure it's just one candidate. A single, opposing republican could easily torpedo Trump and still give Reublicans enough hope that they could keep the white house.

People keep talking about Trump being primaried or we need to win in 2020, which is nice and all. The problem is this only been like 7 months, we still have 3 and a half years of this shit left.

Lunar15

People keep talking about Trump being primaried or we need to win in 2020, which is nice and all. The problem is this only been like 7 months, we still have 3 and a half years of this shit left.

Oh, I know. I think about this daily. It doesn't change the fact that we have to prepare.

rjinaz

My point was that any short sighted and extreme protection limiting parameters would affect future presidents and administrations of both parties, not just Trump and GOP ones.

Yes but there can still be realistic restrictions that fall well within a possible extreme like Trump is doing. It doesn't matter to me what president the party is from, extreme is extreme.

I mean I do get your point but this isn't really a party issue that we need to consider a possibly biased perspective.

Though in the end the president needs to be protected so I'm not really sure what the solution is. There may not be one.

BigDug13

People are very openly hoping / advocating for USSS abandoning their posts and government limiting their protection parameters so much that it would automatically puts head(s) of state into risk of assassination (attempts), assaults etc. as they would have no protection.

If such moronic and short sighted caps and limitations would be put in place they wouldn't go away over night after Trump left office, especially when USSS keep protecting him and his family even after he leaves office.

I'm not saying what Trump has managed to do isn't amazingly stupid, but what people are advocating for here is dangerous for future administrations as those caps would be in place. Even could lead to real shit during current admin.

I wonder how people felt here when similar shit was aimed at Obama from far right.

Hasn't Trump already burned through four years worth of Obama travel expenses? If the budget cap is set to even half of what Trump has spent this year, any other fiscally responsible president won't even come close to reaching it.

Kusagari

Hasn't Trump already burned through four years worth of Obama travel expenses? If the budget cap is set to even half of what Trump has spent this year, any other fiscally responsible president won't even come close to reaching it.

He's predicted to exceed ALL eight years of Obama's expenses combined by the end of 2017.

Effect

Not at all surprised by this. In fact I remember an article from earlier in the year about how they were requesting more money because of how much they were spending when his wife was still living in New York City. Back then they had burned through in a few weeks/months what took the Obama a year or two. Also not at all surprised that he treats them like servants. He thinks everyone works for him and is at his beck and call. He has no respect for anyone.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
My favorite spin on this is that it's not Trump's fault because the budget was set up prior to the Trump administration. If only he had the opportunity to set up the budget, he'd make sure there was enough headroom to adequately funnel money into his businesses.

nampad

Secret Service reaching their overtime cap already can only mean that Trump is working way more than lazy Obama!
/s

Shoeless

On the other hand, I imagine there are a ton of young, white, enthusiastic men out there willing to work absolutely free as long as they can bring their own tiki torches, shields and weapons to the job.

mnannola

The biggest surprise of this presidency (of which there are many) is that Trump is straight up making bank by taking in tax payer dollars at his businesses, and no one seems to really care.

Jumeira

Banned
His corruption and exploitative ways are just staggering, this is the same type of underhanded methods you'd expect from a Asian/Arabian Kleptocracy, and he called Hillary the crook?

Top Bottom