• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Service is broke cause Trump & family vacationing across the US

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
When does Trump start getting Alt Right nutjobs to act as his personal security force?

commedieu

Banned
Don't even joke about PMCs operating on US soil.

It's not a joke playboy.

Only a matter of time. Watch.. this will be trumps solution. And he can get a deal, I'm sure, as they won't nearly be as vetted as ss. You knoe, like no one is vetted that works for him..

God, our president is a moron.

So do they spend money on golf carts at his golf course? How is this not just putting taxpayer money into his own pockets?

Thatsthejoke.jpg

This is why the head federal ethics guy quit.

"Even if the president isn't a crook blatantly stealing from the American people for his family and friends, he sure gives off that impression a lot."

Yes but there can still be realistic restrictions that fall well within a possible extreme like Trump is doing. It doesn't matter to me what president the party is from, extreme is extreme.

I mean I do get your point but this isn't really a party issue that we need to consider a possibly biased perspective.

Though in the end the president needs to be protected so I'm not really sure what the solution is. There may not be one.

The solution will be new ethics laws that forbid the president from hiring his family to cabinet positions, and prevent the use of his private businesses for presidential functions.

You don't need a hard cap if Congress was willing to put their foot down on the unethical shit.

Completely ridiculous...they should make Trump pay for them all himself.
The holidays maybe, but if a President has a big family, he has a big family. The fact we all hate Trump doesn't really change the fact that the President's family should be protected.

Disgraced

Meanwhile, on Facebook your uncle posts an article from theconservativewhatever.fu titled "Trump Only President Not Leave White House Like Obama — Suck It Up Liberals."

Dreez

"Since we don't have money for any more Secret Service, due to weak policy left by previous administrations, believe me, I must take a break as President until next year, not that I want to, it's just how it works. May God bless you all, bye bye now, I have the largest winery in America."

Wiseblood

6LsZTiU.png

JettDash

Congress will likely appropriate more money to them. It isn't like they need to raise taxes to do it. Or even cut anything in return.

KDR_11k

This is gross and entirely unsurprising. They should quit. Who would want to take a bullet for a president that doesn't respect the office, you, or really anyone outside perhaps his immediate family.

When did this turn from Arrested Development into Archer?

Fisty

Doesn't he get this protection for life? The only way we can avoid this shit for years to come is if he is thrown in prison or chokes to death on a ketchup-soaked, well-done steak

Trouble

Banned
Doesn't he get this protection for life? The only way we can avoid this shit for years to come is if he is thrown in prison or chokes to death on a ketchup-soaked, well-done steak

Yes, but protection levels are different for a sitting president. Also, much of his family will stop getting protection details once he's out of office.

jstripes

Banned

They can give him relatively inexpensive 24/7 protection if he doesn't mind being in a 6x10 room for an extended period of time.

Of course the Trumpers at work say this is fake news and not true at all.

I was told "If SS could run out of funds then it would have been made public multiple times under Obama with all the vacations he took."

I can't even lol. I told him "I agree. If it's negative it's fake. If it's positive it's real."

banktree

Banned
Of course the Trumpers at work say this is fake news and not true at all.

I was told "If SS could run out of funds then it would have been made public multiple times under Obama with all the vacations he took."

I can't even lol. I told him "I agree. If it's negative it's fake. If it's positive it's real."

And now you understand religion.

Oriel

Trump bankrupting the nation just like his many business flops. If only someone had warned American voters last year.....

Hey if this pushes Trump out of the presidency via assassination opportunity it's probably a good thing for the rest of the world. I'm pretty sure I'm now on some sort of shit list after posting that...

Top Bottom