• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

AEREC

Akuma's throw animation isn't a good example, it doesn't really interact much with the other character model as much as someone like Guile's does.

What if he's immune to grabs and command grabs?

I'm not serious about comment tho.

That was actually my first thought given his size...but I'm guessing that would just change the game too much.

Need to see a Zangief vs Abigail match.

I want to see how Mikas butt smash super and Lauras choke hold super look on Abigail. I expect those girls will disappear inside of him. Clipping to the extreme.

vg260

What a bizarre... pointless idea...

Both SFIV and SFV have DLC stages. There's no use in pretending that only the original releases existed and that's what you should compare. This is what we call "grasping at straws" and you must be reaaaaaaaallllly thirsty.

What does that even mean?

In terms of the base stages in that I didn't have to spend extra money/FM on, I like the SFIV ones better. That's it. Is that OK? I actually recall having this conversation back near launch before a lot of the DLC stages came out, and at the time, the SFV stages were underwhelming, so there was actually a point of reference for the comparison.

It wasn't until the stage DLC started coming out that the quality started getting better in terms of NPC animation and bringing back fan favorite stages. This speaks to how they have been improving the overall quality and variety of the stages since launch. The SF2 remakes are my favorites of both games, so as a complete collection, I prefer the SFV ones. Cool?

What a bizarre... pointless idea...

Both SFIV and SFV have DLC stages. There's no use in pretending that only the original releases existed and that's what you should compare. This is what we call "grasping at straws" and you must be reaaaaaaaallllly thirsty.

No it isn't lol. That post above you talking about how good SFV stages are didn't use a single default stage from the game, the default stages in SFV are the absolute worst.

AAK

As a Tekken player to you Street Fighter players I would gladly trade him for Lucky Chloe in a millisecond. You guys got an infinitely better troll character.

No it isn't lol. That post above you talking about how good SFV stages are didn't use a single default stage from the game, the default stages in SFV are the absolute worst.

Bustling Side Street, Hillside Plaza, Forgotten Waterfall, Kanzuki Estate, City in Chaos...these are all default stages, and they are all great.

kirblar

Bay Area is a gorgeous stage.
As a Tekken player to you Street Fighter players I would gladly trade him for Lucky Chloe in a millisecond. You guys got an infinitely better troll character.
He's basically our Jack. Before the leak I actually thought he might be Jack based on the silhouette proportions.

DunpealD

But you already have Jack! Which reminds me... Abigail actually might make a good alternate costume for Jack, especially when they add a new Rage Arts to it like Kings Bullet Club Rainmaker. Also there is still no Lei Wulong or Marduk in Tekken 7, I prefer to have them deliver fan favorites. Really feel for all those Lei Wulong fans.
Still struggle with the lack of Sagat in SFV myself.

On topic, at first I wasn't too excited about the reveal. But I've kinda warmed up to him and looking forward to try him out. Seems like he is a walking wall type like Gief, which makes his size even more interesting.
He should have some good corner game with those long limbs, unlike normal characters it might even make a corner escape a lot harder than the rest of the cast.

MrCarter

But, but, but he's a big and ugly brute why on earth would you want him when you have such a cute, underage waifu!

/s

Neiteio

So if I want to play Street Fighter V, is there a way to buy the game so that it comes with all the characters? I haven't really been following this game and I'm not sure how its DLC works.

So if I want to play Street Fighter V, is there a way to buy the game so that it comes with all the characters? I haven't really been following this game and I'm not sure how its DLC works.

Premium costumes and CPT branded stages/costumes can only be purchased with real money. All other DLC (characters, stages, colours) can be obtained either by paying or by using FM which can be earned in-game. It takes a little time to get the FM to get ALL the DLC characters plus stages but it's doable.

The easiest way would be for you to buy the base game + 2016 character pass + 2017 character pass which is the 2017 deluxe edition. This version will get you all the characters released by the end of the year, + a premium costume for the 2016 and 2017 DLC characters + Guile's stage + colours 1-10 for the base costume for the 2016 and 2017 DLC characters.

That'll give you all 28 characters by the end of the year and it means you won't have to skimp and save on FM. The deluxe edition was quite recently on sale on both PSN and PC for around 40$ (which is a good deal IMO) but it's not active right now. There's no physical version right now.

Buying physical is kinda pointless tbh since you'll literally have to redownload the game anyway when you take into account patches + DLC. And you can get a better deal through digital.

The SFV Deluxe Edition often goes on sale on PC and PS4 for about $40. That has all 28 characters as well as a bonus costume for 12 of them.

Alternatively, there's a very good chance of a Super relaunch coming at the end of the year. You could probably get a ton more costumes or 6 more characters (34 total) for $60, but nothing's confirmed.

Neiteio

Premium costumes and CPT branded stages/costumes can only be purchased with real money. All other DLC (characters, stages, colours) can be obtained either by paying or by using FM which can be earned in-game. It takes a little time to get the FM to get ALL the DLC characters plus stages but it's doable.

The easiest way would be for you to buy the base game + 2016 character pass + 2017 character pass which is the 2017 deluxe edition. This version will get you all the characters released by the end of the year, + a premium costume for the 2016 and 2017 DLC characters + Guile's stage + colours 1-10 for the base costume for the 2016 and 2017 DLC characters.

That'll give you all 28 characters by the end of the year and it means you won't have to skimp and save on FM. The deluxe edition was quite recently on sale on both PSN and PC for around 40$ (which is a good deal IMO) but it's not active right now. There's no physical version right now.

Buying physical is kinda pointless tbh since you'll literally have to redownload the game anyway when you take into account patches + DLC. And you can get a better deal through digital.

The SFV Deluxe Edition often goes on sale on PC and PS4 for about $40. That has all 28 characters as well as a bonus costume for 12 of them.

Alternatively, there's a very good chance of a Super relaunch coming at the end of the year. You could probably get a ton more costumes or 6 more characters (34 total) for $60, but nothing's confirmed.
Thanks guys. I'll wait and see regarding a potential Super edition. No rush here. I've always struggled to play these games, but I like the characters enough that I'd probably enjoy downloading the game to just play against the CPU.

Raitaro

I've partially back-pedalled on liking Abigail's design, especially in terms of his body proportions, when I saw this quick fix on twitter (sorry if it was posted and discussed already): https://mobile.twitter.com/BarkerMugen/status/887064318600204288

Yeah, that definitely looks better imo. Like I said in the edit to my earlier post, it might have been better if the twitter version would have been his default look while his current pumped up version would have been v-trigger related (ala Abobo in Double Dragon for Neo Geo, as some here have already pointed out). That said, while I hope (in vain) that Capcom might tone Abigail's physique down a bit still (which they won't if the less narrow fanmade fix for Fang is any indication), I continue to like his overall look and theme outside of his bloated arms and tiny head though.

The safari and construction stages are as good as or better than most SFV stages. There are several other nice ones too.

I liked those two as well except for the over-sized hippo's in the former stage. Despite what Capcom said about them, hippo's are big but not that "towering over humans" big. The construction site might be my favorite SFIV stage overall along with the diner at night one.

And don't forget about the tacky SFxTK stages that should have never been ported over.

Call me crazy but I actually liked the dinosaur one out of those because of how absurd it was while simultenously making sense in the way that it made Shadaloo seem more awesome and impressive for having live dino's under their wing. I hope it comes back.

VariantX

Thanks guys. I'll wait and see regarding a potential Super edition. No rush here. I've always struggled to play these games, but I like the characters enough that I'd probably enjoy downloading the game to just play against the CPU.

Yeah, definitely wait and see. I wouldn't buy right now if I were in your shoes considering that alot of these leaks are actually coming to pass and SSFV being amongst them. You as a late adopter could get a lot more bang for your buck if you wait a bit longer. Given how you like to play just against the CPU, you'd only have a story prologue, general story, vs cpu, trials and survival (ugh) to play. An arcade ladder and extra battle mode might be up your alley (whenever capcom finally gets around to put that shit in the game)

Still don't know how stages don't come with Season pass.

S1 pass game with Guile's stage.

Also, the Season/Character passes come with lots of FM opportunities (each DLC character comes with story, trials, demonstrations, and survival paths that all give considerable FM).

So, in a way, Season/Character passes DO come with stages (or rather, ways to unlock stages.)

7Th

DFBUAz7U0AAKSb8.jpg:orig

Akira Yasuda reminds us that Capcom once was at the top of the character design game. What went wrong?

7Th

Well, SFIII's character designs benefit from the fact that the game was extremely good looking and Capcom artists like Ikeno and Yasuda were at the top of their game.

Ryce

Skullomania would be laughed at as a La Parka ripoff joke character. Dan would be ridiculed as a lazy shoto joke character.

"Seriously? A fucking skeleton costume man? Capcom this is why you are failing as a company after cancelling Mega Man Legends, where is Sagat?"

- A FB post in the universe where Skullomania was announced for SFV

I won't take any Rashid or FANG slander. Menat also looks great from what little we saw of her.

Abigail's bleh from a design perspective imo, but I actually really dig his Lobo costume lol.

Akiman is my favorite consistently good. Bengus 2016-2017 is trash.
Not really. The art he did in SFV was clearly rushed or underbudget (even then, it got much better in Season 2; see Kolin or Ed's stories). If you see the cover art for USFII, you'll see that he's still pretty good.

Neiteio

I keep coming back to this thread to watch the trailer. I just find it so entertaining and creative in a Looney Tunes comic antics sort of way. :)

spend $100+ on the base game + Season 1 & 2 pass....

Additional Costumes not included. CPT stage not included.

Top Bottom