• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight |OT| The 8-bit adventures of Butt Butt Goes to Europe & Australia

duckroll

Have they mentioned anything about adding the Digger's Diary/Miiverse integration to the 3DS version?

Would that even be possible? So far all the Miiverse integration into games has been for the WiiU. The 3DS supports Miiverse as an application, but it might not support integration in the same way.

maxcriden

Would that even be possible? So far all the Miiverse integration into games has been for the WiiU. The 3DS supports Miiverse as an application, but it might not support integration in the same way.

I've never really thought about it, but I think you're right that the 3DS has never shown evidence of being able to support full-on integration of Miiverse the way games like Pushmo and NSMBU can.

I think this blog update is fairly important and should be added to the OP: Digger's Diary Detailed - as you can imagine, it goes into detail regarding the creative process behind the wii u's most prominent exclusive feature.

miiversepad.png

#verilyformiiverse

Thanks I plan to keep adding these features to the OP. :)

ScrewAttack is streaming Iron Man of Gaming mode.

According to the devs, it's accessed via one of the cheat codes.

That's awesome. Not watching as I don't want to spoil myself, but just the idea of it is awesome in and of itself.

Ulvion

Neo Member
I'm really loving it so far. I recommend not watching anything about it unless you just can't stop yourself. There's plenty of secrets, and half the fun is stumbling into some of the weirder ones. If you like Mega Man and stuff like this, just be ready to get it day one.

Velcro Fly

I'm also interested to see if this game will be speedrun friendly. I never used to care about that sort of thing but now it's another thing I'm interested in.

I funded the KS, and I'm wondering--should I already have a code? In which email was that explained?

I've been pretty bad about staying in top of this!

Edit: I requested a 3DS code.

mrhej

It would be nice if there was cross buy with the Wii U/3DS but it's Nintendo. So I'll be getting this on Wii U.

Exile20

It would be nice if there was cross buy with the Wii U/3DS but it's Nintendo. So I'll be getting this on Wii U.
It is up to the dev not Nintendo. Nintendo does have the capacity for cross buy but continue using the tired phase of 'its Nintendo'.

LordDisco

Neo Member
I've been waiting for this since they announced it! Between 1001 Spikes, Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, and Mighty No. 9, my Wii U is going to explode with indie awesomness!

Less than a week for Shovel Knight. Will another indie game dethrone my Mario Kart 8 madness? You better believe it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't remember which platform I choose... I don't even remember if I ever got the email asking me that, actually.

When are backers supposed to get their codes?

Still not out? Been so long I kind of forgot about it. Probably just wait now and see if they ever announce a Xbox One or PS4 version... If not I'm sure it'll be on sale eventually.

maxcriden

I'm more confused about the title after reading the explanation

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuiNtC4kURk

I funded the KS, and I'm wondering--should I already have a code? In which email was that explained?

I've been pretty bad about staying in top of this!

Edit: I requested a 3DS code.

I don't remember which platform I choose... I don't even remember if I ever got the email asking me that, actually.

Not sure when, but I don't believe they've been distributed quite yet. I assume it'll be this week given the 6/26 release date.

They did a platform survey through Kickstarter (not an email) ages ago. You already got a Humble key about two months ago. That should either be in your email or already added to your Humble account. The key will appear in there upon release.

They did a platform survey through Kickstarter (not an email) ages ago. You already got a Humble key about two months ago. That should either be in your email or already added to your Humble account. The key will appear in there upon release.

The Humble key is only relevant to those who funded the PC version, right? Should I just expect a key in my inbox if I opted for 3DS?

thefro

The Humble key is only relevant to those who funded the PC version, right? Should I just expect a key in my inbox if I opted for 3DS?

Edit: The Wii U/3DS are being distributed through Humble as well. Misread your post and thought you were talking about getting a Steam key in the mail.

The Humble key is only relevant to those who funded the PC version, right?

Nope. People who use Humble for key distribution of Kickstarter rewards use it for all platforms. When a key appears it should show as "{Game X} Key -- {Platform}" or something like that.

Laffer

I can't wait to play this game, but I need to wait since I live in PAL-land.

I guess they are delaying it to change it to 50Hz for a true European NES experience.

Kater

Banned
I can't wait to play this game, but I need to wait since I live in PAL-land.

I guess they are delaying it to change it to 50Hz for a true European NES experience.

We have not gotten an explanation of why the game got delayed for 3DS/Wii U for PAL region, right? I asked Yachtclub that on twitter but they couldn't tell me either.

We have not gotten an explanation of why the game got delayed for 3DS/Wii U for PAL region, right? I asked Yachtclub that on twitter but they couldn't tell me either.

Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe have separate approval processes. NoE is likely just taking longer.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Oh thanks, just found the email.

Turns out I took the 3DS version.

1m6A0Fv.png

Regiruler

I'm hoping there is a release night celebratory stream to mirror the KS campaign finale.

When does the eShop update for the Thursday additions usually?

zroid

Banned
Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe have separate approval processes. NoE is likely just taking longer.

that and probably ran into trouble getting all the european ratings sorted out. apparently they don't make it easy for indies, unlike ESRB.

KooopaKid

Banned
I really don't know which version to pick up:
- 3DS for the 3D effect
or
- Wii U for the free multiplayer mode later (Do we know what type of mode it might be?)

Muzy72

Banned
Considering review codes are already out, there's nothing stopping Yacht Club from sending out the backer codes a little early right? I would hate to have to wait till the eShop updates!

Arcanine55

Neo Member
I want this on my WiiU but here in Europe is delayed to an unkwon date except in Steam, hope the game will be worth the wait.

virtjk

Thanks for the kickin-rad tunage, man.
I'm hoping there is a release night celebratory stream to mirror the KS campaign finale.

REGIRULAAHHHHH
Yo, as Aeana knows, I lurk here and adore you guys, but I stay quiet, especially regarding my own projects. I also don't speak on behalf of YCG, so I can't give any official info or customer support.

But just wanted to clarify 2 things you've mentioned:

1) The arrangements (there are now almost a dozen in progress, hahaha hooooly shit) will be Bandcamp-only (digital OST, available to everyone) for now. The backer physical album will be the complete original soundtrack by itself, with super nice artwork and packaging, in a 2-disc set. The digital OST, which anyone can get from day 1, will contain the same music PLUS arrangements, since I am not limited by the capacity of discs... But that first physical CD printing is just for backers, and I hope you enjoy it!

2) YES there will indeed be a streaming release party; At 7PM PST on Thursday the 26th (Launch day!) We're going to listen through the whole soundtrack with webcams set up, as we experience the elation / relief / horror of RELEASE DAY at the YCG office. I'm guessing most of the team will be hunched over their computers, frantically trying to keep up with day-one customer support and PR stuff, but I will do my best to make them all drink themselves into a stupor. They've certainly earned it.

Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/452088761594858/ I would LOVE to have all GAF champions there to party with and/or laugh at us.

Regiruler

REGIRULAAHHHHH
Yo, as Aeana knows, I lurk here and adore you guys, but I stay quiet, especially regarding my own projects. I also don't speak on behalf of YCG, so I can't give any official info or customer support.

But just wanted to clarify 2 things you've mentioned:

1) The arrangements (there are now almost a dozen in progress, hahaha hooooly shit) will be Bandcamp-only (digital OST, available to everyone) for now. The backer physical album will be the complete original soundtrack by itself, with super nice artwork and packaging, in a 2-disc set. The digital OST, which anyone can get from day 1, will contain the same music PLUS arrangements, since I am not limited by the capacity of discs... But that first physical CD printing is just for backers, and I hope you enjoy it!

2) YES there will indeed be a streaming release party; At 7PM PST on Thursday the 26th (Launch day!) We're going to listen through the whole soundtrack with webcams set up, as we experience the elation / relief / horror of RELEASE DAY at the YCG office. I'm guessing most of the team will be hunched over their computers, frantically trying to keep up with day-one customer support and PR stuff, but I will do my best to make them all drink themselves into a stupor. They've certainly earned it.

Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/452088761594858/ I would LOVE to have all GAF champions there to party with and/or laugh at us.

1) Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it
2) 7pm PST? So that'll be 10pm EST. And knowing me, I'll try and stay up for the entire thing. Going to be a great time.
3) Holy shit you have a GAF account

Rafy

... What is the uhh, replay value of this game like? Are there extra modes? Score attack? Online level leaderboards or something? I'm already sold on this game, but I'm curious of its longevity.

It has plenty of replay value, there are collectibles and such, plus there is always more loot and weapons to find.

EDIT: I forgot about the challenges and the gender swap mode.

Regiruler

www.yachtclubgames.com

Details the Battle Arena. I assume that's what you mean for the free multiplayer mode. It's the same thing that 3DS is going to have with the Street Pass Arena.

The latest update listed is the Digger's Diary, so I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to point to.
Streetpass Arena is 3DS exclusive and does not have a likeness in the other versions. The battle mode is something completely different and has yet to be implemented.
I want to say it's noon EST.
So no staying up until midnight for shovel knight download goodness.
Much sadness, but it's probably better for my sleep anyway. Besides, that's what the release listening party is for.

Top Bottom