• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jared is the MVP every episode.

Yep, definitely the standout. His description of how the jacket will make you fall in love with it KILLED ME. And jeezuz h his breakdown was distressing. That poor thing!! I'm so curious what his deal is.

Anyway, I know I'm an idiot for thinking this but I'm cautiously optimistic heading into the last few eps :\

Aiii

So not worth it
Did they even acknowledge that there was another coder next to Dinesh at the house at all? He just kind of showed up.

They even had Richard request two new desks to seat the new employees from Jared in the other room you could see in the background of the scene just before that.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jack Barker's whole "what are we doing, we're both here, we're going to the same place, you look like you could use some company, so here's my IM handle" bit was hilarious.

Grinchy

Banned
Did they even acknowledge that there was another coder next to Dinesh at the house at all? He just kind of showed up.

Yeah that was really weird, especially considering they already showed how they were using off-site engineers to save money. Then suddenly a random Chad is sitting in at the house.

SeanC

Yeah that was really weird, especially considering they already showed how they were using off-site engineers to save money. Then suddenly a random Chad is sitting in at the house.

He's just hangin' around.

A Hanging Chad.

There was a couple of others in the background too, and they also referenced needing more tables so I think the assumption is they hired locally once they launched. Not sure why they bothered with the outsourcing subplot if that's the case, felt like a lot of nothing.

Jared: "Well, people do create imaginary friends to meet their emotional needs. When I was little, I used to pretend that I shared a room with Harriet Tubman and we were always planning our big escape."

Who writes this stuff, amazing.

Slacker

Jared continuous to be subtly hilarious.

I'm almost 100% certain that two actors couldn't pull off Richard and Jared's awkward conversations as well as Middleditch and Woods. Jared's "Did someone do that to you?" response to Richard's horrible analogy was just perfect.

Renekton

Jack Barker's whole "what are we doing, we're both here, we're going to the same place, you look like you could use some company, so here's my IM handle" bit was hilarious.
The writers played us like a fiddle, I thought they would share a plane.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
My Step-father's name is H Eric Blockman, which is almost Erlich Blockman. Shit was killing me.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This last episode really cemented the series as one of my favorite television comedies ever. Erlich gets a really genuine treatment as a character in spite of how goofy and over the top he can be, and it's all pulled off so cleanly without the show feeling like it has to take its foot off the pedal for its comedy. Not only was this one of the episodes that I've felt most sympathetic to one of the characters, but it's also one of the funniest episodes, and it just goes to show how well composed and intelligent Silicon Valley can be. I really hope this show gets the attention and recognition it deserves.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's just hangin' around.

A Hanging Chad.

There was a couple of others in the background too, and they also referenced needing more tables so I think the assumption is they hired locally once they launched. Not sure why they bothered with the outsourcing subplot if that's the case, felt like a lot of nothing.

They outsourced because they ran out of money, they only got part of the money up front and unlocked the rest of it by launching the beta. It was one of the reasons they launched the beta highlighted in the last episode.

They now have several millions to spend, which is why they're hiring new people.

The guy who plays "Jeremy the Coder" posted on Reddit about his appearance this week and what sort of work he did on the show.
I was visible in the season 3 trailer way back when that first dropped in March, and last week I caught wind that there was a fair bit of speculation as to who the heck I was when they released the preview for episode 8 and I was one of the only new faces in it.

Now that episode 8 has aired, there still doesn't seem to be much of an explanation for why my mug was featured so prominently in a couple random shots, so I thought I'd drop in and give some context.

To wit: In episode 8, "Bachman's Earning's Over-Ride," I was hired to play a new coder for Pied Piper, but I was also asked to step in and play Richard's stand-in for the final few episodes of the season.

Originally, there was a scene that explained (a bit more explicitly) that the house was getting crowded due to the new employees that were hired after the launch. There was a rabble of coders, front-end reps, customer service reps and whatnot shoved into the living room area, and a couple of coders-- Claude and Jeremy-- sitting at the big table with the main cast. Claude sat at the far end of the table by the fireplace, and I, "Jeremy" sat next to Dinesh.

In the scene, Dinesh complained to Richard that he can't work properly when other people are all crowded up next to him. "Jeremy's shit's always in my way!" (Meanwhile, I just kept working and glaring at him...)
Richard then asked, "Who's Jeremy?" and I'd point out that I'd been sitting there the whole fucking time, being lambasted by Dinesh. Richard got embarrassed, apologized to me, and tried to get a handle on the crowding situation (at one point Dinesh drew a line on the table that my headphones were not allowed to cross), before we were all interrupted by the arrival of Jared and his heinous jacket.

We shot a couple takes with everyone at the table being shocked by the jacket, but the director pointed out that I'd mostly just be pissed at Dinesh by that point and refuse to participate. So we finished the sequence with me ignoring everyone else and just working on my computer.

In the final episode, my scene was cut (most likely for time and the fact that we don't need to spell out that there are new employees in the household) but little bits of it remain around the edges. I'm still working away next to Dinesh and refuse to look up at the jacket shenanigans. When Jared shows off the message on the back of the jacket, you can see the throng of new employees in the living room. And when Dinesh and Gilfoyle head to the coffee shop, Dinesh still says "Claude, you're on duty till we get back!" even though Claude has been cut out of the sequence entirely.
He has a few more anecdotes about working on the show via the link. Worth a quick look.

norinrad

I just watched it again. Gavin getting Steve Jobbed was hilarious.

Hopefully Erlich gets his shares back in some twisted way. He maybe a dick, but i like him

KBMYAC

Neo Member
the end credit song in each episode is awesome. Anyone know where I can find a list of all the songs from all the seasons.

I loved the bit at the airport where Gavin and the former Pied Pier CEO were going to the same place and just when you think they might share the plane, they just exchange wifi details so they can play chess.

Poor Erlich. Totally screwed.

Are we leading up to Gavin buying Roviga and then owning Pied Piper?

They outsourced because they ran out of money, they only got part of the money up front and unlocked the rest of it by launching the beta. It was one of the reasons they launched the beta highlighted in the last episode.

They now have several millions to spend, which is why they're hiring new people.

and this time they are not blowing it all in a new space and high octanes salespeople.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
After fully knowing what it means to be sent to the roof, seeing him walk out onto the roof was funny as hell. You're never too big to a room of shareholders.

Gavin walking out onto the roof was one of the funniest payoff scenes of the entire show IMO.

26ubbaG.jpg

Kyuur

Last episode was hilarious (well, as always)! I really like the direction they've taken, where the overall company is now doing very well and the problems are more personal. I'm actually not sure where they're going to go after this season.

norinrad

After fully knowing what it means to be sent to the roof, seeing him walk out onto the roof was funny as hell. You're never too big to a room of shareholders.

I think his fight is now going to be personal and against the shareholders. At least it seems like he's plotting something when he said he needed to take a walk and clear his mind(on a fucking plane lol)

Alpende

I loved Action Jack and Gavin interacting with each other. You'd think they take the same plane, even after AJ asks if Gavin plays chess but noooo. Really liked that.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I loved Action Jack and Gavin interacting with each other. You'd think they take the same plane, even after AJ asks if Gavin plays chess but noooo. Really liked that.

Loved how they mentioned the chess game too I assumed oh they will talk about Pied Piper. I wanna see Big Head some how take Gavins old spot at Hooli.

i don't really like the current gilfoyle/dinesh dynamic. gilfoyle is too mean (even after he's already succeeded in making dinesh sad), and dinesh is just so pathetic that it's hard to watch sometimes.

Do you think anything will come of Jack and Gavin's vacation? They've both been burned by Pied Piper, a first in their respective careers. The joke about them going to the same place but not going together was great, but it's a possible setup for them to join forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom