• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

creatchee

I couldn't help but read his answers as Erlich. It's like the character was giving the interview. A lot of that was shit Erlich would say.

Pretty easy to believe that man is difficult to work with.

This season was uneven but this was the only episode I thought was really bad. The self-learning smart fridge out got a big groan from me. Dinesh and Gilfoyle were just props. it was weird.

Kelsdesu

Pretty easy to believe that man is difficult to work with.

This season was uneven but this was the only episode I thought was really bad. The self-learning smart fridge out got a big groan from me. Dinesh and Gilfoyle were just props. it was weird.

Man... I think I am done with this show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

But I just thought that what the show has suffered from, what’s bad about it, is that Richard is the CEO and then he isn’t but then he finds his way back to be CEO, and then once he finds his way back to being the CEO he says he doesn’t want to be the CEO, and it’s just the same thing over and over. … So I thought it would be really interesting [to leave].

Wow.

I will never be on Silicon Valley again. That character, as you have seen, disappeared into the ether. And he did it at a time when no one was sick of him, when he had worn thin but not worn out. And even my father when I told him that I was leaving was like, “Yeah, we watched three or four episodes in a row and it’s kind of one-note. I think it’s a good idea.” So I had the perfect father-son moment with him going, “Yeah, it’s starting to kind of suck. It’s a little stale. You’re becoming a bit hack.” If I can trust anyone in terms of comedy, it’s my father. I thought this is definitely a good idea if he’s saying, “I’m getting sick of watching you. Why don’t you do something else?”

TJ's dad knows what's up.

Ashhong

I guess some people are like, “Ah, I guess he’s got too much going on, he’s too big for the show.” What are you talking about? It’s, like, the best show on television, in my opinion, and I’m going and doing The Emoji Movie — and you can publish that because Sony knows we down to get motherf—ing paid globally.

lmao this guy has no filter. i love it

Erlich's final scene was not only lazy but fucking offensive. You're really going to have a main character for four seasons, whose main schtick is smoking pot, smoke some opium and then be bribed by Gavin into 5 years of imprisonment? This episode was going so well but I'm fucking pissed that that's how they decided to let him go. Yeah, let's have the stupid stoner maniac take a fucking opiate in his final scene. Sigh

First 20 minutes were great, last 10 minutes were just terrible. See you guys when season 5 starts :/

JABEE

9kLXjEY.jpg

KarmaCow

It has to be a self aware joke at this point, there is no way they didn't just reset back in everyway except for Erlich not being there otherwise. It's insane. Why would they have a scene dedicated to Gavin outright saying that he will be the antagonist again and Richard saying he's going back to Laurie Bream? They couldn't even entertain the idea that something might be different next season.

It's always darkest before the dawn- Pied Piper stays afloat again somehow.

I liked Gavin getting his revenge on Jack and taking his spot back.

Hopefully next season they will be out of the Incubator house at least.

Feel bad about insurance guy who Richard smashed his fiance. At least he found out before the wedding, but that's three times Piped Piper has screwed him.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
A pretty weak season in general. Everyone seemed a bit Flanderized.

It went from being one of those fresh semi-real world comedy dramas to something that's definitely.... just a mere sitcom, with high levels of unreality.

I'm still watching, though.

Bitanator

Yeah, he should burned to death would have been a better exit than what they did for him. I hope it ends next season or it will overstay it's welcome and i'd hate for it to

Cracked up at the Gilfoyle cat eyes and him saying "fuck" when it was brought up Anton died like jesus lol.

Richard was such an unlikable douche in that final scene with Gavin.

barik

Man I guess TJ Miller really doesn't like Alec Berg.

Finale was fine, I guess. The fridge thing was pretty stupid, but I did like the Breaking Bad-style blurring of lines. Also Richard's "little hottie" line was just so goddamn awful, unexpected and hilarious, I might have woken up my roommates with my exploding laughter.

Blastoise

Banned
It really lost all the momentum in the last few episode.

I don't know how many season this show has left. Kinda getting sick of them always resetting.

Sir Doom

Well at least Erlich didn't die. There's still a slim chance he could guest

But the series really needs move on. Unless the series is like Seinfeld/ sitcom

Shaneus

TJ Miller is a dick and bailing on the show is going to backfire on him, though the show should probably have already ended anyway so whatever. They ran out of ideas in Season 1 and ever since then have just recycled the same formula over and over again.
He didn't bail. He found that he was no longer on the show when he read the finale script.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
TJ Miller is a dick and bailing on the show is going to backfire on him, though the show should probably have already ended anyway so whatever. They ran out of ideas in Season 1 and ever since then have just recycled the same formula over and over again.
Not seeing where's he's a dick. And leaving the show is his perpgative 🤷🏾*♂️ Sounds like there was a lot of differing opinions on the production side and that led to a lot of locking of horns. Probably a pretty toxic working environment. We'll never know the full story for real most likely.

TTOOLL

Holy shit, what an interview! It's pretty clear he got tired of the show and people who worked with him. I can feel nothing but irony when he talks about Thomas Middledicht, interesting.

I also thought Erlich's finale was bad and kinda disrespectful. Could it be a fuck you to Miller??

Dosia

Playing Erlich is really the only time Miller makes me laugh. He comes off as annoying to me in the interviews I have seen him in, and he wasnt very funny in the 3 movies I saw him in (deadpool, the christmas party one and the movie with middleditch where they go to mexico).

Vyer

Miller doesn't come off well in that THR interview. Really shows some glimpses of how difficult he may be to work with.

Dereck

In the Larry David interview it seemed like Miller was trying to cover up what actually happened.

So if that was the case, why do more interviews and not stick to the same story, or why do interviews about it at all?

btrboyev

Not seeing where's he's a dick. And leaving the show is his perpgative 🤷🏾*♂️ Sounds like there was a lot of differing opinions on the production side and that led to a lot of locking of horns. Probably a pretty toxic working environment. We'll never know the full story for real most likely.

He is straight saying he hates one of the writers/producers.

ryan299

Thought it was a weak season. You can only tolerate these characters being idiots for so long before the show becomes stale. It really is a one note show and they're going to need to reinvent themselves a bit.

Veep has the same issues. They tried to fix it this season but I don't think it's been successful.

I also want to be the voiceover of How to Train Your Dragon theme parks. I’m doing a lot as a public servant and jester to the American public. As Kristen Stewart always says, “It’s worldwide. It’s worldwide.”

I want to get this tattooed on my face.

This TJ Miller interview is like those funny arrogant Nic Pizzolatto quotes, except not fake. I mean this is gold, what is wrong with this dude:

Because they had to move the production schedule around. That’s how heavy-duty my schedule is. Even the most successful comedy next to Veep on HBO was like this thing that I had to … I’m doing stand-up and I come back and I didn’t sleep at all. I was incredibly busy. People joke about it but I’m the hardest-working man in show business, maybe. So they were like, “Let’s make this easier for both of us.” And I was like, “I think this is an amazing opportunity.”

So that all interested me and most of all it made me laugh really hard. That was the impetus behind walking. That’s sort of the impetus behind everything I do, it just makes me laugh. It’s not about money, it’s not about any of that stuff. It’s certainly not about fame, which is destructing my relationships with my family. It’s about things that are interesting and funny. That’s what we need right now in a post-religious, post-meaning society.

And although that makes for a terrible time at the airport because everybody high-fives me, grabbing your ass on the way to your f—ing plane to Omaha, Nebraska, to do standup comedy — these people want to know, “Do you really want to walk from what many would say is the cushiest situation in television? The platinum age of television.” And I said, “Yeah, I think that would be really interesting.”

I’m me, the guy that thinks all of this is sort of ridiculous. It was a joke. Leaving was a joke that I thought would be a good joke because the show would grow and change. It seemed like a funny trick to play on everyone. It’s just like, what if Kramer [Michael Richards] left in the middle of Seinfeld’s height? And also what if that guy never said the n-word on a stage? What if that was the end of this character? I just thought that would be really fascinating.

barik

I like TJ Miller, but I don't think he has the talent to excuse this kind of arrogance. This is the kind of arrogance you'd expect from a Donald Glover or a Chris Pratt, and him bragging about leaving this show and then mentioning the Emoji Movie in the same sentence is just pure fucking insanity.

Top Bottom