• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 2 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
nZe0VdI.jpg

Season 2 of Silicon Valley, a Mike Judge comedy, premieres on Sunday, April 12th at 10pm on HBO. The show takes a look at startup culture in Silicon Valley and has drawn comparisons to Office Space and Party Down from critics. The first season was very funny once it hit stride after a few episodes. The second season will consist of 10 episodes.

HBO said:
In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. Mike Judge (“Office Space,” “Beavis & Butthead,” “King of the Hill”) brings his irreverent brand of humor to HBO in the new comedy series SILICON VALLEY. Partially inspired by Judge’s own experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the late ‘80s, the show kicks off its eight-episode season this April.

Cast:
Thomas Middleditch as Thomas
T. J. Miller as Erlich
Zach Woods as Jared Dunn
Kumail Nanjiani as Dinesh
Martin Starr as Gilfoyle
Amanda Crew as Monica
Josh Brener as Nelson "Big Head" Bighetti
Jimmy O. Yang as Jian Yang
Suzanne Cryer as Laurie Bream​

xwyolXG.jpg

Videos:
hij02At.jpg

Links:
- HBO
- Wikipedia
- IMDB

Articles:
8P9wz8L.gif

i7xzOZg.gif

Also, note that Twitch is going to stream the premiere early on Wednesday, April 8th if you’d like to watch it then. Please be sure to spoiler tag discussion if you do before the episode airs on HBO Sunday night. Thanks and enjoy!

Busty

Banned
Do we know how many episodes are in this season? I believe it was eight in the first so is it eight again or could we see a 10 to 12 ep season?

Nice OT thread OP.

Do we know how many episodes are in this season? I believe it was eight in the first so is it eight again or could we see a 10 to 12 ep season?
It's 10.
Season 2 of Silicon Valley, a Mike Judge comedy, premieres on Sunday, April 12th at 10pm on HBO. The show takes a look at startup culture in Silicon Valley and has drawn comparisons to Office Space and Party Down from critics. The first season was very funny once it hit stride after a few episodes. The second season will consist of 10 episodes.

Mr. F

Banned
First few eps of season 1 didn't really grab me but in recent weeks I've started following Thomas Middleditch's work and the dude is hilarious to me. Going to give it another shot.

First few eps of season 1 didn't really grab me but in recent weeks I've started following Thomas Middleditch's work and the dude is hilarious to me. Going to give it another shot.
It takes a little while to get rolling. The back end of the season is really funny.

Trouble

Banned
I should have mentioned earlier I am fully on board the hype train. I really hope they can maintain the momentum that the show gained over the first season. It just kept getting better and better until the finale was just soooo damn good.

DapperGlitteringAustralianfreshwatercrocodile.gif

Also, a bit unrelated but T.J. Miller did an amazing stand up routine about the time he almost died from a crazy genetic brain malformation he had. It literally changed his personality while he was filming that Yogi Bear moving before nearly killing him. They had to remove part of his brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf9N5AWprG8

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
After a couple week's reprieve, Sundays are once again packed to the gills - Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley. Whee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom