• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

8PqiGtf.jpg

Silicon Valley is an American television sitcom created by Mike Judge, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky. The series focuses on five young men who found a startup company in Silicon Valley. The ten-episode fourth season will premiere on April 23, 2017, on HBO.

HBO said:
In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. Mike Judge (Office Space, Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill) brings his irreverent brand of humor, and his own experiences working in Silicon Valley, to the award-winning comedy now entering its fourth season.

xwyolXG.jpg

Videos:
Articles
Reviews:
Links:
Poster:

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Gave up on this halfway through Season 3. The whole "good thing happens just kidding things get worse" formula got old.

It was always funny I just got sick of the same thing happening every time.

Zyae

Gave up on this halfway through Season 3. The whole "good thing happens just kidding things get worse" formula got old.

Everyone says this but if you go by episode to episode its really not true.

Whooter

Caught the first two eps of Season 4 at the Alamo last night.

Interesting things happening, will be fun to see how it all plays out...

Russ is still my favorite person on the show, I think...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I'll watch cause I find it hilarious.

That being said the story itself being kinda middling is what keeps it from being top tier.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty much... I finished the season and will watch Season 4, but the formula did get really tiring.

- THR: 'Silicon Valley' Showrunner Mike Judge: "We're Going to Break the Rules This Season"
Although he didn’t divulge many details on the upcoming season of the hit show, which follows a group of programmers, developers and entrepreneurs trying to break through in the eponymous tech world of Silicon Valley, Judge did say the characters “make some strides.” That doesn’t mean they’ll necessarily succeed in their endeavors, however.

“If they suddenly succeed and they’re all billionaires, you might not care about them as much,” the showrunner explained, adding, “If they’re complaining about something you might just go, ‘Oh, you’re a billionaire, stop complaining.’ But at the same time we can’t keep kicking them down every episode.”

rashbeep

Banned

Agreed.

I finished s3 but it was out of faint hope that things would get better. Really poor overall.

rec0ded1

So glad that I won't have to listen to "My friends say I'm a TOTAL Gilfoyle...I'm Like totally Gilfoyle...omg everyone says I'm Gilfoyle" every monday thanks to working somewhere else this season.

I only watched the first season. Loved TJ Miller, didn't like anyone else. Worth catching up or nah?

There's still quite a lot of TJ Miller along with some new characters that do keep things fresh. It's also consistently pretty funny so I say catch up but it's up to you.

- Warming Glow: Mike Judge Promises A Big Change For ‘Silicon Valley’s’ New Season (group interview)
Zach Woods, who plays Jared, readily admitted that there’s some “definite overlap” between him and his character. “I spent hundreds of dollars a year on scented candles,” said Woods, “which is something I feel like Jared would do if it weren’t so extravagant. There’s parts of me that are sort of like a mild 60-year-old woman.”

Later, during a Q&A with the audience, Woods talked about the first time he met Miller, who came to his trailer, which was filled with scented candles, while he sat on a yoga mat reading a journal of reassuring quotes, all set to the music of the Indigo Girls.

The similarities between the actors and their fictional counterparts is no accident, as Judge described the symbiotic relationship the cast has with the show’s writers. “You’ll get better performances, I think, if the actors feel comfortable, and if they think something they can just spew it out. There’s this feedback loop, [where] one of the actors will try something, and it’s good, and we kind of write to that.”

Granted, this can be a gradual process. Judge explained that Woods had thrown out several lines of dialogue during the first season that didn’t make it into the show until the third, though the actor never sees those jokes end up on the screen. “[He] doesn’t watch the show,” Judge told to the audience, which, honestly, does seem to reinforce Woods’ self-described similarity to a mild 60-year-old woman.

Top Bottom