• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
My favorite bit from the episode.
TolcS41.jpg

RaHztgA.jpg

8kH0xzN.jpg

JrcnvM5.jpg

FaLBUJZ.jpg

yZitvOS.jpg

9mMDy5Q.jpg

OTcCxbz.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought the premiere was just alright. Only two real laugh out loud moments for me: the robot deer and Erlich's explanation for forking. Both were very funny though.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought the premiere was just alright. Only two real laugh out loud moments for me: the robot deer and Erlich's explanation for forking. Both were very funny though.

You didn't get a laugh at:

Old man roasting

The joke payoff from Erlich being the only one pronouncing "Aviato" correctly for two seasons, and then meeting someone who finally does it as well

Gavin quitting fakeout

"So you're saying one in five Hooli employees deserve to be fired?" -> "I'm sorry what" -> then he's gone in the next scene with the four (formerly five) lawyers

"Um, that's 20 million"

"We live in a post-RIGBY world"

Gilfoyle and Dinesh talking shit to Richard, and then realizing later that they're fucked without him

???

Those were all great moments, IMO.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You didn't get a laugh at:

Old man roasting

The joke payoff from Erlich being the only one pronouncing "Aviato" correctly for two seasons, and then meeting someone who finally does it as well

Gavin quitting fakeout

"So you're saying one in five Hooli employees deserve to be fired?" -> "I'm sorry what" -> then he's gone in the next scene with the four (formerly five) lawyers

"Um, that's 20 million"

"We live in a post-RIGBY world"

Gilfoyle and Dinesh talking shit to Richard, and then realizing later that they're fucked without him

???

Those were all great moments, IMO.

I was amused with some of those, but a few were also too easy like the one with the lawyer.

Alpende

Quite liked the episode. Erlich and Action Jack going at each other with Aviato was pretty funny, as was the robot deer in the beginning. I feel like Jack is playing Richie and when he gets the CEO job he'll show his true face.

"You mean like the shit deal you brought me from Hanneman which I TOLD you was a shit deal, but you wanted to do something crazy for once in your life? You basically loaded a gun; gave it to Hanneman. Hanneman then sold that gun to Raviga and Raviga just fucking pistol whipped you..."

Holy fuck this show is amazing...

Catdaddy

Gawd I love this show...
“Richard, I’m not asking you to spoon with the guy or even fork him"
"What's forking?"
"Forking is when you use your dick and your two lower legs to stab him in the torso.”

I died....

SyNapSe

"You mean like the shit deal you brought me from Hanneman which I TOLD you was a shit deal, but you wanted to do something crazy for once in your life? You basically loaded a gun; gave it to Hanneman. Hanneman then sold that gun to Raviga and Raviga just fucking pistol whipped you..."

Holy fuck this show is amazing...

I thought it was funny when Richard threatened to sue and the lawyer turned on him.

I thought it was a great first episode.

I thought it was funny when Richard threatened to sue and the lawyer turned on him.

I thought it was a great first episode.

"Technically, I'm Pied Piper's legal counsel. And since you just declared intent to walk, you're in effect suing me. And I don't respond well to threats Mr. Hendricks."

"Mr. Hendricks... What happened to Richie?"

"Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to discuss him either Mr. Hendricks..."

That whole exchange was great.

Really liked this episode. I forgot how much I like this show in general.

I think manipulation. I don't trust him. Seems like the dude will use Richard for as long as needs and then when he doesn't need to ....

Yeah, I think it was pretty blatant that he is just manipulating Richard. The scene with Erlich shows that he is the kind of dude that tells people what they want to hear to get them on their side.

CoolOff

I really hope Barker isn't a complete dick, but more in general just really good at knowing what PP actually needs at this point as a company and that then not mixing well with the 5 that are involved.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I really hope Barker isn't a complete dick, but more in general just really good at knowing what PP actually needs at this point as a company and that then not mixing well with the 5 that are involved.

This is what I'm hoping for, him not being another roadblock character. I don't see how Richard randomly becomes business savvy enough to lead Pied Piper.

Really liked this episode. I forgot how much I like this show in general.

Yeah, I think it was pretty blatant that he is just manipulating Richard. The scene with Erlich shows that he is the kind of dude that tells people what they want to hear to get them on their side.

I like to believe the guy was being genuine. He strikes me as someone who makes his living by bringing people together and getting the best out of them as a whole. He could be manipulating them, but he has multiple Billion dollar IPO sales under his belt and I don't think you get to that point by dicking people around.

I loved the end of the episode with Richard ending up at Barker's house, walking into the encounter having 0 respect for the guy and his accomplishments until he sees them with his own eyes. That mansion/vineyard/whatever the hell expensive as FUCK house did more talking than Barker.

I'm hoping Tobolowsky and the Barker character will be the mentor we were robbed of when we lost Christopher Evan Welch and Peter Gregory, rest his soul.

This show could use some more good guys.

thenexus6

Super happy this is back, I think its going to be a great season.

Still, this character just irks me. The way she speaks / her mannerisms (I know thats the point but still)

siliconvalley3.jpg

Sunster

was worried early in the episode it would be a, gang finds their way back to each other season. happy that's not the case.

Ecto311

Super happy this is back, I think its going to be a great season.

Still, this character just irks me. The way she speaks / her mannerisms (I know thats the point but still)

siliconvalley3.jpg

Same here - she feels like a quick fill in for the other guy that passed away and just copies him but as a lady. Not a fan of her but everyone else is great.

deli2000

Just watched the episode. Gavin's speech was hilariously cruel. Loved that bait and switch. I am so rooting Bighead to keep moving to the top.

SeanC

Same here - she feels like a quick fill in for the other guy that passed away and just copies him but as a lady. Not a fan of her but everyone else is great.

I'm getting this as well. It's not the characterization, though, because the show is full of off the wall personalities.

I think it's because it's the only actor in the show that I feel is trying really hard to act. Everyone else feels really natural, she feels like she's putting on a show so it sticks out.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This episode slayed, haha. Aviato joke, Gavin's speeh, Gilfoyle and Dinesh's banters, Jared trying to smoke, Bighead's $20 millions buyout... etc. My God this show is so good, hahaha

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
CEO isn't evil. He's going to be perfect. Kind, smart, successful, insightful, etc. - exactly what Pied Piper needs to scale.

And Bachman, Hendricks & co are going to do something to sabotage him or themselves to push him out :)

They're going to THINK he was being evil and scheming and get rid of him, only to discover he was being totally genuine after the fact, and they just lost a billion dollar opportunity.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Did no one watch the next episode preview? Seems clear to me
the new CEO is evil.

Company has $50 million in the bank dude. They have to spend that money on sales people and HR and product manager and project managers.

The old crew coming to terms with that will be the theme of the season. The plywood table in the living room is gone.

majik13

Everyone really likes Bighead? Probably my least favorite character on the show. Not sure if it's the actor or what.

Yeah agreed, surprised that people actually like that character. Seems very one dimensional (slow and stupid, and not portrayed in any realistic manner) only so far you can with that character.

I mean he is alright, but defenitly the least interesting/funny character on the show imo. Maybe a tie with Bream.

Glad its back though, great opener.

Calvero

Banned
Yeah agreed, surprised that people actually like that character. Seems very one dimensional (slow and stupid, and not portrayed in any realistic manner) only so far you can with that character.

I mean he is alright, but defenitly the least interesting/funny character on the show imo. Maybe a tie with Bream.

Glad its back though, great opener.

I definitely don't get the feeling he's slow and stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom