• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Singularity |OT| - Anyone? No?

ugh board drama... anyway

Playing with time is always fun so I'm looking forward to trying the game. Amazon's $20 credit is tempting, but maybe I'll just rent it. How long is it and how much "replay" is there? (certainly too early to be asking these questions)

My main question is how does the time stuff work? Is it like the lego games where its pretty obvious where you use your power, or is there a lot of freedom in how you apply the time stuff. In theory I should be able to age any walls in my way but I know it won't be that open

Also, in the trailers did anyone find "aging to death" a lot more disturbing then they thought they would. I mean while watching that I though "how much would that suck." You think time moves normal for those people? Like they can't move but 24 hours feels like 24 hours and they are basically stuck frozen still for 60 years? Would you get hungry or thirsty and die that way first or would you have to live until old age? Fuck, being frozen for 60 years has to be up there in the worst ways to die :/

Can you go non-lethal in this game? In the trailer they were just stopping enemies with time "bubbles", so it seems like that could be a tranq equivilant (but in the trailer they then shoot anyone frozen in the face)

I'll be picking this up post-haste, I thought Raven did a great job with Wolfenstein and I've been looking forward to this ever since I played that.

Luigiv

S1kkZ said:
come on mods, dont make this the ot.
Why not? This is the best OT ever :lol.

In all seriousness I'm sure once someone puts up the real OT the mods will lock this one.

After looking on Youtube this looks quite cool. I'll pick it up when it inevitably drops in price.

It's quite shameful that I'd never really heard about it before. I know the name, but that's it.

Zenith

Banned
GitarooMan said:
Lol at the drama, as if it's so hard to produce a cell phone pic or gamertag with the info.

to be fair, I don't have a digital camera or a mobile that can transfer pics to PC.

A buddy of mine got the game early, he beat the game already and said it is definitely worth picking it up, he said he loved it.

MMaRsu

Banned
Naeblish said:
In part 2: "saving content. Do not turn off your system." Since when do pc games have this line. I think it has saved before i can hold the power button for 5 seconds :lol .

Typical Activision lazyness port.

I'll pick this up somewhere cheap down the road.

DaBuddaDa

MMaRsu said:
Typical Activision lazyness port.

Oh come on. Some people are just looking to bash Activision wherever possible.

No, you're wrong. I play almost every game that's multiplat on PC, and that wording is there in every single game that autosaves, Activision or not. The most recent one I've noticed is GTA IV.

MMaRsu

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
Oh come on. Some people are just looking to bash Activision wherever possible.

No, you're wrong. I play almost every game that's multiplat on PC, and that wording is there in every single game that autosaves, Activision or not. The most recent one I've noticed is GTA IV.

Hmm well ok maybe I am wrong since I hardly play pc games anymore..

But still, Activision sucks for not even putting out any marketing behind this at all. Raven used to be a great team ( and still are ) but they hardly get any recognition from them.

MMaRsu said:
Hmm well ok maybe I am wrong since I hardly play pc games anymore..

But still, Activision sucks for not even putting out any marketing behind this at all. Raven used to be a great team ( and still are ) but they hardly get any recognition from them.

i really like raven and agree they are very under rated...heck their wolverine game was actually much better than the movie!

K' Dash

Naeblish said:
In part 2: "saving content. Do not turn off your system." Since when do pc games have this line. I think it has saved before i can hold the power button for 5 seconds :lol .

Should it say "Saving content. Do not pull the plug"?

Nif

The game looked interesting, and I've been wanting a quality/atmospheric sci-fi FPS with good graphics recently. Bad OT, though. :\

I was considering picking this up but I was going to wait for some reviews. Singularity has some good things going for it though:

-I like Raven
-It has something different (the time warp on your hand thingy)
-It comes with Free Prototype (which I havent played)
-comes with $20 GC at Amazon

I may just bite, I may regret it 3 days later, but oh well

wow, this came out?

I remember looking forward to this at E3 2009, then looking forward to playing it in November. Heard it was delayed and I guess that was until now. I'm still slightly interested but I'm not starved for good games right now. Like Wolfenstein, it is something I may pick up in the future in a steam sale or anything because why not.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this the game that was supposed to involve time rewinding mechanics where you could see events from the past in real time etc etc or am I thinking of something else ?

legbone

i am thinking of picking this up. i am a huge fan of the guys at raven and would like to support them. however i am pretty broke right now so i am in the process of deciding between this and transformers (no recommendations please i like to decide on my own). wish there was a demo of the single player for this and transformers. oh well. my love for transformers as a youth will probably win out but getting two games for the price of one is pretty damn tempting.

edit: yes this is the one chandoog.

RS4-

chandoog said:
Is this the game that was supposed to involve time rewinding mechanics where you could see events from the past in real time etc etc or am I thinking of something else ?

You have no control over those, those are just set pieces.

Finished it on PS3, have yet to play 360 version to find any differences. I do have to say that the time stop bubble thing makes the game a cakewalk.

sflufan

Banned
After the retail disaster that was last year's Wolfenstein and the seemingly non-existent reception for this one, I'm not sure that Raven is long for this world.

sflufan said:
After the retail disaster that was last year's Wolfenstein and the seemingly non-existent reception for this one, I'm not sure that Raven is long for this world.

No, it's just Activision has other plans for them...

Square Triangle said:
Meh, looks like another FPS that will go the way of Timeshift, Turning Point, generic shooter 3, generic shooter 4, etc.
Hey Timeshift and Turning Point don't belong in the same sentence, one is good, the other is crap.

sflufan said:

What's their relationship with Activision? Cause I'd want to get the hell out of it.

FLEABttn

Banned
After seeing the $20 thing at amazon, I decided to go for it. PS3 version.

I'd hate to be Raven cause it really seems like Activision hates them.

Erasus

EDIT:Seen that this was posted already ;_; Seems to be out in Sweden for 40bucks on PC, hmm

Swedish magazing Gamereactor gave this 9/10 and a "WE <3 YOU" badge that they give out to great games.
The guy reviewing it says its a great mix of HL2, Bioshock and Prey. He says he has been frustrated with the SP camaigns of recent shooters (BFBC2 and MW2 probably) and loves this one. The TMD glove is as good as the gravity gun from HL2 as it gives you so many options.

Pros
Wonderful enviroments
Smart enemies
Fun weapons (mainly the seeker)
Varying levels
Nice time mechanic
Cool Bosses
Well-written story

Cons
Boring introduction
Very linear

http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/23173/Singularity/

Personally I trust this guy and if he says its almost like HL2 then is HAS to be good!

Watched some videos and I´ll be picking this up on PC/PS3 when it goes on sale.

Dyno

I must feed on the so-called "B-rated" shooters to survive and I've been starving as of late. Wolfenstein had some great moments so I'll get this. From the sounds of it we might have a sleeper on our hand!

S1kkZ

played it 3 hours today (which already says something) and i like it. great controls, nice pacing, lots of stuff taken from bioshock (and many other games like fear, half-life 2 and so on).

it would go so far and say that this could have been the bioshock sequel everybody wanted, if activision had put more time/money into the title. i have more fun with this than i had with bioshock 2.

K' Dash

S1kkZ said:
it would go so far and say that this could have been the bioshock sequel everybody wanted, if activision had put more time/money into the title.

wow wow let's not get crazy here... the game looks good, but better than Bioshock 2? no... just no.

Xater

Saw the game when I went out to buy Demon's Souls. After the last few Raven games I am not touching this game.

Top Bottom