• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore |OT| Launch Party (2012-still going)

Whenever I get a PS4, this will be among my first purchases. 'Love me some Skullgirls, and this new version adds a lot of the non-gameplay features that I've been wanting.

'Until a PS4 comes into my possession, I'll be sticking to the PC version.

GGs Disco, if I keep going I'm probably getting kicked off the console lol

We both were rusty but at least it was nice there were still SOME fundamentals there lol

Subaru

Hey DiscoShark, thanks for the battles!

Sorry about the lag, but since I'm in Brazil, it was actually pretty good at first (then the suttering became more agressive).

You nailed it, but I can't even be mad because today was my first time playing Skullgirls, I've finished Arcade mode once and played some battles with a random guy.

I loved the game, I can't wait it to play more.

Let's try another day, who knows the lag can be better? ;-)

But now I have to go to sleep, because I have to wake up 7h40 AM (it's 3h40 here now).

Thanks!

Ravidrath

Launch trailer is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX5Qc3D7yJU

EU release date is the 22nd. I can never understand why they don't do a world wide release when its digital.

Sony requires you to submit your code separately to every region, and they all will probably find different bugs, and have different procedures to get your game into the store. SCEE is just slower, largely because they're understaffed compared to the US office.

We tried for simultaneous, but SCEE couldn't accomodate it.

And as much as we love our EU fans, Skullgirls hardly sold there compared to the US and even Japanese releases. It's hard to justify delaying for simultaneity because of that.

delaneya

Launch trailer is up!

Sony requires you to submit your code separately to every region, and they all will probably find different bugs, and have different procedures to get your game into the store. SCEE is just slower, largely because they're understaffed compared to the US office.

And as much as we love our EU fans, Skullgirls hardly sold there compared to the US and even Japanese releases. It's hard to justify delaying for simultaneity because of that.

Thanks for clearing that up. I will wait a few more weeks before I get my hands on this gem.

Memory

Launch trailer is up!

I'd say that's because most of us in EU have US accounts and tend to buy there due to the price difference and early release dates.

Great job on the game btw, im eager to get my hands on this but I don't mind waiting for the UK release if it helps you guys out more.

Moraizen

Launch trailer is up!

Ravidrath, about the European release, can you tell us about how getting the theme works? I know that PS Plus members get it, but what about everyone else?

Piccoro

Oh wow, that's disheartening to know.
As a Skullgirls European fan, I am kind of ashamed... :/

thelastword

Banned
I have this on PS3, loved the art-style, combos and tutorial, so I bought it here. Didn't play for too long on PS3, so I'll put it through it's paces on PS4, the platinum will surely help me play a bit longer ;). I love what the devs stand for, their work ethic, so I'm definitely going to support them, it's also a no brainer since I love fighting games. I also heard some good things about SG's netcode, so that's another plus.

It should be around the time steam usually updates, in less than an hour.

Hmm, yeah that sounds right but, usually every time a new character unlocks it becomes a chore to find the page and such. Hopefully it's easy this time around. I can play the beta for the time being I guess.

Raitaro

Great to see this new enhanced version become a reality! This game is (still) worth it for the art and presentation alone imo. I'll pick it up again in a few weeks here in Europe.

I know Lab Zero might be glad to be able to move on from Skullgirls after this release and the bumpy road they had to take to get there, but I for one do hope they will consider adding Ajna from their upcoming Indivisible to the game later to help promote it. I think she might be an excellent fit even. Heck, they could even consider adding a Skullgirl to Indivisible for some added cross-promotion!

BRmcUAX.jpg

I'd also still like to see my second choice after Beowulf, Annie, added as well still...

Mesoian

Yeah, I'll get some games in tonight. PSN: Mesoian.

I need to practice for EVO anyway. My Eliza is not foolproof yet.

Top Bottom