• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Gears of War Judgement has leaked to the web...

What a boring game to leak, a prequel to a series where they aren't even covering a more interesting time in the game's universe.

Let me guess, Baird and Cole fight locust, soldiers die, and Baird/Cole become brotherly in the process.

Perhaps you should try books or movies. I certainly wouldn't recommend playing games for their stories.

MormaPope

Banned
Perhaps you should try books or movies. I certainly wouldn't recommend playing games for their stories.

Oh right, because Gears hasn't gotten stale in the gameplay department at all?

My point was why leak a game where we already know what we're gonna get, and the story will be as boring as ever.

My point was why leak a game where we already know what we're gonna get, and the story will be as boring as ever.

Because: Piracy. Everything leaks. And usually earlier if it's a big name game.

I doubt pirates are sitting around like you are, debating whether they should leak the game because of the story and/or potentially stale gameplay. Although they're probably in a better place to make that call than you, given that they've actually played the game.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN

So, you don't like any prequels then?

Do you know the ring in The Hobbit gets destroyed by Bilbo's nephew, right?

MormaPope

Banned
Because: Piracy. Everything leaks. And usually earlier if it's a big name game.

I doubt pirates are sitting around like you are, debating whether they should leak the game because of the story and/or potentially stale gameplay. Although they're probably in a better place to make that call than you, given that they've actually played the game.

Damn, I struck the wrong chord with my assertions. I have no clue on how I could even make those assertions, even with gameplay videos for both multiplayer and single player being uploaded. I guess those videos were ploys to fool people into thinking this is just a quick buck sequel to Gears.

SuperÑ;47914544 said:
So, you don't like any prequels then?

Do you know the ring in The Hobbit gets destroyed by Bilbo's nephew, right?

I want a prequel to take place during the Pendulum wars, not during early Locust invasion.

I remember my friend had Street Fighter IV a month before it came out. That shit burned me up. When it finally came out I still mopped the floor with him.

I didn't know Judgement was coming out on PC.

It isn't.

Playable versions of unreleased console games are leaked early than PC versions, probably due to there being no 'always online' DRM (aka Steam) on consoles. People could just grab the disc after it has been pressed, rip the contents, and put it on the internet.

SuperÑ;47913720 said:
Can we expect it to hit the stores before the 22nd of March?

I find very annoying having to wait more than a month to purchase it when other people are playing right now.

Well, if you got the guts you can try to see if you a xbox live ban is worth it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not at all interested in this game. Gears 3 was utter shit, and seeing how this game isn't even made by the same people doesn't inspire hope.

Really? I didn't know it was a different dev. Then again I didn't know it was coming out so soon. In fact, I know almost nothing of this game... despite owning the first three. >_> I agree that GoW3 was bad, though. Horde and Beast modes were cool, but not worth paying for XBLG, and the campaign was pretty awful even in couch coop.

monome

Judgment is nothing more than a reason to keep bros subscribing to Live as 360 ends its cycle.

that said I like Gears 3 story DLC, and although I like the series, I wouldn't mind if Judgement is its swan song. It will fill some time before summer comes and then I'd rather be outside than play some games.

Definitely more interested in a hack/slash Infinity Sword game for PS720 or another TPS IP from Epic.

The_Monk

Well that's early indeed, has it happened before?

Either way I won't be getting this one. Got Gear 3 and it was fun but I guess I'm done with games for the 360.
I still need to finish the awesome Lost Odyssey!

So, I played Gears 1 and 2, then fell asleep at the oil part in 3 while my girlfriend was playing. Do I need to play the stuff I missed to play this one?

TheMan

so is it any good? i mean i know that no one here would dream of pirating a game, but i'm sure some of you have friends who have played it already

TUROK

I loved Gears 1 and 2, and liked 3 a lot, but I can't get interested in this at all.

It honestly seems like more of the same old shit, and Gears 3 hasn't even reached 2 years on the market. Feels like it's coming out way too soon.

pelican

I've not been paying much attention, but is there any real anticipation for another Gears?

I'm kinda over it. As is Cliff so it seems with him leaving Epic.

Truant

Loved the first Gears. Felt fresh. Cooled on it after the sequels hit. Can't say I'm excited for this, and it sucks that PCF have to waste their time and talent on such a passé franchise.

smik

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!

Watching a MP stream atm, and he is going through the maps & modes.

OMG.

There is only 4.... Yes 4 MP maps for TDM/DOM/FFA in total.

SMH

Conor 419

Banned
does anybody even care about this game? serious question.

It would seem not, quite remarkable how much damage incompetent Microsoft have managed to commit to the strongest exclusive IP's on the 360, within only a matter of years. Viva Pináta and Forza are the only well managed, quality IP they have left.

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!

Watching a stream atm, omg.

There is only 4.... Yes 4 MP maps for TDM/DOM in total.

SMH
Really? Wow. I may just buy Dead Space 3 or Crysis instead. All they had to do was copy Gears 3 multiplayer, have an entertaining campaign, add free for all and new maps. But now as I'm watching mp videos on YouTube, it looks like a piece of shit third person cod. Who's genius idea was it too take downing enemies out of the game? Is there even execution in the game?

Loved the first Gears. Felt fresh. Cooled on it after the sequels hit. Can't say I'm excited for this, and it sucks that PCF have to waste their time and talent on such a passé franchise.

Too bad nobody bought Bulletstorm. I'd take a PCF Gears game than no PCF game at all.

The Gears title screen song came on Pandora last night and I thought about how no one is paying attention to this game. It might be the sleeper hit with everybody, and People Can Fly get their due for the awesome Bulletstorm.

Haven't been paying attention to this game at all. Does this have a proper single/co op campaign? for some reason i thought this was only multiplayer.

derFeef

It would seem not, quite remarkable how much damage incompetent Microsoft have managed to commit to the strongest exclusive IP's on the 360, within only a matter of years. Viva Pináta and Forza are the only well managed, quality IP they have left.

you love this phrase do you.
I am somewhat looking forward to it, the dynamic combat spawns sounds cool.

I want to play this one, Loved the previous gears and the Co-op is just awesome.

Hopefully there is some sort of horde mode again, man that was fun.

smik

Really? Wow. I may just buy Dead Space 3 or Crysis instead. All they had to do was copy Gears 3 multiplayer, have an entertaining campaign, add free for all and new maps. But now as I'm watching mp videos on YouTube, it looks like a piece of shit third person cod. Who's genius idea was it too take downing enemies out of the game? Is there even execution in the game?

Yep, people in the stream were pretty pissed off

4 maps just wont cut it

i think even Horde/Overun fans are going to be upset as well with the low map count, but for FFA/TDM/DOM to only have 4 maps is just ridiculous. GOWJ MP will be DOA soon after the first couple of weeks to months, it cant possible hold anyones attention from hardcore to casual fans, its way to thin.

EPIC... yeh, im at a lost for words now.

danmaku

What did Microsoft do to ruin the brand? honest question, last Gears I played was the first.

glaurung

Ten bucks says it was leaked by the fucking PR company to get at least some buzz going.

As far as it stands right now, my friends who are the most ardent Gears fans - even they did not know this game was going to be released any time soon. Yeah, this game is going to be released into dead water and it will sink like a leper's limb into a bog.

liquidfox00

Neo Member

4 maps just wont cut it

i think even Horde/Overun fans are going to be upset as well with the low map count, but for FFA/TDM/DOM to only have 4 maps is just ridiculous. GOWJ MP will be DOA soon after the first couple of weeks to months, it cant possible hold anyones attention from hardcore to casual fans, its way to thin.

Maybe there will be a code in the actual game box that will unlock all of the multiplayer for legit users? This could be an online pass type of deal.

4 maps just wont cut it

Gears 1 was the good ol days. Especially between Rounds. Playing on canals execution and Guaranteeing the opposing sniper that you'd shoot his head off the next round! No party chat and between round shit talking just added to how intense and competitive the multiplayer got. Didn't feel it in Gears 2 but Gears 3 gave me back those feels! Will prolly just continue playing Gears 3 instead of Giving Judgment a chance, until a proper Next gen Gears is released.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This is what happens when a game goes gold a good month or more before release. Happened with Resident Evil 6 and I'm sure alot more in the past.

Top Bottom