• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Gears of War Judgement has leaked to the web...

Dabanton

The hilarious thing is this game will probably sell obscenely well and gaffers will be like 'so people are still into Gears.'

Addnan

Gears multiplayer was all I played for years, but this game I just don't care for it. The multiplayer just doesn't look like something I would enjoy anymore :/

Is execution out? Last time I checked there were only a few game modes.

2San

What did they do? I haven't followed Gears news after i ragequitted from 3.
GOWJ is such a slap in the face to all GOW fans who loved the multiplayer, seriously.

No Locust (its now Red vs Blue humans?)
No DBNO (Down but not out)
No Execution or Warzone MP Modes
Class based MP, all designed around Call of Duty style maps with players falling off building ledges, its also going to be heavily rifle dominated.
*Edit* No Gnasher and Lancer Loadout combination as their both primarys, secondary switches to pistol. *
*Edit* No Curb Stomp and all Execution moves now taken out of the MP *

way more to list, really disappointed as GOW3 was amazing and taking the MP in the right direction .

Only 2 primary weapon slots(gears1/2/3 has 2 Primary slots and a sub weapon slot), can't spawn with Gnasher and the lancer(at same time).
Using primary weapon with meat/boom shield.

:(

TheOddOne

Microsoft 'working to address' Gears of War Judgment leak
Microsoft is working to address a Gears of War Judgment leak after versions of the upcoming game were today uploaded to popular torrent sites.

A representative for the platform holder told us this morning: "We are aware of isolated cases in which Gears of War: Judgment content has been propped on the Web and are working closely with our security teams and law enforcement to address the situation immediately.
"Consumers should be aware that piracy is illegal and we take vigorous action against illegal activity related to our products and services. Playing pirated copies of games, such as Gears of War: Judgment, is a violation of the Xbox Live Terms of Use and will result in enforcement action, such as account and console bans."

Moofers

you nuts? it's mad reassuring. It means people actually DO get tired of infinite sequels

faith in games restored

Haven't been to a Nintendo thread lately, eh? And as long as the sequels are good, why should they stop making them? Every Gears game so far has been better than the one before it. I see no reason for them to stop as long as this is the case.

I've hardly heard anything about this game outside of gaf, actually none at all for what I can remember.

After the lackluster story of gears 3 i'm in no way excited for this even though it's a prequel, not enough has been explained about it apart from knowing that the multi allows you to play as a set class now, which is not exciting to me.

The lack of hype surrounding this game is disturbing. I like Gears but I'm not sure I will bother with Judgment.

Its the spin off from a series that should be ending. Not to say it was bad; but its had its time.
Am not sure what there is to be hyped about; its looking like a poor effort to lengthen the franchise; maybe if we got something new I'd be more interested.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
... and no one even cares.

Curious to see how this games will do sales-wise. I won't be even buying it at release. That the first for this series.

smik

To those saying there will be more maps with the limited edition to GOWJ, stop right there https://ebgames.com.au/xbox360-154295-Gears-of-War-Judgment-EB-Games-Special-Edition-Xbox-360 no such thing will be included.

Also for those wandering

characters in mp will soon run around in ridiculous rainbow colored outfits totally ruining the characters and overall atmosphere of the game, the colors in the stream where pretty bright and bad looking, one colour looked like a clown outfit. -shudders-

So bummed on the maps, have no interest in playing overun.

It's another gears of war, what's there to hype?

Each of the Gears of War games in the trilogy were mega hyped up. This one isn't getting hyped because no one gives a shit about Baird and Cole, which were originally 4 player co-op filler, and there's only 4 MP maps. What is there to be excited about?

To those saying there will be more maps with the limited edition to GOWJ, stop right there https://ebgames.com.au/xbox360-154295-Gears-of-War-Judgment-EB-Games-Special-Edition-Xbox-360 no such thing will be included.

Also for those wandering

characters in mp will soon run around in ridiculous rainbow colored outfits totally ruining the characters and overall atmosphere of the game, the colors in the stream where pretty bright and bad looking, one colour looked like a clown outfit. -shudders-

Gears 2 came with a code to download the flashback maps when it came out, and I believe Gears 3 also had downloadable maps available day 1. I am guessing that the same thing will happen with this. No way are they only going to have 4 maps, the mp would be totally dead in just a few weeks if that was the case.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not at all interested in this game. Gears 3 was utter shit, and seeing how this game isn't even made by the same people doesn't inspire hope.
Utter shit? Well god damn, I'm always stunned when I read such strong opinions that differ so heavily from my own. Even if you didn't enjoy the game all that much there's enough quality there that labeling it "utter shit" just seems silly. :\

EagleEyes

Utter shit? Well god damn, I'm always stunned when I read such strong opinions that differ so heavily from my own. Even if you didn't enjoy the game all that much there's enough quality there that labeling it "utter shit" just seems silly. :\
Does this kind of behavior really shock you on an internet forum? The game has sold millions of copies and averaged above 90 on metacritic. Those are the only 2 things that can be taken as facts on the internet. Lots of people share your opinion but don't have look to the internet to get attention.

Mupod

I don't care about the versus multiplayer at all, but waiting a bit on impressions before I get it for the SP/co-op. I loved Bulletstorm so I'm still optimistic, I just have lots of other games right now.

sflufan

Banned
It isn't.

Playable versions of unreleased console games are leaked early than PC versions, probably due to there being no 'always online' DRM (aka Steam) on consoles. People could just grab the disc after it has been pressed, rip the contents, and put it on the internet.

Awwww you ruined the joke :p

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I'm a huge gears fan, I've been recruiting new team mates to play gears with and was hoping judgement would bring everyone together for an awesome time.

but from the sounds of it I'd be better off telling everyone to buy GoW3 for cheap :(

The new campaign elements sound awesome but 4 maps and shitty loadout options? Sounds horrendous.

Has any multiplayer footage been released? I need to watch some videos.

I'm a huge gears fan, I've been recruiting new team mates to play gears with and was hoping judgement would bring everyone together for an awesome time.

but from the sounds of it I'd be better off telling everyone to buy GoW3 for cheap :(

The new campaign elements sound awesome but 4 maps and shitty loadout options? Sounds horrendous.

I know there are tons of videos of the new overrun mode. Someone also posted a video explaining the new star system in the campaign, it looks like it will be great for co-op.

Moofers

Also for those wandering

C'mon dude, where are you finding this stream? I want to see Horde/Survival.

shinnn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2AT0Yv5Ps (edit: i've posted the single-player video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lcL-9N96Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u1nz_SR54M

Riposte

I think they are fucking over the series, but the reason it'll bomb or at least underperform is probably because they are not giving it the same treatment they did with Gears of War 3. Very quiet launch it looks like.

Haunted

I think they are fucking over the series, but the reason it'll bomb or at least underperform is probably because they are not giving it the same treatment they did with Gears of War 3. Very quiet launch it looks like.
Well, you know, it's a subtitled outsourced spinoff instead of a mainline numbered entry.

Conor 419

Banned
It's just hyperbole. He's been posting "incompetent Microsoft" whenever he can lately.

How?

The Halo IP has faced a lot of fan backlash due to the failures of Halo 4, judging by what I have seen in this thread, Gears is very soon to meet the same fate. Fans have already been disgruntled by the handling of DLC in Gears Tri, so busting out a new Gears game, within what is essentially a year, which is clearly rushed, is a terrible idea.

I am a huge fan of both of these IP's, but it is startlingly clear that incompetent Microsoft are incapable of managing them, and goddess will it catch up on them.

RoKKeR

It's not a good sign when your game is getting more publicity from a leak than from your marketing campaign.

I'd totally forgotten about this game, and with good reason it seems. Sounds bomba, and I loved Gears 3.

How?

The Halo IP has faced a lot of fan backlash due to the failures of Halo 4, judging by what I have seen in this thread, Gears is very soon to meet the same fate. Fans have already been disgruntled by the handling of DLC in Gears Tri, so busting out a new Gears game, within what is essentially a year, which is clearly rushed, is a terrible idea.

I am a huge fan of both of these IP's, but it is startlingly clear that incompetent Microsoft are incapable of managing them, and goddess will it catch up on them.

Gears 3 came out on September 20th 2011, that is going to be exactly 1.5 years by the time GoWJ comes out. They also delayed GoW3 for like 4 months to make it a holiday release, so it should have been almost 2 years between releases. I have no idea by what you mean when you say fans were disgruntled by the handling of DLC for GoW 3, unless you are talking about people having trouble downloading it with the season pass when it first came out. They also fixed that problem right away. This game not having the same hype as previous games has nothing to do with MS. It is a nonnumbered prequel made by a different dev. It is also coming out at the end of the gen, which has been waaaaay to long of a gen for most people. The hype will be back in full force for GoW4 once it gets announced.

Did MS forget to market this game? The last thing I remember seeing from it was the announcement trailer at E3. At least Sony is marketing GoW Ascension a bit.

Top Bottom