• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors - E3 Trailer + screens

Zomba13

Sciz said:
One week.

In other news, Sega released a cutscene to a few fansites.
I like Tails' voice but not Sonics. I liked how Sonic's voice was in Unleashed.

I can't wait for this though. First thing I'll do is rip it to my PC and see how it runs on dolphin. If it doesn't run well I'll play it through on the Wii, if it runs well I'll play it on dolphin in HD.

Doorman

The DS demo looked alright I guess, glad to see them continuing the proud tradition of forcing you to fly around and collect rings in a 3-D space with little frame of reference for where you are in relation to other objects. :p The music that comes up when he goes into rocket mode was kind of painful to my ears too, but otherwise I liked the rendition of the stage theme and it looks like they'll be able to make it a pretty faithful version.

I'd still say the Wii build looks more fun though...I'm still having a hard time believing that I might be genuinely interested in this. :lol

Lijik

SwiftSketcher said:
I feel like I'm watching Ratchet talk.

Hits the nail on the head. It gets ever so vaugely Jaleel Whitey whenever he mentions trashing some robots (probably because those lines remind me of the old cartoons), but other than that the voice is Ratchet as hell.

Not that I really have much of a problem with it, but I can see why it wouldn't jive with people.

TheOGB

Banned
Lijik said:
Hits the nail on the head. It gets ever so vaugely Jaleel Whitey whenever he mentions trashing some robots (probably because those lines remind me of the old cartoons), but other than that the voice is Ratchet as hell.

Not that I really have much of a problem with it, but I can see why it wouldn't jive with people.
This is the main reason I think the new voice works. Because of Urkel. Unfortunately, we're all still very used to GRIFFITHHHHH*, so it is just a tad bit jarring to hear something this different.

Interestingly enough, hearing this voice makes me think Sonic should be a lanky douche
again?

They switched the names to fuck with him. Him being Spax3, for those of you that don't know.

derp

Tails' new voice sounds pretty good, Sonic's new voice though... oh dear god my ears. Colours DS also looks poor, but then I never did like the Rush or Advance games.

Maron

CurseoftheGods said:
I like Sonic's new voice.

*runs*

I really like it. And Tails sounds a lot better too. I never really liked Jason Griffith or Amy Palant as Sonic and Tails in the first place. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else in future titles.

Blueblur1

I'm not a fan of Sonic's voice ut I suppose I'll get used to it. I just think he's sounds too old and too much like some generic anime dude.

TheOGB said:
The opposite should've happened

It only because I wont play the Wii version right now mate. 360 is keeping me busy so I know for a fact sonic colours on Wii would just collect dust.

DS version will be played to and from work so will start with that version first.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
RobbieNick said:
A German magazine gave the Wii version 92% while giving the DS version 90%

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/10/29/germanys-wiimagazin-rates-sonic-colors-a-92/

This is getting insane!:lol
Folks, I'm calling it now:
RZSrb.png

The Technomancer

Ugh. I'm trying to watch that 2006 Let's Play, but ironically the video site that they used for hosting (Viddler) has the most atrociously slow loading times I've ever seen. I shouldn't have to wait twenty minutes before watching a twenty minute video, but the direct host seems to be offline...

Lijik

The_Technomancer said:
Ugh. I'm trying to watch that 2006 Let's Play, but ironically the video site that they used for hosting (Viddler) has the most atrociously slow loading times I've ever seen. I shouldn't have to wait twenty minutes before watching a twenty minute video, but the direct host seems to be offline...
The direct host is working just fine for me

dvolovets

The_Technomancer said:
I shouldn't have to wait twenty minutes before watching a nineteen minute long loading screen following by one minute of gameplay, but the direct host seems to be offline...
Fixed. :)

While I love Sonic Rush (it's my favorite DS game), the single greatest thing about it was the music, and when playing SR Adventure, even though it's quite fun, all I could think about was how the music wasn't as good. :( Oh... and the annoying hub world.

So while Colors DS looks amazing, I don't know if I will get it. Definitely getting the Wii version, though.

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
Sonic can break cycles just by running into them now?! What is this bullshit, he should have to roll! FUCK YOU SEGA I AM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER SONIC GAME AGAIN
:lol :lol

Plinko said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

My first ever Sonic thread experience was the Sonic 4 thread and I am still amazed at what I saw.

Seriously this thread and that one are like night and day. Ridiculous

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hitlersaurus Christ said:
Sonic can break cycles just by running into them now?! What is this bullshit, he should have to roll! FUCK YOU SEGA I AM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER SONIC GAME AGAIN

My first ever Sonic thread experience was the Sonic 4 thread and I am still amazed at what I saw.

The Technomancer

Plinko said:

Urgh, that thread was....I had my issues with Sonic 4 and I tried to express them clearly. Some other people...

Cow Mengde said:
Didn't a lot of review sites give Sonic 4 some pretty high scores as well? I'm just saying...
Well if you remove the broken physics then Sonic 4 actually is a pretty good game. And while I could tell the physics were borked from the first videos we saw of that game, nothing in Colors has really looked "off". And I'm just about one of the pickiest dire-hard Sonic fans on here, trust me :lol

Sciz

Cow Mengde said:
Didn't a lot of review sites give Sonic 4 some pretty high scores as well? I'm just saying...
Colors is scoring better than 4 did so far, on average. And unlike 4, Colors doesn't have anything to live up to, so we shouldn't see the same major disconnect between reviews and fan reaction.

Cow Mengde said:
This. Alot of those Sonic 4 reviews look pretty bad in hindsight. Or just look at the reception GTA IV got. It was ridiculous. It'll take some time after the game comes out to judge it accurately.

That being said, this game does look a lot better than Sega's previous 3D Sonic efforts. We'll see.

With the Wii not having much big games released over the last few weeks and also not in the future before christmas this should do okay right?

Maybe I am wrong but I can only think of Donkey Kong Country, Epic Mickey and Mario all-stars although they are 3 big games in there own right. :)

If your a gamer who only owns a Wii then you must be clucking for a quality release right now.

If SEGA have really turned the corner then this deserves to sell well.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The_Technomancer said:
Well if you remove the broken physics then Sonic 4 actually is a pretty good game.

More like if you removed the physics, Sonic 4 would be a slightly less shitty game, but still not the game Sega promised, or the game oldschool fans wanted :( Sonic Fan Remix is easily the superior game.

Colours looks pretty good, although I can't get over that level with huge fucking hamburgers in the background :lol

kobashi100 said:
With the Wii not having much big games released over the last few weeks and also not in the future before christmas this should do okay right?

Maybe I am wrong but I can only think of Donkey Kong Country, Epic Mickey and Mario all-stars although they are 3 big games in there own right. :)

If your a gamer who only owns a Wii then you must be clucking for a quality release right now.

If SEGA have really turned the corner then this deserves to sell well.
I dunno... Metroid: Other M was a quality (aka "Triple A") release. Epic Yarn was also a quality release.

Plus, as a Wii only owner (minus PC and DS), I don't know how I'm going to deal with the next few months. Between DKC, Mickey, All-Stars, Colors Wii, Epic Yarn, Goldeneye, then Skyward Sword... And then the DS and especially 3DS games I need to get...

I'm going to need to make some sacrifices. :(

Laguna

Banned
Sonic Colors looks like a good game, not only gameplay-wise but also the graphics are nice. color me surprised. This may become my first Sonic game on consoles since Adventure2.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is the first ever Sonic game I've preordered.

Ordered online from Gamestop and will use the Sonic hat as a Christmas present for my 3-year old.

Top Bottom