• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors - E3 Trailer + screens

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
AniHawk said:
I think people who still hold Sonic Adventure in high regard haven't played Sonic Adventure in a very long time.

Yeah. The town portions are insufferable and it's unpolished. SA2 plays significantly better, although it's bogged down by the bloat of the shooting and emerald hunting stages.

AniHawk said:
I think people who still hold Sonic Adventure in high regard haven't played Sonic Adventure in a very long time.

Yeah I loved Sonic Adventure but I'll never replay it because I know it aged like shit ( and it kinda sucked back then too)

AniHawk said:
I still hold it in very high regard and last played it less than a year ago. It might not have aged as gracefully as some, but it's still far more playable than most games of that era.

AniHawk said:

Once completed, you can play any level or characters as you please. Despite flaws and bugs, SA as a game had a lot to offer.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Going by the Australian release date I could have put the official thread up today, or tomorrow for Europe, or next Tuesday for NA? What should I go with, tomorrow?

EDIT: Wait, is official thread policy one or two weeks before release?

Sadist

Another Nintendo mag review, from the Dutch [N]Gamer.

Score: 8

Pro's: Sonic is back to basic, finally. Switching between 3D and 2D works well and the Wisps are fun.

Con's: Sonic dies alot because of the game, not because of the player. Several new additions are copy pastes from Super Mario Galaxy. If you don't want to unlock secrets, games over within 10 hours.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Sadist said:

Pro's: Sonic is back to basic, finally. Switching between 3D and 2D works well and the Wisps are fun.

Con's: Sonic dies alot because of the game, not because of the player. Several new additions are copy pastes from Super Mario Galaxy. If you don't want to unlock secrets, games over within 10 hours.
Wait, 10 hours is bad?

Suzuki Yu

AniHawk said:
The guy has a really high opinion of Unleashed's daytime levels. Apparently for the Wii version. Doesn't think the levels in Colors ever quite match up to those.
form what i have seen so far , i am totally with him if he was talking about the HDver of Unleashed.

besiktas1

Sadist said:
So Sonic dies not because of you, ok, I get why that's a con but....

Paying homage to SMG can in no way be a bad thing.
Since when has 10 hours been a bad thing? More than enough if you ask me... Now give it to me on PS3 or 360 so I can play it!

Sadist

Well the mag compares Colours to Galaxy because it's very obvious. Sonic visiting planets, gravity puzzles, spacey music like in Galaxy. Power-ups include a drill and a balloon... they think it's funny.

But really, the review is very positive.

The Technomancer

Sadist said:

Heh, if those are the cons I think I'll live. I'm curious about the dying a lot thing, it hasn't seemed too bad in the videos we've seen.

The_Technomancer said:
Heh, if those are the cons I think I'll live. I'm curious about the dying a lot thing, it hasn't seemed too bad in the videos we've seen.
I'm guessing there might be one or two of the final stages or zones that become nightmarishly difficult. The series always pulls some bullshit like that.

TimmiT

The_Technomancer said:
the reviewer gave this as an example:
Like it still happens that you fall into a bottomless pit because you didn't homing attack on to a spring
He praised the game for the most part and said he at first expected it would be another crappy Sonic game.

dvolovets

AniHawk said:
-reviewer preferred the realistic locales seen in Unleashed
-Doesn't top Sonic Adventure
Huh? I don't think Sonic was ever about "realistic locales", and anyone who still holds Sonic Adventure in high regard needs to replay it.

RobbieNick

Tails voice is perfect, but Sonic?.....Yea. He sounds like he's in his mid-20's-mid-30's here. Not like a 15 year old kid. Too deep.

WillyFive

Tails can totally read in binary.

RobbieNick said:
Tails voice is perfect, but Sonic?.....Yea. He sounds like he's in his mid-20's-mid-30's here. Not like a 15 year old kid. Too deep.

Sonic's 20th Anniversary.

TimmiT

The voice acting is definitely better, but Sonic's voice will take some getting used to. I'm used to him having a higher pitched voice.

ZealousD

The fuck? Tails is fluent in binary?

Sonic's voice will take a lot of getting use to.

WillyFive

RobbieNick said:
He's ALWAYS 15 dude. Plus, he doesn't sound like a cartoon character. He's too "Anime".

Really? I always thought of him aging alongside real time. He was all small and kid like in the Genesis games, then grew up with the Adventure games, and here is voice is a lot deeper.

Not like Mario, who is perpetually middle aged.

The Technomancer

Willy105 said:
Really? I always thought of him aging alongside real time. He was all small and kid like in the Genesis games, then grew up with the Adventure games, and here is voice is a lot deeper.

Not like Mario, who is perpetually middle aged.
....what?

ZealousD

Willy105 said:

No, even the Genesis games casted him as a teenager. And if Sonic aged in real time, wouldn't Tails be in his early 20's by now?

Maybe I'm just used to Sonic's old voice.. but that.. doesn't match. At all. I feel like I'm watching Ratchet talk. Or maybe the host of something on MTV. I don't know. I suppose the acting is better. But at least before the cheesy acting + dialogue matched the animation... Now it's just pretty jarring. The cutscene music is a little too cutesy too but eh. At least Tails and Eggman are pretty spot on.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sega1991 said:
Sonic's new voice reminds me of Spider-man. It doesn't sound like the right voice coming out of his mouth; too old.

Tails' sounds right, though.
Spider-man is a good way to put it. I'll probably get used to it but I'm just too accustomed to him sounding more high pitched and younger.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think it's going to take some time before I get used to that voice. Dude sounds like he's reading for Spider-Man or something. Not bad, just different.

Top Bottom