• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

Dream17

Neo Member
attachment.php

Limited edition in europe, is the same of Bonus edition in us

News Screens

asr-transformed-xbox-com-screenshots-3.jpeg

asr-transformed-xbox-com-screenshots-9.jpeg

asr-transformed-xbox-com-screenshots-12.jpeg

asr-transformed-xbox-com-screenshots-8.jpeg

asr-transformed-xbox-com-screenshots-10.jpeg

asr-transformed-ps3-sony-product-page.jpeg

I can't believe there are zero 3DS screens. I expect it isn't very good or missing a lot of content, then

Console/PC versions look marvelous

First game was great. Can't wait for this. If Banjo is back in the 360 version, going with that.

I can't believe there are zero 3DS screens. I expect it isn't very good or missing a lot of content, then

Console/PC versions look marvelous

Safe bet since the DS version of the first game was pretty bad.

J@hranimo

Banned
The one thing that's concerning for me is that there's still no info on a bonus edition/limited edition for the Wii U version.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I really hope they'll do a proper job with the wii u version, because I'm very interested in it due to the tv-free gameplay and gyro steering. I hope they confirm also the possibility to play it in local multiplayer 1p on TV and 1p on pad

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This game just makes me think Mario Kart Wii U will be the best looking and playing kart racing game of all time.

putting this at Wii U launch window with no MK announced yet is a smart move from Sega, I think.
It's a pity that Codemaster doesn't have confirmed (yet?) F1 Racing star.
BTW, I liked the first Sega All Star, so I'm excited by this new episode; I just hope they'll fix everything also in the Wii U version becuase I'd prefer it over the others.

This game just makes me think Mario Kart Wii U will be the best looking and playing kart racing game of all time.

Much as I love the MK games they really need to solve the annoying rubber band AI for MKU, the wii version can have it's moments of bullshit which no other game seems to do.

Dream17

Neo Member
who open a new thread for Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for a summary of infos, news, video and screenshot ... ?

1342357548.jpg

18 of 29 characters confirmed

-> Sonic - Sonic the Hedgehog
->Tails - Sonic the Hedgehog II
->Knucles - Sonic the Hedgehog III
->Amy - Sonic the Hedgehog CD
->Dr Eggman of Sonic the Hedgehog
->Shadow of Sonic Adventure II
->Beat of Jet Set Radio Future
->BD Joe de Crazy Taxi
->Aiai de Super Monkey Ball
->Amigo de Samba de Amigo
->Joe Musashi de Shinobi
->Vyse de Skies of Arcadia
->Gilius de Golden Axe
->Ralph Animated movie: Wreck-It Ralph
->Nights de Nights into Dreams
->Danica Patrick, real character and NASCAR driver
->Metal Sonic de Sonic CD
->Reala de Nights into Dreams
->Gum de Jet Set Radio
others: unknown

sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-transformed-69786781401a2192c1e9-1335804172.jpg

sonic-transformed-600x335.jpg

Release date(s)

North America :November 20th, 2012
Europe :November 16th, 2012

Genre(s)

Racing

Mode(s)

Single-player,
Multiplayer

Platform(s)

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PC, Wii U, iOS (iPhone) , 3DS

help with this page
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_&_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed

4502531932_f8f2f2e7f0.jpg

Egg_Hanger_01.jpg

26892sartafterburner05-copy.jpg

Trailer - Gamescom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3GhOj4FJZI

First Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3JdskIKjiI

gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JVKMbUOQN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWbSVown9tk

A.E Suggs

->BD Joe de Crazy Taxi
->Joe Musashi de Shinobi
->Gilius de Golden Axe
->Gum de Jet Set Radio

^Is it really true that there is going to be 29 characters? If true I'm even more hyped that before and I was going to already buy the game. Please tell me this is true! Guess if it is they're trying to outdo mario kart wii character numbers.

@MUWANdo

Banned
^Is it really true that there is going to be 29 characters? If true I'm even more hyped that before and I was going to already buy the game. Please tell me this is true! Guess if it is they're trying to outdo mario kart wii character numbers.

The total character roster is 29, but no one version of the game will include every character, IIRC.

A.E Suggs

The total character roster is 29, but no one version of the game will include every character, IIRC.

Damn! oh well I guess that's fine because i'll just wait and see who I want and then go from there. Hopefully the numbers won't be to divided between the versions like say 26 a console would be good imo. Something tell me that the wiiU version will have mario,peach,bowser and ps3 will have ratchet, kat, kratos maybe.

Rlan

I kinda hope Banjo comes back, I enjoyed the first game a lot.

Banno would have made more sense in this game as his whole N&B thing was that you could make a car that could work on ground, air and sea, but it's not gonna happen.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I really hope they'll do a proper job with the wii u version, because I'm very interested in it due to the tv-free gameplay and gyro steering. I hope they confirm also the possibility to play it in local multiplayer 1p on TV and 1p on pad
A developer told me at Gamescom that it's possible. Also: five player symmetric multiplayer (so four driving in splitscreen, a fifth using the pad).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

->BD Joe de Crazy Taxi
->Joe Musashi de Shinobi
->Gilius de Golden Axe
->Gum de Jet Set Radio

They're probably counting Xbox Avatar and Mii as characters, so that's 20 of 29.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ugh, I think it's dumb that they are splitting few characters around for consoles.

I would love to see every characters from first one back in second one as playable except Big.

I wish they weren't doubling-up on characters for certain franchises (Beat and Gum, NiGHTS and Reala). There aren't that many slots left, and there isn't even enough room for a lot of the characters from the first game to return, much less newcomers. I love Gum, but I'd rather have more franchises represented.

I wouldn't be surprised some of the following characters were cut:

Big (I think this has already been confirmed)
Bonanza Bros.
Opa Opa
ChuChus
Billy Hatcher
Jacky and Akira
Ryo

Please please please please support the Wii Wheel for the Wii U version. I would so be in, although I really don't like hearing about slowdowns. Fix it Gearbox.

A.E Suggs

Just give me someone from valkyria chronicles like selvaria,or hibana from nightshade and i'll be good. Buying the game regardless though as there's some very good choices already.

Platy

Please please please please support the Wii Wheel for the Wii U version. I would so be in, although I really don't like hearing about slowdowns. Fix it Gearbox.

Considering the Wii Wheel is a plastic shell to the wiimote ... I think it is a huge chance that it is acepted

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wish they weren't doubling-up on characters for certain franchises (Beat and Gum, NiGHTS and Reala). There aren't that many slots left, and there isn't even enough room for a lot of the characters from the first game to return, much less newcomers. I love Gum, but I'd rather have more franchises represented.

Bonanza Bros.
Opa Opa
ChuChus
Billy Hatcher
Jacky and Akira
Ryo

I want Jacky and Akira and Ryo come back, along with those zombies.

Bonanza Bros.
Opa Opa
ChuChus
Billy Hatcher
Jacky and Akira
Ryo

Agreed, so far I've not been impressed by the characters choices at all - even ignoring garbage like Danica Patrick and Ralph there is still no need for Reala, Gum or Metal Sonic when the likes of Ulala, the ChuChus, Opa Opa and Zobio & Zobiko are MIA.

It feels like as one step forward has been taken with track variety they are taking two steps backwards with the character roster.

Agreed, so far I've not been impressed by the characters choices at all - even ignoring garbage like Danica Patrick and Ralph there is still no need for Reala, Gum or Metal Sonic when the likes of Ulala, the ChuChus, Opa Opa and Zobio & Zobiko are MIA.

It feels like as one step forward has been taken with track variety they are taking two steps backwards with the character roster.

I have no problem with Wreck-It Ralph. Sonic and Eggman are in the Wreck-It Ralph movie, so it's a logical trade. And unlike Danica, at least he fits in.

Top Bottom