• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

I need hi-res pics of Vyse nao!!! And there simply has to be a SoA level, racing through a montage of the continents would be immense.

If there's only 27 characters with 7 news, they need to drop Big. Replace him with Metal Sonic if they want another Sonic Character.

Presuming they keep the original 20, and Ristar and Vector are definitely in, then the remaining 3:

NiGHTS
Phantasy Star character?
Blaze (from SoR, and helps up the female count)

I hope there's more than just 7 new characters. I'd like to see a classic Shining Force character, Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles, Burning Rangers and Dragon Force make it in. Last 2 will not happen :(

Shiloa

Based on the Eurogamer article, I think they mean this game has 27 unlockable characters, not that there is 27 characters total.

No...

""This is a massive, massive budget title," he says, citing the expense of modelling three separate vehicles for each of 27 characters"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've never liked Sonic's car in S&SASR. Being blue while he's blue as well, it looks crap. A Red car, like his shoes, looks so much better

Perhaps they are worried it would look similar to the OutRun car.

Shaneus

Sega has been very awesome recently.

PSO2 having a smart F2P model
Jet Set Radio XBLA/PSN/PC
and now this.

Will be buying.
You forgot Binary Domain.

Oh good lord, take my money now.

Seriously, I was ambivalent towards the rest of the years stuff but that looks AMAZING.

And Richard Jacques doing original remixes on top of that. If UK Resistance were still around, it probably would have spontaneously combusted by now.
Regardless of RJ's appearance, UK:R would've revived itself just like they did for when Sony was hacked.

Also:
ytxCU.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The 30fps for me really made me feel ehh and their old PC treatment made me on the fence. I guess I'll wait for a sale.

SykoTech

I do wish they would stop using the word "All-Stars" in these crossovers though. So tacky, both here and in the PlayStation crossover.

Though in this game's case, All-Stars is probably the least of the title's problems. Still can't get over how they dropped the Sega name and kept the Sonic & part. That is the exact opposite of what people wanted after the last game.

I do wish they would stop using the word "All-Stars" in these crossovers though. So tacky, both here and in the PlayStation crossover.

Though in this game's case, All-Stars is probably the least of the title's problems. Still can't get over how they dropped the Sega name and kept the Sonic & part. That is the exact opposite of what people wanted after the last game.

The Sonic name is there because it absolutely will net the game extra sales. Assuming this game is at least as good as the first, I'm fine if the title is awkward if it means more people end up buying it.

I mean, are you (hypothetical for anyone reading this, not simply SykoTech) not going to buy it because it's called Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? Ignore the merits of the game completely based on the title? You know that would be a dumb reason to not buy the game. So the net result is that they probably aren't going to lose sales because the title's awkward, but will sell more copies because of the Sonic branding than if they left it off.

massoluk

Banned
Oh... I thought it would be like Diddy Kong Racing after I saw the first image. But now it looks like they just copied Mario Kart 7. Transforming from land to sea to air vehicles. Unless they don't transform and it's actually different courses and gameplay for each style, that'd be neat too, like getting 3 games in one. Hydro Thunder esque, Mario Kart esque, and um, the flying stuff. Win. Please.

So it's basically Mario Kart 7 with Blast Processing.

/I'm sorry. Hang head in shame.

WallJump

Banned
The 30fps for me really made me feel ehh and their old PC treatment made me on the fence. I guess I'll wait for a sale.

Yeah the lack of multiplayer for the original was terrible, but the Sonic Generations port was amazing. I sold my PS3 version so fast after getting the PC version through Steam. I wonder if this PC version will be more like the first S&SASR or the Generations port....

SykoTech

The Sonic name is there because it absolutely will net the game extra sales. Assuming this game is at least as good as the first, I'm fine if the title is awkward if it means more people end up buying it.

I mean, are you (hypothetical for anyone reading this, not simply SykoTech) not going to buy it because it's called Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? Ignore the merits of the game completely based on the title? You know that would be a dumb reason to not buy the game. So the net result is that they probably aren't going to lose sales because the title's awkward, but will sell more copies because of the Sonic branding than if they left it off.

Of course the title alone isn't going to keep me from buying it. But it's dumb, and I like complaining about dumb things :)

Not sure if that came out right.

And I'm not so sure the name will do much to net them extra sales. Smash Bros doesn't have the name "Mario" in it (or "Nintendo" for that matter), but I doubt it's missing any sales because of that. Even withou Sonic's name in the title, people would be able to tell it's essentially a Sonic game by the game's case or the commericals.

I guess Sega doesn't want to take any chances given their financial situation. The Sonic name was one of the brands they said they'd be leaning a lot from now too.

iavi

Nice to see they're using the Jet Set Radio model of Beat that they used in Sega Superstars Tennis. I prefer it over the Jet Set Radio Future model from the last game.

I just noticed this...WHY, SEGA!? I prefer spandex pants Beat so much more.

I hope Banjo & Kazooie are in the 360 version again, but it would be nice if they had a more "classic" look, rather than their Nuts & Bolts style.

GrayFoxPL

All the hype for this makes me wish Sega had a Smash Bros game...

Would make much more sense then Sony's battle royale. Don't want to troll it but just comparing the amount of cult/classic characters Sega has it's a no brainer.

ZB21C.jpg

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm a little bummed since the wheel was so much fun to use in the last game, but I just can't see how you could control a plane with one.

ZB21C.jpg

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm a little bummed since the wheel was so much fun to use in the last game, but I just can't see how you could control a plane with one.

Maybe they could just allow simultaneous use of a wheel and a pad, leave the pad next to you for plane bits?

Peff

Or the game could handle the speed while in Flight Mode and let you use the accelerator for going up and the brakes for going down, at least for 1P/local multi.

Satchel

Banned
The official 360 wheel has a dpad on it, so you could use that for height, or you could use the paddle shifters for height.

Could work.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
To put it most simply, they aren't assholes. I know, it's amazing for a publisher in this day and age.

Top Bottom