• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

GrayFoxPL

6978660416_26133b3c17_o.png

Nom.

iSEiNjRoDAKcr.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wish Nintendo was cooler about lending their characters, they've always been really bleh when it comes to that.

Actually, Sega decided to opposed that if I remembered it right. They don't want Mario in the game because they fear that it would become "Sonic and Mario" game. I might be wrong.

Edited: Never mind, just saw new article. Kirby...... I think Nintendo might reject the offers because they don't want hand over their character to help the kart game to rival against their own mario kart series.

This was pleasant news to wake up to this morning.

If the game is slated for an autumn release its pretty much done with the initial planning for what characters and references will be used. So I'm not going to ask for any characters but I do hope that this time around the levels are much more varied than last time. There were too many Sonic styled levels. The addition of an Panzer Dragoon inspired level gives me hope that SUMO was at the very least listening to SASAR owner comments and for that I am very pleased.

Another small change I hope is in this time are SEGA franchise based weapons and item boxes. Last time was a bit too generic. Hopefully more care has been put into that.

As long as Transformed plays as well as the original I am sure we're all in for a real treat.

Rlan

Seems like all flying characters (Tails etc) now have a more racing-styled car to deal with. But what about those with Bikes? Characters like Alex Kidd were perfectly suited to his little Motorbike, as was Shadow and his gaudy Motorcycle. Beat looks like he sort of just repainted Knuckles' vehicle now.

At least Alex might be able to get his Peticopter action on outside of the All-Star move. No mention of that either.

Seems like the game will actually have less courses than the original did -- 16 new courses and 4 old courses, compared to the 24 in the original. I guess they've done this to budget for more different styled courses and not 3 green hill ones like they did last time.

Also, are they still using Jason Griffith's voice for Sonic in there? Sort of sounded like it...

Platy

Qs3qj.png

I'm dissapointed by the lack of this image on this thread =P

ALSO ... OMFG RISTAR PANZERDRAGON SKIES OF ARCADIA !!!!

....I wish it would mean that SEGA would look better at those games .... right, Alex Kidd ?
2JICD.jpg

I adored the first game, so this is a day one for me, even before I knew anything about it. But everything I am hearing sounds incredible. Vyse? One track per IP? Richard Jacques doing remixes? Improved items?

This is now my currently most anticipated game. I can't count the number of hours I spent online in the first game, so I'm psyched for this.

My personal wishlist is:

1) Outrun representation. This was one of my most-wanted things for the first game, and I was stunned it was completely absent. Sumo Digital are responsible for both these and the Outrun games, so it's a no-brainer. I really want to see an Outrun track this time around, along with Outrun music.

2) More variety in music. It wasn't the lack of remixes that bothered me in the first game; it was the fact that the music for each track theme were mostly taken from one game. For example, all of the Jet Set Radio music was from JSRF, and all of the Super Monkey Ball music was from Banana Blitz (bar one). The Sonic tracks had a good mix of music from different Sonic games (the Seaside Hill tracks had music from Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Heroes), and I'd like to see more of this. Hell, maybe also throw in a couple of music tracks from games that don't have their own stage, ala Smash Bros. Brawl.

3) If All-Star moves are present, include them in the online.

4) Segata Sanshiro as a playable racer.

5) Let multiple people use the same character. This means everybody can enjoy the character they want, and it eliminates the problem of a select few people dominating by using the best characters, which was a big issue in the first game.

6) Balanced characters. Following on from my last point, the first game's roster was horribly unbalanced. Characters like Shadow and Sonic were inarguably the best, whereas characters like the Chuchus and Jackie & Akira were near-worthless. I'd rather all the characters weren't too different from each other (like Mario Kart) than being very different but imbalanced.

7) Keep Time Trial exactly the same please. I loved the way time trial worked in the first game (for those not aware, only single lap times are recorded, and you just kept going until you decided to pause and quit); it was incredibly addictive, and eliminated a lot of hassle usually associated with time trials (load times, having to complete three consecutive laps perfectly, etc.).

8) Maybe a few point-to-point tracks as well as lap-based ones? Though I only want this as it lends itself better to an Outrun track...

9) Tweak the drifting. For the most part, it's perfect, but it's too easily abused to "snake", especially since you can press both left/right on both the control stick and D-pad at the same time to drift while maintaining a straight line, making it possible to drift absolutely anywhere.

10) Not too many new Sonic characters. I don't like how much the roster was balanced in Sonic's favour in the first game (Sega Superstars Tennis fared much better in that regard). I know we're already getting a lot of awesome non-Sonic characters by the looks of it, but still, the more Sonic characters there are, the more I feel there could have been other characters in their place.

I'm sure I'll probably think of more things later, but that's it for now.

What a great idea to have a kart racing game take place on air, water, and land. I've never seen anything like that before. What Nintendon't indeed.

sn00zer

1) Outrun representation. This was one of my most-wanted things for the first game, and I was stunned it was completely absent. Sumo Digital are responsible for both these and the Outrun games, so it's a no-brainer. I really want to see an Outrun track this time around, along with Outrun music.
Akira and Jackie drive the Outrun car

Akira and Jackie drive the Outrun car

I think it was just coincidence. No single car model is synonomous with Outrun, and while they do drive a car that looks like a Ferrari, I think it's a stretch. Maybe a slight nod if it was intentional, but still a far cry from an Outrun track, which the franchise deserves.

Believe it or not, Sega doesn't own the rights to Segata Sanshiro's image.

I know; which is why he wasn't in the first game. But they said they tried to work something out, so maybe they could try again. Or find a way of making him look a bit different from his real-life actor. Maybe make him look old, as if he's come out of retirement for this game? Or a zombie, since he died in his final commercial. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
27 characters confirmed, plus an adventure mode which is apparently inspired by games likes Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Link

The game has 27 characters. This is 20 more then the last game, not counting console specific characters.
OH REALLY!? Last time I checked that First game have more than 7 characters. I checked the list so we might get 20 returning characters, along with 7 new characters.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
[ IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CTq2I.jpg[/IMG]

I guess NBA Street 3 was a weird anomaly
It was.... And so was Soul Calibur 2, SSX Tour, Fight Night Round 2, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Itadaki Street, DOA Dimensions and Dynasty Warriors Vs. I'm glad that I'm not the only person who found his comment peculiar.

The M.O.B

It was.... And so was Soul Calibur 2, SSX Tour, Fight Night Round 2, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Itadaki Street, DOA Dimensions and Dynasty Warriors Vs. I'm glad that I'm not the only person who found his comment peculiar.

Nintendo had their characters in these bolded games?

Top Bottom