• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

Other good character for this game can be Jack of HeadHunter.

HH6.jpg

*Includes remix of Jack's Theme

so long as we stay away from anything Redemption related, I'm all for this.

Yoritomo

YEEEESSSSSS My daughters are going to be ecstatic.

How demanding is the PC version? Wondering if I can get decent gameplay out of it on my laptop. As a rough benchmark, said laptop can just about cope with The Witcher (1), but struggled in scenes with a lot of transparent SFX.

LAME PUN WARNING:

Shadow of the Beat?

30-50 fps at 1920 x 1080 with max options on a 9600gt 512meg card with an e8400.

Lower the resolution to 1600 x 900 and I get constantly above 50 fps. I have it set to reduce fidelity for 3 or more players, otherwise it does get choppy and start dropping below 30 fps. If your laptop uses onboard video it will struggle, but you can drop the options down pretty low.

So the guy that made Crazy Taxi, Kanno-san, is such a great guy and he's really fun to talk to. And he's probably about 50 now, 55, floating grey locks and that. But he's just so chilled out and fun, and his feedback on it is 'Just make it cool'. Like, for his car: 'Just make it cool'. And then we've got to explain it has change into a boat and a plane: 'Just make it cool'.
Just make it cool

GC: Can you give a ballpark figure for the number of tracks? Is it one per IP?

JN: I think I can answer that and yes it is! So we've made a specific track per IP, so in the last one there were maybe three set in Seaside Hill, but we haven't done that this time. So each track is unique and built on its own. So it's very fan-pleasing in that sense.
Excellent!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Just saw the videos; Why this game reminds me more of Diddy Kong Racing than Mario Kart?

J@hranimo

Banned
The potential for this game to be really, really good is possible. This might be the real Mario Kart contender. Just thinking about makes me all hype :D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sonic All Stars Racing would sound better. Otherwise, they're missing a definite article.

I never played the first game but my friends who did had fun with it, I think. Looks fun, so might check out the 3DS or PS3 version.

RoyalFool

Banned
Oh man, so glad this got a sequel. I double-dipped on this title because, well, anything that keeps SEGA renewing it's Shenmue and JSR licences must be a good thing. That it turned out to be the best karting game of this generation was a nice bonus!

Sumo Digital guys who read here - Keep your eyes on this swinging watch and repeat 5 times, you must make a shenmue based track.

shaowebb

Man do I want this so hard right now. The original was a suprise blast and its to date one of the best games I've played for kart racing ever. Throwing in Vyse and Gilius though? I can almost guarantee I got people who will drop cash on this game day 1 now for those two.

Dreamlist of character additions:
  • Segata Sanshiro
  • Adam, Axel, and Blaze from Streets of Rage in a vehicle
  • Orta riding her Dragoon from Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Someone from Shining Force
  • Someone from Phantasy Star
  • Ali from Beyond Oasis

Bolded the most important stuff up there for us.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whoa, Gareth Wilson is working on this? And Vectorman is in this?

Colour me intrigued. Gimme Gunstar Heroes!

ReaperXL7

So let me get this straight.....Sega is including Vyse from Skies of Aracadia, for what purpose?

It's not like they will ever make a sequel, so I just don't understand why they would want to Troll Skies fans like this, it's shameful... Makes me very sad.

Real talk for a second: include online play for the PC version in this one Sega and at least 4 of my friends will drop full price on this day one.

They didn't include online play for the PC version of the first one because "it was too much work for an audience of mostly pirates" or something like that.

So I didn't buy it. And won't buy this, by extension.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I loved the first Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Totally pumped for the sequel. I love that Vyse is going to be in.

They didn't include online play for the PC version of the first one because "it was too much work for an audience of mostly pirates" or something like that.

Wait, they seriously said that? Good lord. Now I'm not sure I want to buy this.

Teknoman

Is the music from the trailer the same music that's going to be featured in the game? Because I quite like it :D

Most likely not. You'll find a ton of Sega game themes and remixes though. For some reason Sega never uses the actual game music for trailers anymore.

Also yes Ristar!

I loved the first Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Totally pumped for the sequel. I love that Vyse is going to be in.

Wait, they seriously said that? Good lord. Now I'm not sure I want to buy this.

Well if its online for PC this time around, that shouldnt be an issue right?

DeVeAn

DAMN! I cannot wait I loved the first one and am a HUGE SEGA kid. I'll make a list of un-confirmed characters I want:
Kiryu Kazuma
Joe from Shinobi
PSO Hunter
NiGHTS

Top Bottom