• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

Lijik

I still want G and Washington in an Ice Cream Truck
Especially an ice cream truck that flies and goes into water

Make it happen Sumo!

nns3d

Seems like dubstep in movie/game trailers is the in-thing now.

Game is sounding awesome so far though, I'm liking how they're really taking the fan requests to heart (if the Rystar/Vectorman thing turns out to be true).

Gonna be all over this, the first game was great. It certainly borrows a lot from Mario Kart but is actually quite a bit different. I have no nostalgia for Sega characters but it is a very solid game.

Teknoman

If the vehicles actually play different depending on their mode, this could be nice. Hoping for air race sections to be incredibly high speed... and actually take place higher up, not just hovering above ground/a canyon.

If the PC version has online I'll get it. WTF did the first game not have online? SMH.

Looking at what they've done with Sonic Generations and Binary Domain, not to mention PSO2 being PC lead platform, i'm sure it'll have online this time around.

Yuripaw

Banned
I hope there's more variety among the tracks. There were too many repeat stage themes from the same franchise, when they could've been spreading it out among more games.

I hope there's more variety among the tracks. There were too many repeat stage themes from the same franchise, when they could've been spreading it out among more games.

According to one of the previews, they've acknowledged it and are going to have more tracks from other franchises.

Not entirely true, you may get some of G's music tape before Washington throws it out the window.
Actually that should be their special move.

either that or...

Cursing could be their super power

a la one of the bosses in Lollipop Chainsaw?

eXistor

Awesome, now announce a Wii U version and I'll gladly wait for that. Can't wait to see what tracks (and characters) they'll put in this though, if there's one thing the first was lacking it was variety in tracks.

Satchel

Banned
Bought. Sega you motherfuckers bought.

This is going to be awesome. Doesn't have to be much better than the first game to be the best kart racer around.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I wonder what Nintendo can possibly do for Mario Kart U after Mario Kart 7 and this thing here... Space? Or something more inventive... I really hope it's not just something very conservative and safe Mario Kart Wii style... But they also can't just use the same concept, even altered as here, it will be seen as same old still... Both of these cases are very possible but disappointing too...

Maybe they'll at least also give us an F-Zero and a new bots game if they decide to make Mario Kart traditional.

Lijik

Yup online on PC is officialy confirmed. Sweet :D

zLK7d.png

fernoca

Was it? I tried to find it for my brother on Wii at the time and I had no luck. Did it come out later on the Wii?
Same day...and from what I remember, it was the Wii version that sold the most too. Then again, Generations missed Wii and from what has been teased, sales of the 360/PS3 Generations combined were still less than Sonic Colors on Wii.

Guess is one of those "will be announced later for Wii U", otherwise it doesn't make sense skipping Wii...again.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Same day...and from what I remember, it was the Wii version that sold the most too. Then again, Generations missed Wii and from what has been teased, sales of the 360/PS3/3DS Generations combined were still less than Sonic Colors on Wii.

Guess is one of those "will be announced later for Wii U", otherwise it doesn't make sense skipping Wii...again.

Fixed.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well I'm sold. I can still play and enjoy the first game on three different systems (Wii, DS, iOS), so of course I can't pass this up with all the cameos and references and fun challenges it'll offer.

I question adding different type of vehicles, Diddy Kong Racing is the only one that did it right, but even that I had trouble going back to once that generation ended. Hopefully it's not the case here.

I have the characters I wanted, save for G and Magician in a car because the image is just funny for me imagine.

Now to just figure out what system to get it on. Perhaps systems.

iavi

Looking at what they've done with Sonic Generations and Binary Domain, not to mention PSO2 being PC lead platform, i'm sure it'll have online this time around.

It'll be interesting to see if Devil's Details handles the PC port this time around, as, according to Steam, Sumo handled the first one in-house. That ended up with features being cut, and, personally, DD's been doing a great job - Sonic Generations, Binary Domain - So I wouldn't at all mind seeing them handle the PC version of Transformed.

SmithnCo

So let me get this straight.....Sega is including Vyse from Skies of Aracadia, for what purpose?

It's not like they will ever make a sequel, so I just don't understand why they would want to Troll Skies fans like this, it's shameful... Makes me very sad.

Ryo from Shenmue was in the first one, not like they're making another one of those.

(lol)

:(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Sponge

Banned
I wish Nintendo was cooler about lending their characters, they've always been really bleh when it comes to that.

Top Bottom