• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces gamescom line-up (incl. Journey, Until Dawn, Unfinished Swan for PS4)

If Wipeout is going to return it will be announced here. (Crossing fingers but it's not going to happen. But if it were, it would be announced here.)

Looking forward to seeing Until Dawn. Wonder if it's still planned as a retail game like the PS3 version was going to be.

9L45Br5.jpg

Also I really hope Shadow of the Beast shows up in some form. :(

Looking forward to seeing Until Dawn. Wonder if it's still planned as a retail game like the PS3 version was going to be.

I just hope that they haven't changed the theme from being a gaming version of a teen slasher. I think ObScure is the only other game that's even tried to pull off that concept. Which is strange given how popular that particular horror genre is and how suitable the concept is for gaming.

It's not. You just have bad taste. :D

Hey man if you think a game about following somebody and magic carpets through a desert while hearing easy listening music for a few hours is super amazing and a sign of great taste, cool for you I guess. Personally I find your taste to be incredibly boring and I have found many many games to be far more entertaining than Journey. Like I said before, I actually liked the game. I just don't think it's nearly as amazing as people make it out to be

Until Dawn will probably be a Morpheus project. It just makes too much sense. Maybe it'll be a game that can be played with or without one.

BHK3

Banned
Hey man if you think a game about following somebody and magic carpets through a desert while hearing easy listening music for a few hours is super amazing and a sign of great taste, cool for you I guess. Personally I find your taste to be incredibly boring and I have found many many games to be far more entertaining than Journey. Like I said before, I actually liked the game. I just don't think it's nearly as amazing as people make it out to be

Agreed, I really don't think it's anywhere near $15 worth of content or entertainment.

Paz

Awesome list, Sony are killing it with the range of games they are showing at conventions this year, I hope some of them get covered this time because I barely got to read about any of the games they had at E3.

JP

Every time there's mention of a Vita game now I just want it to be compatible with PlayStation TV.

Human_me

I'm hoping that with Journey and Unfinished Swan they go:
"and you can get them both.... RIGHT NOW on PSN."

Oh and they are cross-buy of course!

Melchiah

I'm hoping that with Journey and Unfinished Swan they go:
"and you can get them both.... RIGHT NOW on PSN."

Oh and they are cross-buy of course!

I was about to say the same. It's good to hear they're coming to the PS4, as I've been hoping for that to happen for months. Until Dawn moving to PS4 is also good news.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Here's to hoping Journey and The Unfinished Swan are cross-buy.

I'm also very glad that Until Dawn still exists as I thought it appealing ever since it was unveiled. It does make sense if it is a Morpheus project, even if I'm not keen on that as I don't intend to buy the accessory whenever it comes out. Not really sold on the concept to be honest and it doesn't excite me at present.

Hopes for the future:
- Guerrila Games' new IP to actually be interesting lore wise (Killzone's bores me to death) and unveiled at Gamescom
- Santa Monica Studio's new project to be unveiled at Gamescom, whatever it may be I'll likely love it
- The Last Guardian to be re-unveiled at TGS, but that's for another thread; couldn't help mentioning it though
- Rime needs to be at Gamescom too, it baffles me that it's not on the list, just like The Wtiness

Ravage

That's an excellent list of games. Looking forward to playing Unfinished Swan for the first time (hopefully with added Morpheus support in the future).

First I was all OMG It's Journey on PS4.

Then I was oo, and Unfinished Swan.

Then I saw Bloodborne & Assault Android Cactus & Galak-Z & Helldivers & 11 others I can't be arsed to type and I was

'I can't afford to on a PS4. There are too many gaemz!'

Is it wrong I'm more hyped for Assault Android Cactus than anything else on that list?

Nope i'm with you there :)

Tenki

One question about Journey. Considering it's cross-buy (like flOw and Flower, aren't they?) if I buy the Journey Collector's Edition for PS3 I'd get the three games for PS4?

reminder

One question about Journey. Considering it's cross-buy (like flOw and Flower, aren't they?) if I buy the Journey Collector's Edition for PS3 I'd get the three games for PS4?

These games are only cross-buy if you buy the digital versions.

Edit: forgot the collector's edition is also available digitally. Should work then, but i'm not 100% sure about this.

Edit 2: The description in the store says the digital collector's edition is eligible for cross-buy, too.

Tenki

These games are only cross-buy if you buy the digital versions.

Edit: forgot the collector's edition is also available digitally. Should work then, but i'm not 100% sure about this.

Edit 2: The description in the store says the digital collector's edition is eligible for cross-buy, too.

No. Only psn purchases are eligible for cross-buy

Oh, I thought the CE was just a case with a code to download the games and the disc was just for documentaries, the OST and so.

Storm360

Less than 10 "new" PS4 exclusives, disappointing

Can we stop with the bad remasters already? They all seem like awful value anyways when the Master Chief Collection is due out soon

kyser73

That's an excellent list of games. Looking forward to playing Unfinished Swan for the first time (hopefully with added Morpheus support in the future).

Nope i'm with you there :)

I have to keep myself from posting on their FB page about WHEN IZ TEH PS4!?!?

plainr_

I had to go look up Until Dawn on Google. Totally forgot what that game was.

This is pretty much a Project Morpheus title. Yusss.

reminder

Can we stop with the bad remasters already? They all seem like awful value anyways when the Master Chief Collection is due out soon

You won't see anything new and big in a list of playable titles. If there are new announcements, you'll see them at Sony's press conference.

yurinka

I'm interested in 15 PS4 games and 10 Vita games of this list. Which is great, but I miss a ton of already announced games for both platforms.

Yeah, all PS4 owners who didn't have a PS3 won't like to see Journey there, it's a shitty game nobody wants. They should have announced 20 new PS4 AAA exclusives in Gamescom and to have them playable there instead, obviously.

yurinka

Can't wait till people stop crying about Remasters and Collections, instead of focusing on all the other games.
Well I think the 'it haz no gamez' is making even less sense since they are showing cool big games so they needed to find another excuse to continue bashing. Even if still doesn't
make sense.

As these are only the playable (even by consumers I guess) games featured by Sony, most of these games are set to be released from now till the end of the year.
Bloodborne and The Order seem to be the exception from what I can tell, but the latter is early 2015 (and Bloodborne might be as well).
Stands to reason that Until Dawn will also release before early 2015, but we haven't seen much of it so far? Too early to be a Morpheus game?

Oh and I see no reason why Journey won't be crossbuy, I will play through it again on PS4 for sure :)

Melchiah

If they're cross-buys (ie. free for those with the PS3 copy), like Flower was, they're hell of a good value.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Unfinished swan is a little gem for anyone that didn't have a PS3. But I'm not sure I'll double dip - I honestly can't imagine the IQ being any better - it was outstanding on PS3.

Top Bottom