• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces gamescom line-up (incl. Journey, Until Dawn, Unfinished Swan for PS4)

Afrikan

I will FINALLY be able to play and finish Last Of Us and Journey...I've been holding out on those titles for a while now waiting for the PS4 versions. I'm going in fresh. :D

Unfinished Swan is an amazing game... I can't believe how good it looked and ran on the PS3. (think Framerate was unlocked) I'm wondering how much better they can make it look on the PS4.

and of course there is Until Dawn...or it should be called Unitl it finally releases. :/ Again, looking forward to how good it will look as well.

Quake1028

PlayStation 4:
Bloodborne
Driveclub
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition
WWE 2K15
NBA 2K15
Project Cars
The Unfinished Swan
The Order: 1886
The Last of Us HD
Journey
Hustle Kings

GIMME GIMME GIMME.

steven28

Great list of games there.Really looking forward to seeing more of bloodborne and the order 1886.I hope the rumors are true that dishonored 2 is going to be there as well.I'm more hyped for gamescom than i was for e3.

GIMME GIMME GIMME.

giphy.gif

Expecting Sony to announce something for Summer 2015 at their press conference. Possibly Sly 5 since I can't imagine a 3DS platformer taking up that many resources for Sanzaru.

kyser73

First I was all OMG It's Journey on PS4.

Then I was oo, and Unfinished Swan.

Then I saw Bloodborne & Assault Android Cactus & Galak-Z & Helldivers & 11 others I can't be arsed to type and I was

'I can't afford to on a PS4. There are too many gaemz!'

Is it wrong I'm more hyped for Assault Android Cactus than anything else on that list?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
PS4 adds to it's enormous landslide advantage in games. I see these announcements as reminders to why the PS4 is the system with the most robust lineup in quantity and quality.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 adds to it's enormous landslide advantage in games. I see these announcements as reminders to why the PS4 is the system with the most robust lineup in quantity and quality.

There are still a lot of people saying there are no games available for the PS4. Boggles my mind.

The playable lineup already looks really good (well, the Vita's lineup needs some work). Any new announcements from Sony's conference will just add more to their already large advantage over the Xbox One.

Kasper

Expecting Sony to announce something for Summer 2015 at their press conference. Possibly Sly 5 since I can't imagine a 3DS platformer taking up that many resources for Sanzaru.

Oh god yes. I would love for Sony to surprise me with a Sly 5 announcement, though I doubt it'll happen until 2015 if it's even in the works. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on this hunch and Gamescom will blow me away.

There are still a lot of people saying there are no games available for the PS4. Boggles my mind.
Did those people who say that, say the same thing towards xb1? I didn't really follow xbox news, but I thought ps4 had advantage over xbox because it has more digital download games

Did those people who say that, say the same thing towards xb1? I didn't really follow xbox news, but I thought ps4 had advantage over xbox because it has more digital download games

A little OT but I guess some people are still shocked at how well the system is doing sales wise that they have to throw out ludicrous statements.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member

Well I'm sure I had selective attention, but yes, I have seen people say the PS4 lacks games but not the XB1. Eh whatever

Takao

Banned

Sanzaru has done four projects (Sonic Boom 3DS, Bentley's Hackpack iOS/Android, God of War & Sly Cooper Vita ports) in 2014. While the majority are ports, that does seem like a lot for a studio that probably isn't huge.

Tigress

Honestly, I'd probably be one who complains that. And I'd complain the same thing if I had an xbox one. I know it's cause there are no games I'm interested in. Well not really no but nothing super exciting yet really (it's sad this year the most excited for a next gen game I am is for one that was on PS3, GTA V. And Witcher 3 next year. And whenever Fallout 4 comes out. And yeah, that's my list of what I'm excited for and one of those I'm only assuming will eventually come out ... it better). Oh, and of course I won't complain about any future single player Elder Scrolls ;) (Though I do think I prefer Fallout).

So yeah, I would bitch that, and yes, I think it's more of a next gen complaint (or future games in general really as for PS3 I'm just excited for Borderlands prequel and Persona 5) than PS4 specific. Oh, and the fact that my favorite games are RPG games and I'll complain it seems like it is mostly shooters coming and indies you see coming out (and most indies are platform and not very story strong and I'm not a huge platformer fan and I really prefer playing a story of some sort, not having a story as an excuse for the game). Though I am excited for Dragonfin Soup. And don't give me Dragon Age or whatver it is that is coming out this year, it's EA and I won't buy their stuff. It's the only game that makes me sad I won't buy EA games (and I used to love Sim City but they ruined it).

And maybe also I'm too picky. But I'm on a tight budget so it's probably good I'm very picky on what i get really excited for.

But honestly, I think the people who bitch that are looking for AAA games (I can't say I'm not guilty ;) ) and also some reason assume that cause PS4 is getting lots of indies that that means it won't get AAA (what, there's only so many slots of games a console can have so if it has indies it some how can't fit in AAA games too?). Personally I mostly prefer third party and I have full faith PS4 is going to get supported there (which is why I already bought one). Nothing is leading me to believe it should not.

Shin-Ra

Honestly, I'd probably be one who complains that. And I'd complain the same thing if I had an xbox one. I know it's cause there are no games I'm interested in. Well not really no but nothing super exciting yet really (it's sad this year the most excited for a next gen game I am is for one that was on PS3, GTA V. And Witcher 3 next year. And whenever Fallout 4 comes out. And yeah, that's my list of what I'm excited for and one of those I'm only assuming will eventually come out ... it better). Oh, and of course I won't complain about any future single player Elder Scrolls ;) (Though I do think I prefer Fallout).

So yeah, I would bitch that, and yes, I think it's more of a next gen complaint (or future games in general really as for PS3 I'm just excited for Borderlands prequel and Persona 5) than PS4 specific. Oh, and the fact that my favorite games are RPG games and I'll complain it seems like it is mostly shooters coming and indies you see coming out (and most indies are platform and not very story strong and I'm not a huge platformer fan and I really prefer playing a story of some sort, not having a story as an excuse for the game). Though I am excited for Dragonfin Soup. And don't give me Dragon Age or whatver it is that is coming out this year, it's EA and I won't buy their stuff. It's the only game that makes me sad I won't buy EA games (and I used to love Sim City but they ruined it).

And maybe also I'm too picky. But I'm on a tight budget so it's probably good I'm very picky on what i get really excited for.

But honestly, I think the people who bitch that are looking for AAA games (I can't say I'm not guilty ;) ) and also some reason assume that cause PS4 is getting lots of indies that that means it won't get AAA (what, there's only so many slots of games a console can have so if it has indies it some how can't fit in AAA games too?). Personally I mostly prefer third party and I have full faith PS4 is going to get supported there (which is why I already bought one). Nothing is leading me to believe it should not.
My brain hurts now.

dolabla

Wow, I didn't realize Gamescom was so close. Seeing Until Dawn in the PS4 lineup makes me happy. I've been looking forward to it.

Tigress

My brain hurts now.

Sorry, I tend to ramble. And it turned into a small rant on how I'm kinda disappointed in what games have been announced in the future period (and yes, for me, that's a small rant. I am wordy, I know it).

And I forgot to mention that No Man's Sky is looking promising (I'm withholding judgement but I am hoping it is what I think it might be).

I guess the TLDR of it is, I can understand why people complain no games but I think you are right that if those people thought about it xbox one is no better. And that PS4 is getting just as much support as xbox one. Plus more indie support (though that doesn't help me cause most indies just don't interest me. And please don't make me defend that unless you want more wordiness ;). I kinda already explained in my rant that made your brain hurt).

I'm in, all these games plus some surefire announcements during their conference, will make for a great Gamescom. Last year I liked Gamescom more than E3, lets see if their year is a repeat.

Zia

I just need the Team ICO Collection and LBP (and 2) on my PS4 and I can put the PS3 out to pasture.

That's not a bad list. lots of variety, a few PS3 games but many people never owned a PS3. Still think they lack a big hitter to make the PS4 a must buy but UC4 will fill that niche. Going to be good when I pick up a PS4.

Salex_

I wonder if they're going to wait until the end of the year/early 2015 to talk about R&C? The game and movie are both coming out in the first half of 2015 and we haven't seen nothing yet.
So yeah, I would bitch that, and yes, I think it's more of a next gen complaint (or future games in general really as for PS3 I'm just excited for Borderlands prequel and Persona 5) than PS4 specific. Oh, and the fact that my favorite games are RPG games and I'll complain it seems like it is mostly shooters coming and indies you see coming out .

There's going to be an unannounced Japanese PS4 game from Sony at Gamescom, I'd say there's a decent chance of that being a JRPG. Maybe it'll be something your interested in.

I got pretty lucky that a game in my favorite genre (fighting games) is coming out this year and it'll be something I can constantly play for the next 1-2 years. I can understand the complaints about lack of games in other genres though. I'm still waiting for a 3D platformer and when that comes out i'll have to wait a long time for the next one :(

Journey better be cross buy, like Flow and Flower. It better be lol.

Seriously hoping it will be. BTW I own FlOw and Flower on PS3 but they are disc. Do I own them on PS4 too?

Edit: Just did a small search and it looks like if you own the Disc version you are out of luck. Pretty lame. I really enjoyed Journey a lot. I'd definitely play it all over again on PS4. Maybe one day it will be PS+.

Seriously hoping it will be. BTW I own FlOw and Flower on PS3 but they are disc. Do I own them on PS4 too?

Edit: Just did a small search and it looks like if you own the Disc version you are out of luck. Pretty lame. I really enjoyed Journey a lot. I'd definitely play it all over again on PS4. Maybe one day it will be PS+.

No it's not. You might as well have bought it second-hand used or have borrowed it from a friend or even have rented it.

Top Bottom