• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reveals new PSN store

come on, these are pretty similar.

Yep, very very similar. But again, it's not like it could have gotten worse than what we had(actually I forgot about the Wiiware and 3DS Eshops, so yeah it could get much worse). Copy one of the best, change a few things to differentiate yourself and voila a huge improvement. It looks so much better now.

The problem with your comparison pic is you didn't use the XBL store. It looks like a complete rip of what you get when you go into the game store tab.

All I want is speed. The store needs to load when I open not have a bunch of loading icons for each graphic. Speed should have been there number 1 priority. Hopefully they've done that.

Also, has anyone noticed that they removed the Playstation branding? It now just says store. Interesting, getting ready for Gaikai?

Good catch.

Why only 'big countries' have a Store? What's wrong with my Euro (I'm from Malta)? - Sony doesn't like my money?

I find it strange, since I have no problem using Steam, Google Play or App Store with a legitimate account!

I think they roll them out based on importance. US, Japan, Western EU countries first, then developing countries, BRIC minus China, and so forth. PS just announced Argentina and Chile are getting local store in the first trimester of 2013 and Peru and Colombia in the second half. So they are getting to it, slowly but surely lol.

Not sure how the 3 you mentioned have rolled out so quickly in Malta. AFAIK Steam just released in Brazil (using Brazilian currency and whatnot) and Brazil is a bigger market than Malta.

meta4

Yep, very very similar. But again, it's not like it could have gotten worse than what we had(actually I forgot about the Wiiware and 3DS Eshops, so yeah it could get much worse). Copy one of the best, change a few things to differentiate yourself and voila a huge improvement. It looks so much better now.

The problem with your comparison pic is you didn't use the XBL store. It looks like a complete rip of what you get when you go into the game store tab.

lol

BibiMaghoo

It's lost its identity and become an Xbox.

This saddens me in principle. It looks ok though. Can't say I ever had a problem with how it looked and was used anyway though.

sleepykyo

There is no getting away from the whole appStore/iPad friendly design is there? eg. Metro, new PSN store, new Hulu design, etc.

Prezhulio

as long as the search works (better than showing me 1000 results of trailers and dlc in front of the game i'm actually looking for) and it's a little faster, i welcome any change to the ps store.

androvsky

You're talking about a separate view to what's already available? Or you didn't know about the download history section?

I like the new look.

Currently the download history is a raw dump of everything you've ever downloaded on the gaming side of the store. Many people would like the ability to sort that history into games, demos, wallpapers, trailers, etc. That way, you wouldn't have to scroll through literally thousands of downloads for that one item that's no longer listed on the store. It could also serve as a nice reminder that you own certain games that you might have deleted for whatever reason years ago.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Looks much closer to video unlimited beta on ps3 IMO

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/27/video-unlimited-preview-coming-to-playstation-3/

Matter of fact, I think the beta helped them work out some kinks before rolling out the game store. Wonder how integrated the two will be?

Also, I like that on metro you can directly play the game with one click of the button from the store, not sure the ps3 store will support that.

Yep. In that video they said it would replace the current video store. So I think the game store and video store could be two different icons in the future?

Respawn

Banned
Currently the download history is a raw dump of everything you've ever downloaded on the gaming side of the store. Many people would like the ability to sort that history into games, demos, wallpapers, trailers, etc. That way, you wouldn't have to scroll through literally thousands of downloads for that one item that's no longer listed on the store. It could also serve as a nice reminder that you own certain games that you might have deleted for whatever reason years ago.

Ahh gotcha. Makes good sense.

Sid

it really does. they really need to streamline all this stuff, make a "sony store" that has games/movies/music sections.
I think they are doing that notice how it just says 'store' on the top left and not the 'playstation store'.

RobertM

They better fucking address the lack of preview content ( videos and screenshots) because it's ridiculous that some games have preview and most dont. Even the fucking japanese store has more preview content and they even have screenahots in the description, c'mon. People are skipping on smaller games because they have no idea what they are, that's too fucking obvious you should have that stuff.

Carl

Alreay confirmed in this very thread that download list search and sort functions are coming (though not confirmed for day 1)

Is this going to fix download speeds at all? Damn thing still takes hours to download a gigabyte or two. Meanwhile I can download similar sized games on Steam in minutes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
8077705110_3f5a9dfc82_o.jpg

8077704844_1710c47b44_o.jpg

8077713761_90bba4cd2b_o.jpg

Do you have a ps3?there were ads on the store before too,the people you are talking about are against ads on the XMB.

Sorry, wasn't up on my "when it's not ok to complain about ads" (that coincidentally matches whatever Sony does) handbook.

Noi

All I want for Christmas is a revamped download list. Sony pls.

So wheres all those who were so bitterly against ads? Isn't there ads on this?

There's a difference between ads that promote games/products within the ecosystem and World of Warcraft/Old Spice ads on your game console.

Where from, Wario?

I really do like it, but I cant blame people for comparing it to XBL. I mean, even the non capitalization of the font is 360-like.

I do like the slick black, but I wish they retained a more PlayStation feel with the blue and waves. Something to make it clear that it is PlayStation.

I think the biggest thing going forward is to make PSN a brandname. This definitely helps, but they need to distinguish themselves from MS. Hoping Sony retains the XMB for PS4.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Where from, Wario?

I really do like it, but I cant blame people for comparing it to XBL. I mean, even the non capitalization and font is 360-like.

I do like the slick black, but I wish they retained a more PlayStation feel with the blue and waves. Something to make it clear that it is PlayStation.

US PS Blog. Note that RE5Gold is free PS+ too

Loudninja

US PS Blog. Note that RE5Gold is free PS+ too
+ Morgan Haro on October 11th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:
No, that’s likely a screenshot from a different region; likely EU. The NA Store will of course sport the new look and design and functionality, but to be clear, those screens may not reflect pricing on products as they pertain to NA.

Top Bottom