• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reveals new PSN store

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The keyboard is terrible (enjoy your DS3s :p), but given how the filter works you only need to enter 3 or 4 letters to get to what you want so no big deal.

microtubule

The PS Store has certainly come a long way:

7zfPz.jpg

Yes it has!

Glad to see the store improving!

Mik_Pad

Banned
The keyboard is terrible (enjoy your DS3s :p), but given how the filter works you only need to enter 3 or 4 letters to get to what you want so no big deal.
The onscreen keyboard is a pain to use as it is this isnt much better either but as you said thanks for the search filters and the fact it updates as you type a new letter is much better.

Carl

The onscreen keyboard is a pain to use as it is this isnt much better either but as you said thanks for the search filters and the fact it updates as you type a new letter is much better.

I dunno, i can type pretty quickly on the onscreen keyboard

Robso

Haven't watched the video yet, but did they show the US Store or the EU store? RE 5 Gold Edition is already available for european PS+ subscribers.

US. Sony say it was just an example though. Could just be trying to keep it under wraps... I guess.

Loudninja

PS blog comments

About RE5
+ Morgan Haro on October 11th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

No, that’s likely a screenshot from a different region; likely EU. The NA Store will of course sport the new look and design and functionality, but to be clear, those screens may not reflect pricing on products as they pertain to NA.

+ Morgan Haro on October 11th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

We know that searching the “My Downloads” list is important to a lot of you guys. Because the new PlayStation Store is built on HTML 5, it gives us the flexibility to seamlessly add new features and capabilities, so there is certainly potential to look at this more closely. But for Day One, the download list functionality will be as is. But we’re aware of the improvement opportunity here.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-coming-october-23rd/comment-page-4/#comments

Store looks nice as hell but that new keyboard is terrible.

Should have been more like the Youtube app: you can scroll, but it has predictive text as well as the instant results (which Sony has now, but the predictive text isn't there)

The YT app scroller is surprisingly good as it can predict the text and have it rightly available to fill in, making the typing faster. Surprised the store doesn't have that

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, I dislike the new search. Spinning through the alphabet seems slower than the on-screen keyboard.

I wonder if they changed it for inputting passwords too.

I think its slower on purpose so that it has time to populate auto suggestions. Cynical, but possible.

nice new look. video is solid. cant stand HHG though

Ditto on all three.

Not bad overall. And I like that it auto adds to cart easily. Do you really have to hit left all the way past all those screens to get back to the categories? No "home" shortcut?

jayb

... Do you really have to hit left all the way past all those screens to get back to the categories? No "home" shortcut?

I'm hoping triangle will make you jump back to the categories. that'll suck if we have to scroll back.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I think its slower on purpose so that it has time to populate auto suggestions. Cynical, but possible.

Ditto on all three.

Not bad overall. And I like that it auto adds to cart easily. Do you really have to hit left all the way past all those screens to get back to the categories? No "home" shortcut?
Maybe with the Triangle button it will scroll all the way back or something since it says it is the menu command button.

kassatsu

Banned
They have had video ads on the current store before too. Jojos BA had one on the japanese store a few weeks back.

Nothing as nice as that though.

I remember that video. Sad that sony didn't expand on this.

That looks pretty similar to the nxe with kinect, but instead of saying xbox bing ______ you would say something else for the ps3/psv to search the store. The kicker here is that on ps3 you would need a microphone and how many people really have a microphone with them? It works on singstar because you have to have a mike to sing.

Mik_Pad

Banned
That looks pretty similar to the nxe with kinect, but instead of saying xbox bing ______ you would say something else for the ps3/psv to search the store. The kicker here is that on ps3 you would need a microphone and how many people really have a microphone with them? It works on singstar because you have to have a mike to sing.
It could work with the PSEye or the mic on the headset.

edgefusion

Did he improve or still is spreading bullshit as he used to ?

I don't know what bullshit you're talking about as this is my first exposure to Hiphop gamer, but from some of the stuff he says it doesn't sound like he's particularly well informed. He's funny to watch though, mainly because it's hilarious how hyped up he is for a new store design.

Edit: Just as an example, his mind is totally blown that you can play PSone games on PS3, PSP and Vita with one purchase. Functionality that's always been available.

Raistlin

I hope they've added a shopping cart API that's accessible to devs for in-game purchases.

Making a mass purchase of Rockband DLC has got to be one of the most infuriatingly terrible UI experiences I've had on a console.

KissVibes

Banned
Does this update also include requiring all PSN games to have demos like on the Xbox 360? Because that's still the biggest issue I have with the PlayStation Store compared to the Xbox Live Marketplace and one that I think is grossly overlooked.

Top Bottom