• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Channel prolly not coming to Wii because Sega are nasty poopheads.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Ok, as someone who missed out on this, someone explain this game to me. I'm confused :lol :lol Is it a dancing game?

8bit

Knows the Score
I'd be happy with a port of the PS2 Special edition version, I've loved Part 2 since originally playing through it on the DC.

Nolan.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Where is Shenmue 1+2 pack for Wii. Imagine being able to use the wii-mote to search through the drawers and cupboards and QTE...

Well... I guess i'd buy it if it meant a sequel, potentially.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hmm... why? The controls won't benefit from the pointer, it's too slow and small motions would probably lead to be too inaccurate for this game.

pulga

Banned
jj984jj said:
Hmm... why? The controls won't benefit from the pointer, it's too slow and small motions would be inaccurate for this game.

I'd quote your tag, but I guess that's been done too many times before, so I won't.

bdouble

At this rate I might never need to get a Dreamcast.

Samba, SC5, HOTD keep them coming but maybe do some graphical enhancements.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
pulga said:
I'd quote your tag, but I guess that's been done too many times before, so I won't.
I just don't see why people are so excited for this port. Dolby Pro Logic II support? Yippie?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
jj984jj said:
Hmm... why? The controls won't benefit from the pointer, it's too slow and small motions would probably lead to be too inaccurate for this game.

SC5 is not about "pointing" or "small motions".

It's about ridiculously, fabulously, stylishly waggling all over the place! (and lovin' every second of it)

This is the game the Wii was made for.

Okay, huge music/rhythm and DC fan here, loved Samba, imported ver. 2000, loved the hell out of Rez.

For those who haven't played it: compared to Samba and Rez...hell, compared to Lumines, SC5 is meh. Mizuguchi's least of the three. It's fun enough to warrant an XBLA or Virtual Console download, but an entire game purchase again? Nope. It might be worth a 20 dollar budget game IF they include SC5II in there.

wsippel

Banned
jj984jj said:
I just don't see why people are so excited for this port. Dolby Pro Logic II support? Yippie?
The music is stereo only, and even 48kHz is better than CD quality, so who cares?

jj984jj said:
You know when people, especially Wii people complain that the game should be on the Wii?

This is just as annoying.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
So it looks like every character in Sega Superstars Tennis has a sequel/remake announced. Except..

729kmu1.jpg

6y4gneq.jpg

731juxy.jpg

:D

jarrod

Banned
brain_stew said:
Since Smilebit were disbanded a long time ago that aint happening. :(
The core team's still intact, they're just working under Nagoshi now (making the Yazuka series).

Always loved SC5. Didn't get to play part 2 until the PS2 edition, and it's even better than part 1.

This makes a lot of sense, just like Samba, Bass Fishing and HOTD, so maybe Sega will see how much sense spray-painting with the Wiimote makes and give us another JSR.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Daytona USA next please.

I'd ask that they don't foul up the steering by putting it on the Wiimote, but after the foul up they made of the DC's analogue stick steering I'm not convinced it could be any worse than that.

Jammy

Banned
Holy shit if this is true! Sega is having a love affair with the Wii.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Samba de Amigo
Sega Superstars Tennis
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sega Bass Fishing

...among others. o_O It really is Dreamcast 2.

schuelma

Jammy said:
Holy shit if this is true! Sega is having a love affair with the Wii.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Samba de Amigo
Sega Superstars Tennis
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sega Bass Fishing

...among others. o_O It really is Dreamcast 2.

I would add though that Sega has yet to really jump in and go all out (except for NiGHTS perhaps). They're playing it pretty conservative- HotD, Samba, Sega Bass Fishing, and now SC5 are remakes/ports that probably don't represent a huge investment.

I'd buy a port, I like SC5.

Widescreen would be awesome but they can't use the prerendered 4:3 video backgrounds. Actually, it would be great if they could get rid of the prerendered backgrounds because they look like ass.

Jammy said:
o_O It really is Dreamcast 2.

More like Dreamcast 1.5.

It would be nice to see more sequels and fewer remakes. Actually, it would be great to see both.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Panzer Dragoon and Jet Set Radio come to the Wii, if done well.

Jammy

Banned
schuelma said:
I would add though that Sega has yet to really jump in and go all out (except for NiGHTS perhaps). They're playing it pretty conservative- HotD, Samba, Sega Bass Fishing, and now SC5 are remakes/ports that probably don't represent a huge investment.

Very true, but I'm just glad Sega remembers what they once had not so long ago and realizes that the Wii is the perfect system for it.

I'm expecting Sega to go "all out" later, once they finish counting all the money they got from Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. :lol

schuelma

Bebpo said:
I wonder what their source is since this was one of the fakes from tuesday's famitsu thread on 2ch.

ruh roh

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Would be cool although I thought Mizguchi didn't seem to allude to any new SC5 in his interview with GameLife recently. Having the Wii turn into DC2 would more than fulfill all my hardcore gaming needs. Hope we get more quality new IPs though, or at least full-fledged sequels. Maybe these releases can fund that.

Top Bottom