• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Channel prolly not coming to Wii because Sega are nasty poopheads.

MisterHero

Ainaurdur said:
We are forgetting an important one, at least nobody mentioned yet. After this, in addition to Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon we need...

PSO!
YES. Remakes of 1,2, Blue Burst's 4 (and most if not all the DL missions) and maybe a new community built around Episode 5. :D

jarrod

Banned
Ainaurdur said:
We are forgetting an important one, at least nobody mentioned yet. After this, in addition to Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon we need...

PSO!
I'm actually surprised Wii didn't get a PSU release yet...

ethelred said:
T minus 5 until D flips her lid.

Lids cannot be flipped, as this cannot be real. :(

But if it were true: FAB-U-LOUS, SPACE CATS.

If this is ever confirmed for, like, reals then I'll be breaking out the bubbly and THE ULTIMATE REPORTER!

evila.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
If this is ever confirmed for, like, reals then I'll be breaking out the bubbly and THE ULTIMATE REPORTER!

Well, if Samba does well, this wouldn't be out of the question, would it?

fresquito

MobiusPigeon said:
why do you guys get hyped for old games with a fresh coat of wiimote paint? wouldnt you rather have something completely new? bah.
Seeing how well DC sold, you must keep in mind that these titles are new for many.

nightside

MobiusPigeon said:
why do you guys get hyped for old games with a fresh coat of wiimote paint? wouldnt you rather have something completely new? bah.

if we're talking about great games..why not?

i mean..there are plenty of people that unzip their fly just earing "FFVII" and "remake"

eve241

doomed1 said:
i'm crossing my fingers for Panzer Dragoon

No no no no no. Please guys don't give them ideas about a PD game on the Wii. PD is better served by 1080p and lush graphics. As much as I am NOT a graphic whore PD has always been a series with great graphics and should remain that way.

Endow said:
No no no no no. Please guys don't give them ideas about a PD game on the Wii. PD is better served by 1080p and lush graphics. As much as I am NOT a graphic whore PD has always been a series with great graphics.
Look at your damn icon man. Zwei and Saga may have pushed the Saturn, but the PS1 was doing much prettier stuff from a technical standpoint by then. Orta is the only Panzer Dragoon game that was truly a sight to behold. The lock on aiming with lasers would be the shit with IR. Wii is a perfect fit for the series.

eve241

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Look at your damn icon man. Zwei and Saga may have pushed the Saturn, but the PS1 was doing much prettier stuff from a technical standpoint by then. Orta is the only Panzer Dragoon game that was truly a sight to behold. The lock on aiming with lasers would be the shit with IR. Wii is a perfect fit for the series.

All PD Saturn games were graphical achievements when they came out.PD games could compete with most high end (graphically) PSX games released at the same time.

Ainaurdur

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Ye make me think of the possibilities of an all new Space Harrier for Wii. It'd be a delicate task, but it could end up being good, maybe?
Please?

Endow said:
All PD Saturn games were graphical achievements when they came out.PD games could compete with most high end (graphically) PSX games released at the same time.
Can't say I agree. Resident Evil and Crash Bandicoot were released the same year as Zwei, and Resident Evil 2, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve and Spyro the same year as Saga. Like I said, Zwei and Saga were good for the Saturn, but the PS1 had much more consistent 3-D graphics. I'm a big fan of the PD series, but even at the time the technical disparity was pretty apparent. The main thing the games had going for them graphically was fantastic art direction.

Furoba

Nuclear Muffin said:
Where is Shenmue 1+2 pack for Wii. Imagine being able to use the wii-mote to search through the drawers and cupboards and QTE...

That's actually not too far fetched. Porting the series to Wii wouldn't cost Sega as much as would remaking it for next-gen. They could finish up work on part three too.

Make it happen Sega!

Heh. What I'm hoping is that the various ports/remakes Sega are bringing to the system - Ghost Squad, HotD Returns, Samba de Amigo, Bass Fishing - are not just quick cash-ins but part of a plan to build an audience on the system for new games in those genres.

Eteric Rice

Endow said:
No no no no no. Please guys don't give them ideas about a PD game on the Wii. PD is better served by 1080p and lush graphics. As much as I am NOT a graphic whore PD has always been a series with great graphics and should remain that way.

Shush HD whore. -_-

:p

MobiusPigeon said:
Gotta take Sega's good Dreamcast-era franchises where you can. They sure don't want to make them on their own.

jarrod

Banned
Endow said:
Orta bankrupted Smilebit the first time around, I doubt they wanna go through *that* again... though with a platform exclusive Yakuza Kenzan, they might anyway. :lol

Hell, I'd take a quickie Orta Wiimake though... seems pretty risk free given the assets and design are basically all in place, it'd just be a matter of getting a small team on engine and interface conversion. Might be a good springboard for testing the waters and bringing Panzer back full tilt too.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Penguin said:
Well that would be good.

I am hoping a sequel to Skies of Arcadia. :D

I was just thinking the other day that even though Skies bombed, maybe with all the pirate hooplah stirred up by the Pirates of the Carribean movies, Sega would reconsider shelving the idea of making a sequel for it...

I would love motion control SC5 too.

karasu

Haunted One said:
That's so sad. :/

Oh man, I know opinions and all.. but fuck you.

You know it's true. I loved the hell out of the Saturn & the Dreamcast, but there weren't very many others who did. I don't know why everybody is getting all excited about this shit NOW when they didn't care ten or twelve years ago.

nofi said:
You know it's going to be Chu Chu Rocket.

I am mastercating furiously just at the thought of that happening.

And lets add in some Panzer Dragoon too. I said this when Wii first came out, pretty much every good Sega game should be given a new chance on Wii.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
While they may or may not be a graphical disaster on the wii, i completely support SEGAs attempts to revive their glory days (DC and before) by releasing these games. Never played them on the DC, maybe I'll get a chance now. A shame that we can't get DC on the VC and just skip all the is-it-a-port-or-not debate.

Alphahawk

I would be excited except that I suck at Space Channel 5 as I am white and thus have no rythym. But I will say this is a good move on Sega's part...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Sega is denying it:

German magazine N-Zone broke the story, going on to say that SEGA has gone as far as licensing several Michael Jackson tracks for Ulala to bust some moves to. If true, the game would follow other SEGA franchises such as Nights and Samba de Amigo, which are also being revived on the Wii.

A SEGA spokesperson denied the validity of the story, so for the time being it is merely the whisper of a rumour. However, Space Channel 5 on Wii does make a snug fit and if any more concrete details emerge we'll post them here. Or in the words of our babel-fish translation of the German article - as soon as us closer information is present to space Channel 5 for Wii, read their it naturally here.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847656p1.html

Blablurn

Dragona Akehi said:

evila.jpg

and by posting that pic in that context you admit, that you have no soul?
(dont ban me now :p )

If this is for real, then SC5 part 3 is not far away. ooooh.. you favoutite game of mine besides shenmue <3

eve241

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Can't say I agree. Resident Evil and Crash Bandicoot were released the same year as Zwei, and Resident Evil 2, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve and Spyro the same year as Saga. Like I said, Zwei and Saga were good for the Saturn, but the PS1 had much more consistent 3-D graphics. I'm a big fan of the PD series, but even at the time the technical disparity was pretty apparent. The main thing the games had going for them graphically was fantastic art direction.

The art style is indeed a big part of the beauty of the games and I'll agree that the human models in particular are not as detailed in the PD games as in the games you've mentioned but then again : 1 -the real main character and the one with most screen time in PD is the dragon really; 2- Saga had more human models in-game than most of those games because of it's RPG nature even though in the great scheme of things they only amounted to a fraction of the gameplay experience and therefore weren't as detailed. Not to mention the RE games and Parasite Eve had pre-rendered backgrounds.Human models aside though I can't really agree with you, but then again I think it's a bit subjective specially when you talk about 10+ years old games.

Eteric Rice said:
Shush HD whore. -_-

:p

In all fairness I don't own any of the current generation consoles so I'm not exactly used to HD :p But I think you can agree PDOrta wouldn't be the same played on a PS2 back when it was released in 2002/3.

jarrod said:
Orta bankrupted Smilebit the first time around, I doubt they wanna go through *that* again... though with a platform exclusive Yakuza Kenzan, they might anyway.

Hell, I'd take a quickie Orta Wiimake though... seems pretty risk free given the assets and design are basically all in place, it'd just be a matter of getting a small team on engine and interface conversion. Might be a good springboard for testing the waters and bringing Panzer back full tilt too.

You're saying Smilebit bankrupted after Orta but as a second-party developer and since PD is a Sega IP wasn't all the money coming from Sega, the publisher? I have no idea how this financial stuff goes so bare with me please. Regardless I'm sure Gun Valkyrie (and JSRF even?) had a greater impact.

As for a Wiimake I'm afraid it would only make sense in a "bring back PD to the attention of videogame consumers" scenario but with strong marketing backing it up. The game is good, everyone knows that, but unless it was meant to (really) sell this time (this of course as a test to a possible PD sequel) I wouldn't see the point in a Wiimake.

I'd actually be more interested (as far as remakes go of which I'm not particularly a fan) in a Saga Wiimake if it was well done and well planned (by well done I mean adapting the art style to current gen consoles and not re-imagine it like with Orta; sure the game aesthetic feel was in part due to some of the Saturn limitations but Orta's art style seriously let me down as a big PD fan). A Wiimake because of it's massive userbase though, not because of the actual advantages that the console might have (Wiimote...).

The 360 would be my choice for a PD sequel (good graphics and substantially higher userbase as of right now when compared with the PS3; ps : PD game in a playstation console = heresy PD Sega Ages not withstanding btw :p) but the japanese don't seem to like it...

Haunted

schuelma said:
Sega is denying it:

German magazine N-Zone broke the story, going on to say that SEGA has gone as far as licensing several Michael Jackson tracks for Ulala to bust some moves to. If true, the game would follow other SEGA franchises such as Nights and Samba de Amigo, which are also being revived on the Wii.

A SEGA spokesperson denied the validity of the story, so for the time being it is merely the whisper of a rumour.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847656p1.html
nooooo!

I've still got hope, though.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Nuclear Muffin said:
Where is Shenmue 1+2 pack for Wii. Imagine being able to use the wii-mote to search through the drawers and cupboards and QTE...

Sega!! LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!

LISTEN RIGHT NOW!!!!

Innotech

Banned
Alaluef said:
OP and/or thread title should be updated, it's giving people false hope.
we got niGHTS2. If that game could come to be, just about anything is possible.
Especially with a Sega that is starving for some real hits (aside from Mario and sonic)

Top Bottom