• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Channel prolly not coming to Wii because Sega are nasty poopheads.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
I wonder what their source is since this was one of the fakes from tuesday's famitsu thread on 2ch.
8694enr.gif

KevinCow

Banned
What was so special about Space Channel 5? I only played a little bit of it, but from what I played it just seemed like a shitty Simon Says clone with shitty characters and shitty music.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
It's possible this is a fake- the translation of the article seems vague as hell.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
KevinCow said:
What was so special about Space Channel 5? I only played a little bit of it, but from what I played it just seemed like a shitty Simon Says clone with shitty characters and shitty music.
What a shitty post.

KevinCow

Banned
Shig said:
What a shitty post.
Maybe. But like I said, I only played it for a little bit. I managed to lose interest in less than a few minutes. So if there's some magical hidden depth that makes it more than a shitty Simon Says clone, please do elaborate.

KingJ2002 said:
jet set radio would play pretty cool on a wiimote.

KingJ2002 said:

KingJ2002 said:

KingJ2002 said:

KingJ2002 said:

KingJ2002 said:

KingJ2002 said:

KingJ2002 said:

Keep it in mind, Sega !!!!!!!!!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
KevinCow said:
Maybe. But like I said, I only played it for a little bit. I managed to lose interest in less than a few minutes. So if there's some magical hidden depth that makes it more than a shitty Simon Says clone, please do elaborate.

It's the coolest, grooviest, most soulful Simon Says clone evar! If that's not enough for you, I'm sad for you.

The Hermit

Dascu said:
Wii = Dreamcast 2?

If we get Panzer Dragoon , JSR and a decent Sonic game ... well yes.

If we also get Shemnue 3, then it will officially be the best Sega console ever.:D

EDIT: :lol @Erro´s reply

schuelma

Yeah...starting to think they just got this from 2ch given the Wired interview from yesterday.

Actually, music games like this and Samba are some of the few games that I think actually could benefit from Wii Waggle.

But to work right, it would have to involve a Wii mote in each hand:

Left, Right, Left, Right, Shoot, Shoot Shoot!

wsippel

Banned
schuelma said:
Yeah...starting to think they just got this from 2ch given the Wired interview from yesterday.
N-Zone says Sega is their source. And many Sega news seem to come from Germany for some strange reason.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
EternalGamer said:
Actually, music games like this and Samba are some of the few games that I think actually could benefit from Wii Waggle.

But to work right, it would have to involve a Wii mote in each hand:

Left, Right, Left, Right, Shoot, Shoot Shoot!

Yup, it's perfect for the Wii. Simple port and fix up the controls. It's something only Sega could fuck up.

Just kidding Segata.

schuelma

wsippel said:
N-Zone says Sega is their source. And many Sega news seem to come from Germany for some strange reason.

Is that what the article says? All I have is the stupid google translate since I nearly failed German in college.

wsippel

Banned
schuelma said:
Gearbox does Samba de Amigo. Why would Sega even need Mizuguchi to remake SC5...?

Stitch

Gold Member
KevinCow said:

leave now... and never come back!

icecream

Public Health Threat
Bebpo said:
I wonder what their source is since this was one of the fakes from tuesday's famitsu thread on 2ch.
Exactly what I was going to say. Some news about a 1/2 remake bundle. I hope they didn't get it from there.

Stitch

Gold Member
Publisher Sega werkelt derzeit an einem Remake zu diesem Musik- und Tanzspiel für Wii, wie der japanische Publisher bekannt gegeben hat.
Publisher Sega announced that he is working on a remake [...] for wii
Bislang hat der Publisher lediglich bestätigt, dass die Wii-Fassung über lizenzierte Musikstücke von der Pop-Ikone Michael Jackson verfügt.
The publisher confirmed that the wii version will have licensed musictracks from pop-icon michael jackson.

well, something like that

d+pad

if this and Samba Wii compare to the Dreamcast originals, I'll die a happy man.

Man, with these and Mario & Sonic and the upcoming Superstars Tennis game, Sega actually seems to be coming out of its slump! Let's hope it sticks...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Burai said:
Daytona USA next please.

I'd ask that they don't foul up the steering by putting it on the Wiimote, but after the foul up they made of the DC's analogue stick steering I'm not convinced it could be any worse than that.
If it's the original arcade versions of Daytona 1 and 2, I'll be there with you, brah. :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wario64 said:
Space Channel 5 coming back = fuck yeah

Going on Wii with probably waggle = fuck nooooooooo

Fuck you Wario! Waggle would make this game so much more entertaining. Did you ever play the last minigame in WarioWare where you do the dancing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVsfc3JXzt0

Yeah, that shit was awesome. Having a full game built around that (aka Space Channel 5) would fit the Wii like a goddamn glove.

KingJ2002 said:
first samba now space channel 5... what's next... crazy taxi?

Not joking but it was one of the first things I thought when the Wii was revealed. Using the remote as a spray can, shaking it up to build up the pressure, the speaker making the widget noise, the trigger as the nozzle, it barely needs any thought, just for Sega not to mess it up.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Not joking but it was one of the first things I thought when the Wii was revealed. Using the remote as a spray can, shaking it up to build up the pressure, the speaker making the widget noise, the trigger as the nozzle, it barely needs any thought, just for Sega not to mess it up.

That sounds fun the first five times and then irritating as hell for the next thousand times that you have to do it.

Jet Set Radio would suck on Wii.

There was R&D for a Ecko Getting Up game but never surfaced, guess they got scared by the casual thing.

fresquito

beermonkey@tehbias said:
That sounds fun the first five times and then irritating as hell for the next thousand times that you have to do it.
I don't see how it would be more irritating than pressing buttons.

Haunted

Visualante said:
Jet Set Radio would suck on Wii.
You would suck on Wii.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Exactly. Jet Set Radio revival on Wii would be ace. Skating with the Nunchuk, spraying with the Wiimote = GOTY 200X.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
KevinCow said:
You're shitty.

giggas

Die Squirrel Die said:

I so thought pretty much the same exact thing. Lets not forget how cool it would be to draw a quick outline of the picture you're spraying. I hated that JSRF basically ditched that whole mechanic. Putting it back into the game with Wii controls... good god. I would buy that shit in a fucking heart beat. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. That is a fact.

Koren

- Samba de Amigo
- Space Channel 5
- Taiko game
- Game from Parappa original team
- INiS game (guitaroo man, ouendan)
- Guitar Hero 3
- Wii music

Wii = Nirvana for rhythm games fans like me ?

Bring Tecmo (I'm a huge fan of Unison) and I've everything I want ! Pretty unexpected, but wonderful (I bought PS3 partly because I expected many rhythm games to be there)

Ainaurdur

We are forgetting an important one, at least nobody mentioned yet. After this, in addition to Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon we need...

PSO!

Top Bottom