• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dude...this average picture of her says that she can be damn hot. Remember how beat up Nivia looked when they dragged her ass off at the end of season one.

New girl in average shot.
cynthia_addai-robinson2.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmm, she looks good there. i hope she looks damn hot on the show at some point.

EPIC!

when things went to high gear and the orchestra music kicked in. I was oh SHIT.

best episode so far this season

oh yeah that was disgusting how they got in

Naevia part deux sucks. Horrible pouting, uncontrollable person.

Older and wiser naevia is sorely missed.

lesley-ann-brandt.jpg
+one hundred thousand trillion.

Dude...this average picture of her says that she can be damn hot. Remember how beat up Nivia looked when they dragged her ass off at the end of season one.

New girl in average shot.
cynthia_addai-robinson2.jpg

LOL at it taking 5 episodes for a good Spartacus episode to show up. Loved tonight. Something the rest of the season can build on. Heck, even the new Nivia was looking better.
well maybe they'll let her get herself together and stop crying from now on.

Every time she's been on camera, she's either crying or screaming. Not a good look.

Munin

Great episode but I am amazed that despite the show's continued success they apparently still have to operate on a shoestring budget as far as CG goes...

My God what a great episode. The last 20 minutes were so gooooooood.

Oh, and Gannicus REALLY looked like 94-98 era HBK in the shots after getting it on with that "questionable woman" right before leaving the room. I mean, I saw the resemblance before, but it was really apparent there.

985boi

Fuck that was a great episode. Shouldn't have watched it before bedtime.

“I am for wine. And the embrace of questionable women."

Fucking Gannicus with the awesome ass line.

Pkaz01

best episode since the season 1 finale shit was soo awesome. I cheered and laughed my ass off when spartacus threw the spear. With all the shit going on around him he still said fuck you. Got him the same way as he did in season 1 episode 1.

Joni

Okay, best episode of the series for me. Even the season 1 finale can't measure up to this in my book. And Glaber is now top notch. Too bad nobody has said anything about the possibility that Spartacus is the father of Ilythea's baby.

Drazgul

Heh guess the rebel gladiators are badass enough to ignore the infections from that filthy sewage water.
Crixus especially was banged up enough to pretty much guarantee death. :p

Pkaz01

Okay, best episode of the series for me. Even the season 1 finale can't measure up to this in my book. And Glaber is now top notch. Too bad nobody has said anything about the possibility that Spartacus is the father of Ilythea's baby.

I think Lucrieta definitely suspects that it was from spartacus, thats why i think she wants to keep it alive so she can use it against him or something.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Awesome episode, one of the best, maybe even the best.

I do found it weird that they killed hundreds of innocent people to save the life of two men. Oh well, that's the Spartacus way I guess :p

Yobalt

I do found it weird that they killed hundreds of innocent people to save the life of two men. Oh well, that's the Spartacus way I guess :p
Well, they were spectators to a gladiator fight so I could understand why Spartacus didn't care about them.:p

Joni

On the other hand, they are 'Roman' scumbags. They came to watch the execution of Spartacus' troops so they weren't really his supporters. He isn't cared a single bit about the free people of the Roman empire.

On the other hand, they are 'Roman' scumbags. They came to watch the execution of Spartacus' troops so they weren't really his supporters. He isn't cared a single bit about the free people of the Roman empire.

Bingo.

Plus lettuce throwing = reason enough for their demise.

Pkaz01

Aren't they the ones beginning Glaber and Seppius to kill spartacus and bring him to die in the arena? I can understand why he doesn't give a shit lol.

Zeliard

As the great Maximus Decimus Meridius once said, "fuck the mob."

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Awesome, awesome episode! So. Fucking. Good.

How the fuck has this show not fallen off after 3 seasons? Most shows dip in quality after a while but this one has managed to stay afloat consistently since episode 4 of the very first season. I've seen A LOT of great shows, and this level of consistency is truly rare, trust me.

A+ episode. Easily. Cannot wait for next week.

Great episode, though the sfx shots of the
crowds falling
were kinda horrible and made me laugh everytime they showed it on screen.

Watching this show, I'm starting to pick up that "absent phrase", I want to use it in real life. Like:

"sword absent edge"

"fight absent plan"

"fuck absent regard to pleasing woman"

It should be a new meme.
Yes! And also "Gratitude" and "Purpose". Absolutely LOVE the way this show uses those simple words. Haha!

Dahbomb

GOD DAMN... that episode could've been good enough to be a season finale.

EASILY one of the best episode in all of Spartacus and the best episode in this season by a long shot. Genuinely epic and thrilling from start to finish.

Munin

Awesome, awesome episode! So. Fucking. Good.

How the fuck has this show not fallen off after 3 seasons? Most shows dip in quality after a while but this one has managed to stay afloat consistently since episode 4 of the very first season. I've seen A LOT of great shows, and this level of consistency is truly rare, trust me.

Honestly before this episode I felt the show was a bit lost this season.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Honestly before this episode I felt the show was a bit lost this season.
Really? Episode 2 and 3 were some of the best in the series. Period. Combine that with tonights episode, and that's three A/A+ episodes out of 5. I'd hardly call that lost.

You can't expect every episode to have the quality of a series finale like last night. GoTA and B&S didn't even have that standard.

Recon

Banned
Really? Episode 2 and 3 were some of the best in the series. Period. Combine that with tonights episode, and that's three A/A+ episodes out of 5. I'd hardly call that lost.

You can't expect every episode to have the quality of a series finale like last night. GoTA and B&S didn't even have that standard.

The episodes have been pretty good this season. But honestly, it is only the second season of the main story. So the writers havnt had much time to completely fuck anything up. Also, the first 4-5 episodes of Season 1 were pretty bad. So it has had some rough parts.

demented

Apart from that lol CGI this episode was AMAAAAAAAAAZING, fucking loved it and can't wait for next one!

Scene when Spartacus comes
out of sewers, so good.

The episodes have been pretty good this season. But honestly, it is only the second season of the main story. So the writers havnt had much time to completely fuck anything up. Also, the first 4-5 episodes of Season 1 were pretty bad. So it has had some rough parts.
Episode four of B&S was The Thing In The Pit, which was an awesome episode. Only the very first episode was pretty bad, after that it became better after every episode, and it never lost its quality after episode four.

Recon

Banned
Episode four of B&S was The Thing In The Pit, which was an awesome episode. Only the very first episode was pretty bad, after that it became better after every episode, and it never lost its quality after episode four.

I wasnt sure at what point it got better. I just remember it being bad for several. And the first episode is not the only bad one. I know I am not alone in that opinion. With that said, it has been only various degrees of great since then.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You nailed it. There hasn't been a bad episode since the first 3.

Every episode since The Pit has varied between solid, good, and great.

Dennis

Banned
That place where they cut up the dead gladiators was nasty. DAT INTESTINE.

But yeah, great episode.

Props for transforming Glaber into a worthy villain.

I wonder where that one guy who seems to be the only lanista left in Capua gets such a steady supply of gladiators from. :lol

In reality, gladiators were a pretty huge investment so having one get killed was not something they wanted to happen. Its why gladiators where pretty fat instead of ripped as fuck as in this show, that way they could have superficial wounds which looked pretty spectacular but werent really that threatening to the gladiators health.

Still, cant complain because the show wouldn't be as fun if we saw fat guys fighting until one of them surrenders.

DieH@rd

Banned
Fantastic episode! I did not care much of CGI at the arena, this is a TV show that spends all of its money on glorious slowmotion shots of blood after all. :D

Yes! And also "Gratitude" and "Purpose". Absolutely LOVE the way this show uses those simple words. Haha!

gratitudee6lvb.jpg

^we need to start spreading this pic around the web

Weenerz

Banned
LOL at it taking 5 episodes for a good Spartacus episode to show up. Loved tonight. Something the rest of the season can build on. Heck, even the new Nivia was looking better.

They have all been good episodes, but by Jupiter's cock, last night episode was fucking great.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I was so into what was going on that the goofy effects didn't bother me at all.

This show is *so good*.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The bad CGI didn't bother me either. Even highly regarded and popular shows like Lost had some of the worst CGI ever. I've always had very little expectations for TV CGI.

[im]http://www.abload.de/img/gratitudee6lvb.jpg[/img]
^we need to start spreading this pic around the web
Oh yes!

Recon

Banned
Last nights episode got me thinking, who do you think will be the first "main" character to die? Obviously not spartacus until the end, but since they have shown to ignore historical deaths, I wonder which one. I would put money on Onemaues(?).

Joni

Last nights episode got me thinking, who do you think will be the first "main" character to die? Obviously not spartacus until the end, but since they have shown to ignore historical deaths, I wonder which one. I would put money on Onemaues(?).

I think from the five main fighters, Agron will be the first to go. Oenemaeus, Crixus and Gannicus seem to be too important. Agron's gay lover will also die considering the show's love for gay characters. So four from the six named fighters should be safe.

I have the feeling we'll see Ashur fall this season, and either Glaber or Varinius. At the moment I prefer if Varinius falls at the end of the season and Glaber lives to return next season with a full legion and with Crassus in his tow. But I have the feeling it will be Glaber that falls. Seppius' death should be a no-brainer, he has no meaning in this conflict.

oh yeah that was disgusting how they got in

Heh guess the rebel gladiators are badass enough to ignore the infections from that filthy sewage water.
Crixus especially was banged up enough to pretty much guarantee death. :p

Yea, this show seems to really ignore the effects of unsanitary conditions. In the first two episodes they were living in a sewer, and I could have sworn I saw characters washing their faces and drinking from the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom