• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

Season 2 wasn't really good and had many downright stupid things happening, to say nothing of the things I didn't want to happen (why kill Ashur?!). Having people that don't know a word of German speak modern German is grating as well, they're really butchering their lines. Could have taken the opportunity to have them speak an older Germanic tongue, you have to have subtitles for them, anyway.

The cool characters like Varro, Batiatus, Lucretia, Ilithyia, Ashur, Glaber, Oenomaus, even the creepy Roman fuck raping Naevia's friend are gone, stuck with new actors that I don't like (Spartacus+Naevia) or stuck with having to interact with said new actors (Crixus spends most of his time with Whinaevia, later Snarlaevia). And Crixus needs a haircut and behave like his I'm better than you persona from the first season again. He was such a cool opponent/uneasy ally. Gannicus as this sombre guy isn't nearly as good as he was at portraying a cocky party guy that had nothing to live for.

But gods damned those three new actresses are nice. Might watch for the boobies and to see the series end.

Joni

I was watching some small unknown Australian movie today, called X: Night of Vengeance starring Viva Bianca when I saw the second leading lady: Hanna Mangan Lawrence aka Seppia. So if anyone wants a fix of the two Spartacus ladies, you know what to watch.

Hanna_Mangan_Lawrence_Viva_Bianca.jpg

I was watching some small unknown Australian movie today, called X: Night of Vengeance starring Viva Bianca when I saw the second leading lady: Hanna Mangan Lawrence aka Seppia. So if anyone wants a fix of the two Spartacus ladies, you know what to watch.

Hanna_Mangan_Lawrence_Viva_Bianca.jpg

Wow. She's much hotter in this than Spartacus.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was pretty late to the party with Spartacus, but I'm finally caught up and I really enjoyed every season. With Blood and Sand the first 3 episodes were pretty sketchy for me, but the episode "In the Pits" was when the show really clicked. The series has so many good characters and with regards to Liam I thought he did fine. Tough situation trying to live up to Andy as well as the changing Spartacus character.

Can't wait for the next season. I love the increasing scale of the show from season to season.

- Starz To Launch Final Season Of ‘Spartacus’ On Jan. 25
Deadline.com said:
Starz decided in June to the end the run of its Spartacus franchise after this season and now has set a date for the debut of its final installment, Spartacus: War Of The Damned: Friday, January 25 at 9 PM. Liam McIntyre returns as the lead for the third season, which begins after the defeat of Roman commander Gaius Claudius Glaber as Spartacus and his legion of rebellion slaves expands.

methane47

Just watching the end of Season 2 (3) now... and ... NOooo ashur!!

I actually really liked him... to me he was one of the most interesting characters in the show...

ok let me continue watching

- Starz Eyes ‘Spartacus’ Spinoff Centered On Julius Caesar
Deadline.com said:
EXCLUSIVE: While Starz‘s drama Spartacus is heading into its final chapter with the upcoming Season 3, Spartacus: War Of The Damned, Starz may not be ready to close the book on the successful franchise. I’ve learned that there is talk about a potential Spartacus spinoff series centered on Roman leader Gaius Julius Caesar. The spinoff idea, which is in the nascent stages, is being shepherded by Spartacus executive producer Robert Tapert. Spartacus was the brain child of Tapert and creator/executive producer Steven DeKnight, who is busy with another project, the hot sci-fi drama Incursion, which is on fast-track development at Starz.

Caesar is being introduced on the upcoming third and final season of Spartacus, which premieres January 25. The character, played by Australian actor Todd Lasance, is adding star power and a formidable new nemesis for the famous gladiator despite the fact there is no hard evidence that Caesar actually was involved in the campaign to put down the Spartacus-led slave rebellion, as he is on the show. Spartacus: War Of The Damned could serve as a nice starting-off point for a spinoff as it features a young Caesar who is yet to begin his ascent toward ruling the Roman state.

- Spartacus: Stunts of the Damned
IGN presents an inside look at the stunt work behind Spartacus: War of the Damned.

Stars Liam McIntyre (Spartacus himself) and Dustin Clare (Gannicus), along with fight coordinator/stunt supervisor Allan Poppleton, will show you just how much bigger and badder the action in War of the Damned will be compared to past seasons through its use of Hong Kong Cinema, MMA, Hurracanranas and more.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. Please do it Starz.

Every season is worth watching, it is essential to watch them in the order they were released though. (Blood & Sand > Gods of the Arena > Vengeance)

Oh I thought Vengeance was next, fuck, I don't feel like going back to Walmart...*grumbles* let me find my keys.

Monocle

This trailer really reminded me just how many good characters died last season :/

I hope that they're able to introduce interesting new ones
I'm not counting on it. As the show has progressed, more of the best characters have been killed off, many of the surviving key players were reduced to neutered sidekicks, and the general quality has declined as the scale has expanded. Season 3 will have to match Season 1 or Gods of the Arena in terms of intrigue and intimate character-focused side stories to renew my interest.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Would love a Caesar spinoff, I'm a huge Roman history nerd and Spartacus has been my favorite show on television for quite some time (along with Rome!). Need moar Rome!!!!

I'm at 7th episode of S1 and I'm bit worried about having a new lead actor during the second season. I'll still watch it if not only for Xena.
Definitely watch the prequel (Gods of The Arena) before s2; basically if you like s1 you'll like the prequel no doubt.

S2 is good but quite different in some big ways; mainly, it's more action packed. The new Spartacus will take some time to get used to, but overall he's a good actor and plays the role well enough; IMO his biggest problem is that he's too intense and lacks the subtlety and vulnerability that Andy had in the role.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wait what, do they film certain shots on DSLR's or are they all only taking rapid fire stills?

They are using this setup from time to time to create "matrix slow motion" scenes, but because they are not shooting in a arc, they can shoot without green screens and virtual sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom