• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
They usually prepare sequence of still shots, and then stitch them together to make animated version.

That makes sense. Would be far higher quality that way and all. Does anyone know if any blockbuster or popular TV series/movie has ever been filmed using DSLR's?

Would love a Caesar spinoff, I'm a huge Roman history nerd and Spartacus has been my favorite show on television for quite some time (along with Rome!). Need moar Rome!!!!

I finished Dan carlan roman history podcast series.
And a Caesar spin off would be awesome. He came off as such a cool ccharacter in the podcast.

Man poor Oenomaus, I'm on part 5 of Spartacus Gods of the Arena. And
At first I could have forgiven his wife (well not really she started embracing Gannigas midfuck), but now this chick lusts for Gannigas and dreams of him?
Totally grounds for divorce in modern times.

Man poor Oenomaus, I'm on part 5 of Spartacus Gods of the Arena. And
At first I could have forgiven his wife (well not really she started embracing Gannigas midfuck), but now this chick lusts for Gannigas and dreams of him?
Totally grounds for divorce in modern times.

Yeah but c'mon, who would honestly throw Gannicus out of bed or deny his advances. The man is a goddamn dreamboat.

- Official trailer (youtube)

A few comments from James Hibberd:
Based on watching advance copies of the first two episodes of Spartacus: War of the Damned, the Starz franchise is coming back strong for its final season. Compelling new villains Marcus Crassus (Simon Merrells) and — hey, why not? — a young Julius Caesar (Todd Lasance) are fun additions, while star Liam McIntyre seems more confident and comfortable in the lead role for his second time around. Here’s the show’s latest trailer that tosses aside most of the intrigue for some good ‘ol bloody hack-and-slash. Rarrr!

Spent the whole day watching the entire season

I liked it and I think Liam did alright (Definitely had a weaker build than Andy imo). Hope the final season is a good one

Cautiously optimistic. My main interest in Spartacus was the intrigue and backstabbing, which was great in S1 and the prologue season. Last season had some of it as well, but was more action oriented. Now this season looks like all out, balls to the wall war. Hopefully Crassus and Caeser will provide some interesting stuff

Shadow780

The worst part of S2 for me was Crixus' girl, she should've just died, I don't know what purpose she served other than to
kill Ashur.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
She truly was the fucking worst thing ever. Ugh. Thinking back, it wasn't really that great, but the high points were really fucking good though. The low points were so horrible though.. Truly cringe worthy stuff.

Mr_Zombie

S2 had strong villains - Lucretia, Ilithyia, Ashur, Seppia and Seppus and, after that episode in which
Ilithyia's father dies
, Glaber. All those characters and the chemistry between them were amazing. Although the show didn't have a single strong character like Batiatus, the Roman characters really made the show rolling.

Slaves, on the other hand, were boring. Simple as that. Spartacus' speeches were boring. The plot, where they were simply moving from camp to camp, was boring. Characters that were badass in the first season were turned into weaklings (Crixus, Spartacus, Doctore). The only character that saves the camp is Gannicus. Thank God they added those Germans in later episodes.

Pkaz01

They should just rename the series to Gannicus cause thats really all they have going for them on the slaves side now. Crixus as well but to a lesser extent
well I don't know what he is going to do now that his find naevia arc is over

I think they should have had someone kill her and have a revenge arc for him in season 3, and then he dies in a bad ass vengeance death scene

DieH@rd

Banned
Im bummed that they are ending show so soon. They will show only one very very small part of entire Slave rebelling, so much will be left untouched.

jett

D-Member
Im bummed that they are ending show so soon. They will show only one very very small part of entire Slave rebelling, so much will be left untouched.

Better to end it sooner rather than later, the new Spartacus was really awful last season.

Dantis

Just saw the season 2 finale today (I've been renting it disc by disc from Lovefilm), and hoooooly gwack. That last episode was really, really fantastic. Gotta be amongst the most exciting 60 minutes of television I've ever seen.

Surprised at the negativity towards season 2 in here. I absolutely loved it.

Moaradin

I think the new Spartacus gets a lot of unwarranted hate. I thought he did a serviceable job considering he had pretty big shoes to fill. The main problem was the script, not his performance imo.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I think the new Spartacus gets a lot of unwarranted hate. I thought he did a serviceable job considering he had pretty big shoes to fill. The main problem was the script, not his performance imo.
Agreed.

Does anyone know if the writers of the new season are going to be the same as the first two seasons? Or will they be the inferior set of writers from the last season? That's pretty much going to determine if I watch it or not.

Does anyone know if the writers of the new season are going to be the same as the first two seasons? Or will they be the inferior set of writers from the last season? That's pretty much going to determine if I watch it or not.
Steven S. DeKnight is still running the show, as always, so I don't know if you should expect some sudden change in the way that the it's written.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Steven S. DeKnight is still running the show, as always, so I don't know if you should expect some sudden change in the way that the it's written.
Yeah, but there were lots of other episode writers. S1/2 had one set of writers, but season 3 changed some of them. I really hope S4 goes back to the far superior original batch.

slightly off topic, but is anyone else really happy to see Jai Courtney (Varro) getting work after his amazing stint in blood and sand? very pleased to see him in jack reacher and with him in the next die hard (possibly as someone who will taken the mantle of unlikely hero from bruce willis?), it's great to see him not just disappear.

it's bitter-sweet though, andy should be there right beside him. :(

dave_m123

slightly off topic, but is anyone else really happy to see Jai Courtney (Varro) getting work after his amazing stint in blood and sand? very pleased to see him in jack reacher and with him in the next die hard (possibly as someone who will taken the mantle of unlikely hero from bruce willis?), it's great to see him not just disappear.

He's smoking hot in the new Die Hard Film. Tight shirt all the way from looks of the trailer :)

I've watched all 3 seasons over the past month or so, very entertaining. Some of the story structure is a little too episodic, and the writing falters a bit more often as the series goes on, but the action is good and I like how the dialogue is written. Shame about Whitfield, but I don't mind the new guy. Excited for the new season!

charsace

I've been waiting for him to blow. After season 1 and thought him and Andy were gonna blow up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom