• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2017 is going to be the biggest independent film ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are filmmakers, of course I judge them based off their films. What else am I to go off of? It's not like the MCU has a perfect track record. Do you not judge athletes based off their performances? Or musicians based off their music?

I haven't seen Vacation or Cop Car, but I've seen enough and heard enough to know Vacation is trash at least. It looked like a terrible We're The Millers knock off. Cop Car looks like it deserves a watch.

Could Marvel have chosen better writers and directors, absolutely. But like I said, I'm just gonna have to hope this direction they're going in gives us a good film. Because the odds aren't in the films favor.

Absolutely man, wtf at "jumping to conclusions"

Everybody on this forum manages expectations based on the people behind the work

In every michael bay, snyder, Spielberg, McQueen etc etc thread

I can see the post credits scene right now.

In the news room of an all too familiar location, writers are working around the clock to present their boss with an exclusive new scoop about a vigilante that's been making waves in the streets. A writer enters the boss' office with the female secretary right outside warning him that he's feeling exceptionally cranky today because of his nagging wife and the newspaper numbers being at an all time low. As the camera cuts to an angle of the boss reading the issue they'll be running while the writer explains what they're going for, he laments that they don't have any good pictures to run the story with.

The boss puts the newspaper down, revealing himself to be J.K fucking Simmons as Jameson, with a stern look and puffing a cigar. Cut to black.

Best Marvel end-credits stinger since Thanos.
I want J.K. Simmons but only if he's allowed to curse like in Whiplash.

"You pansy ass web slinging cunty cockbite!"

If they DO retell his origin for some reason, it should include Silk and Clash. Because fuck it.

Like, not really Silk, but after he gets bitten, there's an Asian girl who gets bitten too, in the background. There's no further explanation until a few sequels down the road when Silk shows up.

Clash would actually be a decent first villain or "sub plot villain".

The cool thing is that Feige said Peter is already active and swinging around the MCU, during the current Marvel movies, so he has some experience already being a hero. How many superhero movies start after the hero is already being a hero?
Not counting sequels? Batman '89, I think, starts after. Still shows his origin, though. It's been awhile since I've seen it.
If they DO retell his origin for some reason, it should include Silk and Clash. Because fuck it.

Like, not really Silk, but after he gets bitten, there's an Asian girl who gets bitten too, in the background. There's no further explanation until a few sequels down the road when Silk shows up.

Clash would actually be a decent first villain or "sub plot villain".

I'd be okay with this.

But when do we get Cardiac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom