• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Kater

Banned
Poor attempt at isolating and making trasparent but:
cLkDNtb.png

lol

That's the face of someone whose seen 'some shit'. Or just discovered what the Internet does with cute toon girls. Probably both.

2buRkbn.png

Free to a good home.

I'll take it, thanks! I mean, I would prefer a squidboy one but that avatar looks really cool.

To those who asked yeah you can use anything I post however you like. Also sorry but I don't have any online gallery or tumblr or anything because I always post drawings anonymously. Also thanks!

Here goes another try though.

pblMCt0.jpg

Dude, you're up there with some of the great Pixiv artists! I really hope you can turn that skill into a career if you haven't already (if you want to, of course).

-Minsc-

Is this an "Onion-like" article? Nintendo brings us a marvelous new IP & these guys want blood/gore?

Gotta be a joke, Big N's family friendly image ain't ever going away.

Tis' The Onion of videogaming. :) As I'm not an avid reader of P4R I had to do a bit of a double take.

Here's also a good one (from deviantart):
inklings_for_ssb4_by_elemental_aura-d7m1493.jpg

Given what Marth/Roy's inclusion in SSBM did for the popularity of the Fire Emblem series, I'd say Nintendo would be smart to nudge Sakurai to do exactly this. Fits right into the rest of the cast, plenty of material there for a moveset.

Codeblue

Given what Marth/Roy's inclusion in SSBM did for the popularity of the Fire Emblem series, I'd say Nintendo would be smart to nudge Sakurai to do exactly this. Fits right into the rest of the cast, plenty of material there for a moveset.

The roll animation would be so good.

phanphare

Banned
Honestly, this can be massive.... as in it can be a TV Show if they do it right! Think Powerpuff girls somewhat.

perhaps this is what they were hinting at with licensing their IP. so far they've done some stuff to that degree but nothing that's seemed too far out of the ordinary

edit: maybe that's why the developers were so coy when talking about the single player part of the game. they seemed really weird about it even though they pretty much confirmed it will exist. perhaps it will share (or compliment) a TV show or something of that sort

this is obviously a stretch of the imagination on my part but it'd be pretty interesting to see Nintendo do something like that

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Wow! What a response. I sincerely hopes Nintendo invests heavily in this new IP. Splatoon has great potential, coupled with amiibo, licensed products and a Nickelodeon tv show, it could be a huge hit.

I just found out about this game today (I've been pretty oblivious to pretty much anything Nintendo related).

Holy cow am I excited for this game. This fan-art gets me even more excited. Something about the Nintendo community is just plain awesome (most of the time).

Fireblend

Banned
Man, Nintendo must be loving all the fan attention for Splatoon. The quality of some of these is just astonishing! And the GAF contributors to the movement have some serious talent. Keep it coming!

At first I wasn't too into the game's concept because I don't usually play team based online match games, but I gotta admit, I'm getting kinda hyped for this. The Treehouse stream plus the seemingly instant fandom is having an effect on me :p

Top Bottom