• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Lumyst

I wonder if this Splatoon thing will take off or fail

I can't ever guess if something will sell from the excitement alone anymore

I wish this game was out already but it might take a full 12 months before we see it at home

I think though it's an opportunity for some of the younger Nintendo employees to take charge in the creation of a new IP, and it's also a chance to continue building an online community on Nintendo platforms, so in that sense, whatever the sales are, the end result of the game's creation could be beneficial in other ways.

yi2T6yz.png

I cropped my avatar from the picture above.

ChipotIe

Banned
E3bbrCn.jpg

Made the arms and legs long and splindly to make the hair length work a little better but with the big boots and the way I did the bandit eyes it just ended up feel like a sonic character lol.

Fun stuff will try again.

Lernaean

Banned
E3bbrCn.jpg

Made the arms and legs long and splindly to make the hair length work a little better but with the big boots and the way I did the bandit eyes it just ended up feel like a sonic character lol.

I really like what you did with the multicolored outlines.

Pikma

Banned
E3bbrCn.jpg

Hey that one's really awesome... do you mind if I use it as my new avatar? :)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Jintor

You got a tumblr or dA or something arty I can follow you on?

AlienKebab

Neo Member
pcHkIst.png

Silly squids, keep wasting all that ink, fighting for glory in the war, then we'll increase the prices, and the ones who fill our pockets with the most coin will come out victorious.

E3bbrCn.jpg

328f0ee3ba.png

tried to avatarize this, seems ok. But goddamn, using white as an outline and a background, you're killing me!
free to pick if you want(at own risk)

I wish he was an assist trophy is Smash. Oh well, maybe Dillon will be promoted to playable in 6 years, and Nomad will take his place as an AT.

Heh, she'll arguably have way more importance than Dillon immediately :) Wouldn't be surprised at all if she was in SSB5, the moveset potential is huge.

Jawmuncher

Did the usual check and 3 pages already on that one site means it must be popular. Have been seeing more and more of Splatoon and I'm liking it more and more.

roknin

E3bbrCn.jpg

Yo this is siiiiiick. :D

The fanart is a part of why I'm so excited for this game. It reminds me of Skullgirls and Mighty No. 9. There's already an amazing community to be a part of.

Well, kind of, there were a lot of misogynists in the Mighty No. 9 fandom.

CTLance

Oh well, it was a good thread while it lasted. Left gaf open at the library, huh.

As an aside, did we see anywhere how the orbital strike from the trailer was created? I kinda want to see the community conjure up a squid satellite.

gngf123

I don't really know how to make avatars transparent.

someone pls help
Make sure you save as a png, with the background cleared out so you can see the alpha layer.

Resize the image down to 100x120 as well, GAF fills it with a white background when it resizes.

Top Bottom