• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Nachos

Lhplhl1.gif

FjIsK4d.png

8yTRk4l.jpg

2AisPG0.jpg

GdN5Cbb.png

TwbQTmo.jpg

FBAbZ7R.png

4Gwe4i5.png

rpczuIN.jpg

8cVlBDP.png
Thanks for the Tentacruel one. Was missing that.

Neiteio

They should launch a Miiverse community for this game where the devs can post occasional updates. But the main point would be to create a space where the fans can create art. :)

EDIT: OH MAN THAT TENTACOOL HAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Neiteio

OK, so assuming this gets a retail release... When was the last time we received a retail, character-driven, non-Mii IP from Nintendo EAD? All I can think of is Pikmin back in 2001.

Pikma

Banned
OK, so assuming this gets a retail release... When was the last time we received a retail, character-driven, non-Mii IP from Nintendo EAD? All I can think of is Pikmin back in 2001.

It will get a retail release, all that content and all that focus from Nintendo themselves already suggest that (And I'd even dare to say it confirms it). Also, this would have to be Nintendo's biggest downloadable game yet, something they would have bragged about already. Game has the main spot in Nintendo's E3 games site for example, just below the big ass Super Smash Bros banner of course, but main spot nonetheless.

Nachos

Just wanted to note, this one is not fan art. It's official art that was part of Nintendo's E3 media kit.
Removed them just before I saw this.

Speaking of which, though, do we know who the official artist is? I really like the style.

Symphonic

Character and general game design seems cheap-looking to me, and I feel the multiplayer shooter genre is tired.

Unpopular opinion I guess?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why are the screenshots from the press kit 1440p!? That doesn't make sense for Nintendo. Can the Wii U even do that resolution?

I jjust realized from this thread this was a Nintendo title. I thought it was a 3rd party one that got a lot of hype at e3. I can def see one of these girls in Smash bros.

Squids are cool. I haven't met anybody who hasn't been weirded out and fascinated by squids.
I'd pay good money to watch a giant squid.

The character designs are really good and it has a nice art style.

Stopmotionkai

Neo Member
The enthusiasm and creativity behind the art is actually getting me really interested and hyped for the game, which is interesting because i was fairly level with my first impressions of it.

I wonder if this Splatoon thing will take off or fail

I can't ever guess if something will sell from the excitement alone anymore

I wish this game was out already but it might take a full 12 months before we see it at home

Why are the screenshots from the press kit 1440p!? That doesn't make sense for Nintendo. Can the Wii U even do that resolution?

This is such a weird development in recent years. Promotional screenshots aren't meant to exactly match the resolution of the game they're of, they're resources for magazines and websites. They're often larger resolutions than the actual game so they can be blown up in size, magnified, shrunk, cropped or generally altered more easily for features/covers/articles.

Top Bottom