• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superflat

I thought C3bu was perfectly enjoyable. If only for these two characters:
tumblr_mq8qm3Pr0q1qfbz1so1_500.gif
tumblr_mpl4q3QAA01rbnx7io1_500.gif

The story went in some really dumb "serious" directions, but it got fun again at the end.

Bring on season 2 fuckas.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming airsoft anime too.

Link Man

Banned
Oh hai guise, I have impressions!

Keikaku City Actors 8

ibln4OVFgLhDjk.jpg

Shaft as fuck opening.

Anyone else think this OP could fit in a Megaman X game?

Wow, this was really interesting. We actually got some explanations and more backstory.

Nichijou
D'aaaawwwwwww. Those last few episodes were really adorable and the comedy was pretty good too. The show was just pure fun to watch from beginning to end...Why is it that the shows which deserve a second season never get one :(

..Guess I'll pick up the manga

Superflat

Masahiko Ohta means it has my interest.

Had to look up the director, but daaayum.

YURU YURI, LOVE LAB, MITSUDOMOE, MINAMI-KE?

That's some solid directing creds.

Nichijou
D'aaaawwwwwww. Those last few episodes were really adorable and the comedy was pretty good too. The show was just pure fun to watch from beginning to end...Why is it that the shows which deserve a second season never get one :(

..Guess I'll pick up the manga

I would flip my shit ten times if a season two ever appeared.

I got second place yet again. Seems like I'll be always the kohai, never the senpai.

Onward with Project Get Everybody I Know To Love Fate Zero aka Project GEIKTLFZ. We are two episodes done into season 2. Some comments I feel the need to do now on both the show and friend's reaction:

- Let me first get this out of the way: The dub is pretty decent. Some voices are pretty extremely meh (mainly Lancer's, the guy's voice acting lacks passion). Rider is voiced by Lu Bu and the worm dude is voiced by Liam O'Brien. So it's almost like a Nier reunion. Liam O'Brien is somebody I especially love as his voice is so distinguishable, though it's much harder in here since he's not doing the voice he tends to do (think War from Darksiders or the scientist from Code Geass).

- My FZ cherry poppin' friend is still loving the ever living hell out of Rider. This continues to solidify that he is the best character. Didn't Natsu want to make Rider a female one again but Urobutcher was all "nuh uh bitch"? Regardless I'm glad he loves him as much as I did. Even more actually.

- He still is not very interested in Kiritsugu. Admittedly on a second rewatch I realize that Kiritsugu has very little screen time. For the supposed protagonist he's barely in the show so far and on a show based largely around fighting he has only had one major fight so far. I keep insisting he's a great character and that he gets more focus in the second half of the show. At the very least he admits that he's his favorite among the Masters.

- Watching the show with these guys, I realize just how boring Lancer and Saber are. Chivalrous characters make for the most boring personalities, but Lancer is especially so. Now I can safely say there are two characters in Fate Stay Night I liked better than Fate Zero (Archer and Lancer).

- Outside of Rider, he fucking loves Berserker.

- Every scene with Kirei and Archer talking are fucking boring. Like I didn't realize how boring they were until I watched it dubbed and didn't have to distract myself reading and just focused on what was happening on screen. Which was very little. Holy shit.

I got second place yet again. Seems like I'll be always the kohai, never the senpai.

Onward with Project Get Everybody I Know To Love Fate Zero aka Project GEIKTLFZ. We are two episodes done into season 2. Some comments I feel the need to do now on both the show and friend's reaction:

- Let me first get this out of the way: The dub is pretty decent. Some voices are pretty extremely meh (mainly Lancer's, the guy's voice acting lacks passion). Rider is voiced by Lu Bu and the worm dude is voiced by Liam O'Brien. So it's almost like a Nier reunion. Liam O'Brien is somebody I especially love as his voice is so distinguishable, though it's much harder in here since he's not doing the voice he tends to do (think War from Darksiders or the scientist from Code Geass).

- My FZ cherry poppin' friend is still loving the ever living hell out of Rider. This continues to solidify that he is the best character. Didn't Natsu want to make Rider a female one again but Urobutcher was all "nuh uh bitch"? Regardless I'm glad he loves him as much as I did. Even more actually.

- He still is not very interested in Kiritsugu. Admittedly on a second rewatch I realize that Kiritsugu has very little screen time. For the supposed protagonist he's barely in the show so far and on a show based largely around fighting he has only had one major fight so far. I keep insisting he's a great character and that he gets more focus in the second half of the show. At the very least he admits that he's his favorite among the Masters.

- Watching the show with these guys, I realize just how boring Lancer and Saber are. Chivalrous characters make for the most boring personalities, but Lancer is especially so. Now I can safely say there are two characters in Fate Stay Night I liked better than Fate Zero (Archer and Lancer).

- Every scene with Kirei and Archer talking are fucking boring. Like I didn't realize how boring they were until I watched it dubbed and didn't have to distract myself reading and just focused on what was happening on screen. Which was very little. Holy shit.

What unholy force on this earth is making you watch this great show in DUB!?!?!

Jarmel

Banned
I'm halfway through Knights of Sidonia 7 and I want to scrub through the rest of this episode. Fucking Christ. Main character is a dumbass.

This whole thing is so fucking stupid.

cajunator

Banned

Youre watching it dubbed?

Ginga e Kickoff!! 39

fNajcQOl.jpg

Woo, can't believe I managed to finish this. A really fun soccer series. Enjoyable cast, the soccer action was fun to watch, pretty much enjoyed it the whole time.

I liked all that character growth throughout the show and I liked the little epilogue that they did. Reika-chan's best character.

Kamigami no Asobi 09

p3a0EkMl.jpg

Today's talk to the teacher was extra dramatic. I'm amused all the gods of course have baggage and the most sensible way to act that out is to be yandere towards our otome lead.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 28

QhzGJzwl.jpg

The boring X/Y Champion was a bit better in the show. Though, her outfit still looks silly.

Mahou Shoujo Taisen 04-06

We see the birth of a magical girl who's goal is to fight giant robots guided by her trusty partner, a robot hand.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II 121

RANK 13 MONSTERS!!!!!!11111111

Mokoi

Banned

Haven't watch the show dub so can't comment on that. Though I loved rider in when I first watched Zero. Your friends know whats up. Kiritsugu is definitely the best master, but yeah his screen time is kind of low in the first season. Bereserker is always badass if only his master was better poor Kariya. Haha kirei and archer feel boring after already watching them talk.

fertygo

I'm halfway through Knights of Sidonia 7 and I want to scrub through the rest of this episode. Fucking Christ. Main character is a dumbass.

At least he
man it up
in the end, if this is eren we gonna watch 3 more eps he screaming around.

What unholy force on this earth is making you watch this great show in DUB!?!?!

Youre watching it dubbed?

Jesus people I understand we have sub elitists here but come on. I tend to go with sub over dub as much as the other guy, but the dub isn't bad outside of a few characters, which is true for most works. Watching it sub also makes it so this guy wants to keep watching, he hates having to read and focus on the subtitles if he can avoid it. If we were watching it dub he'd probably want to take longer breaks instead of marathoning as much as we did today.

Like I said there are already two or three voice actors I love in here as well, so it doesn't bother me that much. They got Rider more than right, and Kiritsugu is also pretty decent. I also don't tend to care for voice actors in anime outside of Kamiya and Sugita. There was also no funny engrish.

I dropped that shit after reading some of the manga when the first episode came out. The source material was bad enough to make me drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom