• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

Desert Nomad (human!)
vlcsnap-2016-10-15-028tzzn.png

vlcsnap-2016-10-15-02baz37.png

Kastak Ballisitic Shotgun
t3_57jnf9

OMG

is this game the next "Crysis" moment for the industry?

I hope those that got their refund are happy with that and never come back. I'll enjoy my upcoming game.

Around the Verse: Post-Citizencon Special Edition. Hell yeah CIG and now i understand.

If you don't care or think this will never come out then stay out and go play in another playground. Keep the game out your mouth.

A fucking hour long game play demo, 70 characters? HOLY SHIT, i hope they get more time now and hopefully it will hit one of the live streams.

Outrun

I hope those that got their refund are happy with that and never come back. I'll enjoy my upcoming game.

Around the Verse: Post-Citizencon Special Edition. Hell yeah CIG and now i understand.

If I you don't care or think this will never come out then stay out and go play in another playground. Keep the game out your mouth.

A fucking hour long game play demo, 70 characters? HOLY SHIT, i hope they get more time now and hopefully it will hit one of the live streams.

Everyone has their opinions man, and are able to express it in a respectful manner.

Why'd you come back? i thought CIG sucked and don't seem to be up to it to get this done and are not doing anything worth it.

Gamers are washy washy and vindictive. I'm a final fantasy and kingdom hearts fan and they promised a lot of release dates and more information an sometimes they never came. Those were much longer waits.

Last Guardian takes the cake. It's barely been 4 years.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There is absolutely no reason to be rude.

Yup.

People can always keep an eye out for base game discounts later if they're interested but not that confident.

---

By the way, all flyable ships are still open for backers this weekend until the 17th. Gotta get in there and try the Scythe.

Outrun

Why'd you come back? i thought CIG will not be able to get this done and are not doing anything.

Too much talk not enough action.

I am feeling embarrassed for you at the moment.

Nothing would please me than to be wrong. If SQ42 is well-reviewed then why shouldn't I spend my money and play the game?

In fact, I would love for my fears to be proven wrong. I don't mind eating crow.

This garrison mentally that you are exhibiting is problematic. Opinions change. Trying to act like those with criticisms should forever leave and keep quiet is not very constructive.

Nice Edit BTW...

There is absolutely no reason to be rude.

There's every reason to be frank, nothing rude about it. If that hurts their feels then so be it. To much bs goes around when things don't go exactly right, been happening off and on for 3 years now. Folks need to make up their mind. We aren't little kids, there are countless cases of this happening within game development and were just lucky and unlucky enough to see the work pit.

It's not fast nor easy this game making.

It's the reason i'm taking classes soon and it will be one of my majors. To get some perspective.

Outrun

There's every reason to be frank, nothing rude about it. If that hurts their feels then so be it. To much bs goes around when things don't go exactly right, been happening off and on for 3 years now. Folks need to make up their mind. We aren't little kids, there are countless cases of this happening within game development and were just lucky and unlucky enough see the work pit. It's not easy stuff this game making.

It's the reason i'm taking classes soon and it will be one of my majors. To get some perspective.

Double down ain't helping mate...

Like I said, I absolutely do not mind being wrong about CIG's capabilities.

SQ42 is an automatic purchase if it is good.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There's no strategic value in getting people to commit to leaving permanently. Could catch a ban being hostile too.

---

Took the M50, Khartu-Al, Scythe, Glaive, Vanguard and Sabre out for a spin. The Scythe is pretty satisfying. With the M50 it feels like an accomplishment getting it to connect with anything with fixed guns, lol. The glaive is a bit too clunky. It's a shame this trial period will probably end before they get the flight model changes in - would have liked to try them all again afterward.

There's no strategic value in getting people to commit to leaving permanently. Could catch a ban being hostile too.

---

Took the M50, Khartu-Al, Scythe, Glaive, Vanguard and Sabre out for a spin. The Scythe is pretty satisfying. With the M50 it feels like an accomplishment getting it to connect with anything with fixed guns, lol. The glaive is a bit too clunky. It's a shame this trial period will probably end before they get the flight model changes in.

I mean if you already said that you were jamming, done, finished and don't think it will happen. Why continue to discuss that something? it's the meaning of counterproductive, the thing that you then do is move on if its that bad. It's a question of relational thinking and if that is grounds for being banned. Then something is wrong.

Also if it's hostile (which its not ) asking an inquiry of actions and words is totally fine. Otherwise you can bet that the next thread will be filled with more of the same, which is why it needs to happen more. You don't stand around waiting for a bridge to fall, that never will. It's the reason you see folks like Burny pop up here to spew stuff, then disappear, only to talk about SC in the ED thread.

It's not like this is a first.

CIG needs to fix the avenger warlock. It's funky and the sabre animations. Everything else is badass to fly though.

It's crazy how smooth AC is compared to other modes.

I am feeling embarrassed for you at the moment.

Nothing would please me than to be wrong. If SQ42 is well-reviewed then why shouldn't I spend my money and play the game?

In fact, I would love for my fears to be proven wrong. I don't mind eating crow.

This garrison mentally that you are exhibiting is problematic. Opinions change. Trying to act like those with criticisms should forever leave and keep quiet is not very constructive.

Nice Edit BTW...

Now I don't support being rude to anyone but the logical question is if you believe the game will not be made, in the face of all the content already released and veritable dump of information every few weeks from CiG, than what is it exactly would you discuss?

But look at it this way, your post here

I am asking for a refund because I don't believe in CIG's ability to execute this project anymore.

Is understandable. But followed by.....

Unless they show their financials like they promised to do, you never know... :p

Stuff like a good audit goes a long way into proving that they are running a tight ship and that no cronyism is going on.

Otherwise you have people wondering how Chris Roberts' wife is able to take in the Monaco GP on a yacht. Transparency is key. This way, baseless assumptions are quickly negated.

Make it sound like FUD. Now I pointed out in earlier post certain posters who not only have the same slant, filled with misinformation, but also pointed out to a SA thread filled with people who target NeoGaf and SC in general to push these negative views. It gets tiring to field the same arguments over and over. Now you may not be one of "those" people. But so many people are so quick on the gun to jump, or to state how they "believe" with authority that a game of this scope and size should have been finished already, it is hard to tell apart those that really are just misinformed and those that have an agenda to push. But it all comes down to a few points that people are trying to bring up:

1. Star Citizen is vaporware. What is being shown is just an attempt to gather more money.

2. Star Citizen is taking too long. With the amount of money and time in dev (regardless of crew size or tech) the game should have been done. Look at game --->x from other companies.

3. Star Citizen is getting made but will not finish because the team makes to many mistakes or the founders of CiG are stealing cash.

Because of this, the points become circular and delves into the same repeated arguments over and over. For the first point, quite simply this would be the best scam ever, with what they have released so far. Normally people who scam don't hire hundreds of people and pay them, build high tech studios with server farms/mocap studio and actually put out product. All that expense defeats the purpose of a scam. The Star Citizen is taking to long is one that is filled with holes because it is making an assumption that someone out there knows exactly how long these two products and numerous tech should take. Since no one has done many of the features attempted in one package before, it isn't possible for anyone to really say. And the last one is similar to the first. Given what they shown it is impressive if they are stashing money away by the boatloads but ultimately one that we cannot prove nor disprove. Also if you are funding to get the game made, one of the biggest concerns should be.... getting the game made. So if they took a vacation on my dime and I find out about it, I wouldn't be too upset as long as they actually deliver.

So while I would convey my opinion in a different manner I understand Cabbagehead frustrations.

To be honest Cabbagehead being banned in the face of the behavior other posters have exhibited and I pointed out. Would be quite sad.

Outrun

Now I don't support being rude to anyone but the logical question is if you believe the game will not be made, in the face of all the content already released and veritable dump of information every few weeks from CiG, than what is it exactly would you discuss?

But look at it this way, your post here

Is understandable. But followed by.....

Make it sound like FUD. Now I pointed out in earlier post certain posters who not only have the same slant, filled with misinformation, but also pointed out to a SA thread filled with people who target NeoGaf and SC in general to push these negative views. It gets tiring to field the same arguments over and over. Now you may not be one of "those" people. But so many people are so quick on the gun to jump, or to state how they "believe" with authority that a game of this scope and size should have been finished already, it is hard to tell apart those that really are just misinformed and those that have an agenda to push. But it all comes down to a few points that people are trying to bring up:

1. Star Citizen is vaporware. What is being shown is just an attempt to gather more money.

2. Star Citizen is taking too long. With the amount of money and time in dev (regardless of crew size or tech) the game should have been done. Look at game --->x from other companies.

3. Star Citizen is getting made but will not finish because the team makes to many mistakes or the founders of CiG are stealing cash.

Because of this, the points become circular and delves into the same repeated arguments over and over. For the first point, quite simply this would be the best scam ever, with what they have released so far. Normally people who scam don't hire hundreds of people and pay them, build high tech studios with server farms/mocap studio and actually put out product. All that expense defeats the purpose of a scam. The Star Citizen is taking to long is one that is filled with holes because it is making an assumption that someone out there knows exactly how long these two products and numerous tech should take. Since no one has done many of the features attempted in one package before, it isn't possible for anyone to really say. And the last one is similar to the first. Given what they shown it is impressive if they are stashing money away by the boatloads but ultimately one that we cannot prove nor disprove. Also if you are funding to get the game made, one of the biggest concerns should be.... getting the game made. So if they took a vacation on my dime and I find out about it, I wouldn't be too upset as long as they actually deliver.

So while I would convey my opinion in a different manner I understand Cabbagehead frustrations.

To be honest Cabbagehead being banned in the face of the behavior other posters have exhibited and I pointed out. Would be quite sad.

Regarding the posts that I made, you followed it up with salient and through-provoking counterpoints.

Cabbagehead is playing armchair mod and telling people to leave and be silent. That simply is not his place.

If I left, how would we engage in some meaningful discourse. Yes, I have issues with the development at the moment. But yes again, I fully concede that I may be wrong.

If I am wrong, then I will eat crow and then purchase SQ42.

Cabbagehead was rude plain and simple. If I have a history of instigating or hit and run posts, then he may have a point. But I don't... And his vitriol is sadly misplaced.

Anyways, I will continue to monitor development of SQ42.

Thanks for your insights.

Regarding the posts that I made, you followed it up with salient and through-provoking counterpoints.

Cabbagehead is playing armchair mod and telling people to leave and be silent. That simply is not his place.

If I left, how would we engage in some meaningful discourse. Yes, I have issues with the development at the moment. But yes again, I fully concede that I may be wrong.

If I am wrong, then I will eat crow and then purchase SQ42.

Cabbagehead was rude plain and simple. If I have a history of instigating or hit and run posts, then he may have a point. But I don't... And his vitriol is sadly misplaced.

Anyways, I will continue to monitor development of SQ42.

Thanks for your insights.

Like I stated right off the bat, I don't support being rude to anyone. I stated I understood his frustrations. I apologize if it makes it seem like I was saying his reaction to you was justified.

Like I stated right off the bat, I don't support being rude to anyone. I stated I understood his frustrations. I apologize if it makes it seem like I was saying his reaction to you was justified.

Yep just getting tired of it, its the same thing over and over again.

I'm a frank person by nature and i dislike washy washy people that say one thing and then do another, when things start to look good again. It's like make up your mind? what exactly do you expect given the information provided. It's not like it's hidden.

If that means i'm being rude? To point out the counterproductive rigamarole tendency of folks that want to say nothing is happening or this will not happen and CIG is not up to the task. What is there to discuss really? not much, if you say your getting a refund and don't think the game will be "finished" why? continue to watch it. It doesn't make sense to me, because we all know history will repeat itself at some point with this development. Someone will not get exactly what they want on "time", they will yell, only to come crawling back once they get said thing...repeat.

That's not me being the issue.

It's the reason we have so many knee jerk situations on the internet, only for people to start backtracking (It's happening right now on reddit). When they should have taken the time in the first place to figure it out or prepare themselves. It's the worst type of buyers remorse, spar of the moment mentality. Still, if i was too hard on you Outrun then, yeah it was a little unjustified but you hade to know how it looked.

Velorath

Yep just getting tired of it, its the same thing over and over again.

I'm a frank person by nature and i dislike washy washy people that say one thing and then do another, when things start to look good again. It's like make up your mind? what exactly do you expect given the information provided. It's not like it's hidden.

If that means i'm being rude? To point out the counterproductive rigamarole tendency of folks that want to say nothing is happening or this will not happen and CIG is not up to the task. What is there to discuss really? not much, if you say your getting a refund and don't think the game will be "finished" why? continue to watch it. It doesn't make sense to me, because we all know history will repeat itself at some point with this development. Someone will not get exactly what they want on "time", they will yell, only to come crawling back once they get said thing...repeat.

That's not me being the issue.

It's the reason we have so many knee jerk situations on the internet, only for people to start backtracking (It's happening right now on reddit). When they should have taken the time in the first place to figure it out or prepare themselves. It's the worst type of buyers remorse, spar of the moment mentality. Still, if i was too hard on you Outrun then, yeah it was a little unjustified but you hade to know how it looked.

This is a website for discussing video games. To some people Star Citizen has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever and for gamers to actually help support the kind of games they want to get made. To others it has the potential to be one of the biggest disasters in gaming history with well over $100 million dollars of money at stake that comes from gamers rather than a publisher. I think both are valid topics for discussion here.

Now ideally I think it would be nice for this thread to remain a place for people enthusiastic about the game to discuss it. I don't think attempting to stifle negative discussion is helpful though regardless of frustrations. Maybe another thread for critical discussion of the project is needed. Obviously I'm not a mod and it's not my call.

I don't see any sort of hypocrisy or time wasting in following the development though even for people who are critical of it. To me it's one of the more interesting stories in game development right now.

Zabojnik

I'm not usually the type to be putting out fires, but this feels like the right time to utter the proverbial 'everybody take a deep breath and relax'. :)

Those S42 snippets. It must've been a real heartbreaker having to skip the demo after all that work mere days before CitCon, even with Homestead as backup. The continuous feeding loop between developers and the community that gets mentioned in the video is perhaps the most remarkable thing to come out of this whole affair. CIG <3

Always good witnessing Chris in his 'get shit done' mode, heh. We rarely get to see it.

I'd say the S42 mission demo is looking a very likely candidate for one of the two remaining livestreams for the year.

This is a website for discussing video games. To some people Star Citizen has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever and for gamers to actually help support the kind of games they want to get made. To others it has the potential to be one of the biggest disasters in gaming history with well over $100 million dollars of money at stake that comes from gamers rather than a publisher. I think both are valid topics for discussion here.

Now ideally I think it would be nice for this thread to remain a place for people enthusiastic about the game to discuss it. I don't think attempting to stifle negative discussion is helpful though regardless of frustrations. Maybe another thread for critical discussion of the project is needed. Obviously I'm not a mod and it's not my call.

I don't see any sort of hypocrisy or time wasting in following the development though even for people who are critical of it. To me it's one of the more interesting stories in game development right now.
Neither topic has merit for discussion because both have no current source or frame of reference ( since this is new ground). So it's just a dark hole of regurgitated arguments and blanket statements as CIG continues to work on their game and that's the fact of the matter. Only they can decide rather or not it's going to be a failure or a success, the backers have a relativity large part in making it so it doesn't become a shit show. But that's in due time.

Though to be honest most of the criticism aren't really criticisms of anything like gameplay but it's of other things notwithstanding. Since both games like SQ42 aren't yet released. It's just speculation. Which is a tricky little ant hill, it can create fires of rumored cancellation (Final Fantasy versus to XV ) and or crazy hype (NMS or The Division).

I want to discuss the here and now in the coming months depending on what we get, and talk about that depending on what CIG give us. Because like i mentioned before and i'll mention again other communities have waited far longer for game's then just under 4 years. Some hade to wait 7 years to hear anything at all after being announced early or every other year in spits and sputters. I'm pretty positive they would have a good laugh at the folks complaining now about delays. Since we at least get to see why it happened.

Anyone can say anything will fail or be good. Doesn't mean it's worth a debate.

When the final game launches how many players are they expected to be within the same space before it opens up a new instance? I've seen people saying 40 players in social districts. That doesn't seem like a lot of players to populate a social district?

When the final game launches how many players are they expected to be within the same space before it opens up a new instance? I've seen people saying 40 players in social districts. That doesn't seem like a lot of players to populate a social district?

This is what they said yesterday.

[20:00] Tony, for you &#8211; What is the current status of instancing? How do you plan to keep playable areas expanding without feeling empty? Or risking crashing the server if everyone tries to gather in one spot?

TZ
: Well, we&#8217;re actually very close if we wanted to, to do instancing now. We&#8217;re already effectively shunting players into instances every time they join an Arena Commander game, that&#8217;s what&#8217;s happening. We&#8217;ve already got persistence so we can already save player state and restore it to a particular configuration, you know, as you join a game. That&#8217;s already 75% of the way there.

But, Chris wanted to push the game to a further level versus what all of these other games that approach this problem have done and so what we&#8217;re pursuing at the moment is really more of a completely unified networking model whereupon there won&#8217;t really be a bunch of individual sharded instances of the game.There will just be one world and as you move around within that world you will be shuttled seamlessly, transparently from individual server to individual server and this comes with some technical problems and gameplay problems that we&#8217;re going to have to resolve and we haven&#8217;t figured out all of those things at the moment but we&#8217;re working on them right now. For example, you might have mission givers that effectively act as a bottleneck and there are too many players trying to talk with that guy at one time. How do you deal with things like that? There are many different things, but it would be an extended conversation to go too far into all of the details.

But, the big answer really is that we&#8217;re trying to discard that whole &#8216;players in little isolated instances&#8217; and put everybody into the same universe effectively simultaneously.

EKD: That&#8217;s one of the things that stood out to me even back in the Gamescom demo. I had a lot of people even come up and talk about the seamless transition. &#8216;So, I was up in the sky and now I&#8217;m on the planet and I haven&#8217;t seen a single loading screen.&#8217;

CR: Definitely. But even on the instancing side you&#8217;ll still have that seamless transition.

EKD: It&#8217;s great. It&#8217;s great.

CR: So it&#8217;s really more just about the fact that there will be a limit to how many players we can simulate on one server. Right now it&#8217;s 24 in Arena Commander and it&#8217;s about 40 when you&#8217;re running around Arc Corp. Really, that&#8217;s actually 8 instances running on one server. So, if you just times it by 8 and figure it out we could have 200 players if we could scale the game linearly that way but right now we can&#8217;t because it&#8217;s not &#8211; parts of it are built for multi threading and distributing to all of the cores but some aren&#8217;t. That&#8217;s what we&#8217;re doing a lot of refactoring on, so an individual server instance could perhaps run 200 players which then is obviously a lot denser than what we have right now and you would still seamlessly go between locations. But, on top of that if you can mesh those servers together and each server is authoritative over a group of players and generally those players would be based on collocation and each server tells the other servers what it has done with the players it&#8217;s responsible for.

You can sort of, on a peer-to-peer basis on the server side, you can have thousands of players being simulated all at once but each server is only doing the work for its little portion. That&#8217;s the new model, we&#8217;re not the only people that are working on this or trying to work on this. It is the new model of using the big &#8211; using the cloud to give you a lot more game experience and that&#8217;s where we&#8217;re going. At some point, you know, we may even &#8211; that may allow us to have 2,000 people in the same area or whatever but what if there was maybe 10,000? At that point we probably would still have to instance.

At the beginning here we&#8217;re trying to make it not feel instanced so you would be gated. So, if there&#8217;s already too many people in a location, &#8216;the landing pads are all full&#8217;. Just like, you want to get into that bar but it&#8217;s busy because it&#8217;s at capacity and the fire marshall would shut it down.

TZ: That&#8217;s kind of the gameplay limitations that I was referring to. Just like in the real world &#8211; everyone cannot be in the same space at the same time. The question becomes, how exactly do you represent that when you&#8217;re talking about different things. A landing zone is one thing, a guy you need to talk to on a planet is another thing.

So there are a number of different solutions we&#8217;ve got in mind for how to deal with this stuff. Another thing to point out is that there are two major things going on with networking. One thing is the macro networking model which is going to allow all of the players to seamlessly exist with one another, the other one is just the low-level networking rewrite that&#8217;s going to give us a performance boost and it&#8217;s also going to give us just a much more efficient code base versus what we got when we inherited the engine. That&#8217;s going on and the low level rewrite is what we&#8217;re aiming to release with 3.0.

The unified networking model is something that&#8217;s going to be post that, we don&#8217;t have a specific date in mind. We will aim to do a test of that system at some point next year to where we basically band a number of servers together creating a shard of sorts to where we&#8217;re testing the concepts that we&#8217;re talking about but on a much more localized scale and this should ramp the game up to&#8230; don&#8217;t know right now but hundreds of players in one of these meshes.

EKD: Half of the stuff you guys say, I have no idea what you&#8217;re talking about. I took one programming class and I realized I was not good at it. But, this stuff is absolutely I think one of the most impressive and most mesmerizing parts of our game and not just because it&#8217;s over my head.

In GW2 the limit is currently 200 players on any map. I believe after 150 players it starts funneling players to new maps, but the last 50 spots can be taken by people who go to the instancies via joining group members, guild members or people on their friends list.
The problem comes from when events and things are going on and the instance is full and you cannot go in because of the hard cap.

In WvW it's a lot more players but some of the time the server cannot handle that amount players. the game starts becoming laggy (skill lag) because its hundreds and hundreds of players clashing into each other all attacking, defending, healing. Its still really fun thou!

So this weeks ATV shows the process they took to Citizencon, and what went wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsF6_lwLas

You're going to want to watch this.

I think this makes the "There is no demo, it's all a lie! If they couldn't get it done within a year then things are clearly bad, there should at least have been a trailer!" people look even more ridiculous. They were working on it for months, it was going to be an hour long demo with over 70 characters and they were trying to get it sorted out until just a few days before it was meant to be shown. It wasn't just going to be some simple mission they'd thrown together just to show off, it was going to be an entire complete chapter...so even things that wouldn't actually be shown needed to be done based on what they said about how you could follow any of the NPCs and see what they did.

Shy

Does anyone know where i can get that graph (I wouldn't say it's a graph, but i can't think of a better way to describe it) Where it shows the years CIG has been business and the number of employees beside it. (it was posted somewhere here on GAF, but can't remember where)

A friend was asking how many people work there, but i thought it would be better to show him that.

Because i think it gives a better sense of the production.

Does anyone know where i can get that graph (I wouldn't say it's a graph, but i can't think of a better way to describe it) Where it shows the years CIG has been business and the number of employees beside it. (it was posted somewhere here on GAF, but can't remember where)

A friend was asking how many people work there, but i thought it would be better to show him that.

Because i think it gives a better sense of the production.

Here you go.
It should be on the front page in the next thread. To be honest.

This games a big mystery to me. It looks great and feels huge. But I don't understand what I should be thrilled about. To me it seems like a fantastic sandbox yet to be filled with actual content. I hope it's filled with quality stuff.

Shy

Here you go.

It should be on the front page in the next thread. To be honest.
That wasn't it. But thank you.

I'll show that to him also.

It looked a bit like this. But the box was solid.
| 2015 | 0000 |
| 2016 | 0000 |
-------------------

KKRT00

| 2015 | 0000 |
| 2016 | 0000 |
-------------------

You mean this one?

QLUK3iY.png

| 2015 | 0000 |
| 2016 | 0000 |
-------------------

Yeah i don't recall sorry.

I know it's a bit off topic and rehashy.

But it really does suck that NMS. After all the hype, pre-release awards, interviews, promises and non promises alike. The ambitious E3, space game poster child with a small team and a cheerful face. Took a large chunk (including myself at first) of the gaming community by storm and continued to build to crazy levels, fueling player imaginations and dreams.

Only to hit it big on release day and then crash so fast your head would spin, going straight down the shittier quick. Truly mind blogging to watch and read. Yet its only made worse by the non-existent community communication, coupled with half answers and dodged questions.

Now that shitshow sets a precedent for an already annoyed gaming community after pervious shitshows. Signs now pointed square at other games in the genre, with folks on the look out for the next sean murray muppet. Its sad that the first big mainstream taste of a resurging genre, was that experience for two months at this point.

Doesn't do anyone any real favors, other the making people more or less wise but also more jaded. NMS should of been the mainstream trailblazer.

Until ED, SC/SQ42 and others took that shine away. Just wishful thinking i guess.

MadYarpen

I've always associated the worms in dune to this cover.

KcjtXth.jpg

SJA3zUZ.jpg

I don't actually remember how they're described in the books, but given all the other common visual characterizations, I'd say the tricuspid mouth is more accurate.

*Uploads the Dune series back to Kindle*
Thanks. Second read should be great since I had to miss a lot first time.

ryousuke

With all the ships available ingame for free (ends today I think), I tried every single one and wanted to take screenshots. I tried with and without a user.cfg, but I still got those ugly shadows, and aliasing. It's too bad, the game is so detailed and beautiful but I can't make a proper wallpaper out of it yet :(

There are a few shots where aliasing is less visible, like the Andromeda interior
I tried Reshade/SweetFX but SMAA doesn't seem to work. I take my screens in 7680x4320 and then resize in 3840x2160 but I don't know if that really helps, or maybe I'm doing it wrong. So if you got any tips guys

A few SC Screens

nUYhHJm.gif

6 back and forth exchanges and im finally getting my refund processed. it feels so good to take a step back and not have to be at all concerned with the development process. ill still pop in to gather the latest news about the game.

no more early PTU 4K screenshots from me.

Top Bottom