• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront II is written by Walt Williams (Spec Ops) and Mitch Dyer (IGN)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Consider me in, and reading that Mitch is a very big fan gives me hopes that this will fit nicely between Ep 6 and 7.

Didn't really care for Spec Ops (aside from the twist, I didn't like much else) but I still think this bodes quite well for the game.

dr_rus

So hopefully a good Star Wars SP campaign for a change. The last good SP Star Wars shooter was Republic Commando and that was 12 years ago.

Ugh, non-established talent in the industry?!

1N0UjV3.jpg

Boke1879

The story likely won't be any better or worse than many other games and people are freaking out because of Mitch Dyer lol.

Geist-

This is really good to hear. The Line had one of the best stories of last generation, but I wonder what kind of limitations he's going to have. I can't imagine a Star Wars game having a white phosphorous type scene in it.

Keasar

Walt Williams (Spec Ops)

Hmmmm.
I'm listening...

but mostly because of Walt Williams, don't really care as much for Star Wars. Spec Ops: the Line still remains one of the most memorable shooters ever played, if someone can shake up the usual boring Star Wars stories, it would be him. Problem remains though, would EA or DICE even allow him to go all out military-suffering-PTSD-oh-god-the-screams-I-still-hear-them on the story?

Please be on the level of bad company, at least with the attention it got for SP. Let's face it Battlefield campaigns since then have felt like cheap addons

dr_rus

Hmmmm.

I'm listening...

but mostly because of Walt Williams, don't really care as much for Star Wars. Spec Ops: the Line still remains one of the most memorable shooters ever played, if someone can shake up the usual boring Star Wars stories, it would be him. Problem remains though, would EA or DICE even allow him to go all out military-suffering-PTSD-oh-god-the-screams-I-still-hear-them on the story?

Battlefront isn't known for SP campaigns so they can do whatever they want in it really. I also don't think that doing Star Wars: The Line is the proper way to create a good story.

Battlefront isn't known for SP campaigns so they can do whatever they want in it really. I also don't think that doing Star Wars: The Line is the proper way to create a good story.

It would be interesting, but I agree. There is a lot of things that a writer can do in the Star Wars universe, but just doing a reskin of Specs: The Line would feel a bit cheap.

karasu

lol people shocked at Mitch Dyer's IGN history, but the dude from 1up is running Destiny 2 right now and Gary Whitta used to be a gaf poster.

Bizzquik

Some of you guys are remarkably petty and vindictive.

+1
Good for Mitch. I wish him nothing but the best.

Mitch certainly knows the lore, and he was working with a veteran writer for a studio not known for creating memorable single-player narratives. Maybe they'll all surprise us with something great.

Hmmmm.

I'm listening...

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you're expecting yet another story similar to Spec Ops. The writer isn't likely to go down that route yet again, especially with a Star Wars game.

Top Bottom