• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront II is written by Walt Williams (Spec Ops) and Mitch Dyer (IGN)

That conference video was interesting. At the very least, post rotj Luke will be cool to learn more about.

(say what you want about the shitty Will Smith movie his work on Telltale Walking Dead and Book of Eli were great)

Nah, sorry, the only episode he wrote by himself, Episode 4, was garbage it was the worst out of the five and I very much disliked it due to coincidences and plot holes. It was not good writing. Book of Eli was okay, I'll give you that.

It's fair to be skeptical of Mitch's abilities as a writer given that this is his first official rodeo as a games writer.

It's not all that different as putting your trust in a new joiner to any company to lead a project on his own. He's not proven himself, he's green, etc.

That being said, even if the relative skill set needed to be a writer/reviewer are similar, the jobs are very, very different.

He may not have been a stand-out reviewer in the same vein of Simon Parkin throughout his career, but who knows if his true talent will shine as a video games writer.

Ultimately, he is hired to be a writer at a major publisher-owned studio, a company that should have no issues receiving applications from the most experienced/talented writers in the industry. I know a majority of games-writing are hot garbage, but he is hired/chosen by Jade Raymond over presumably dozens of other interested applicants.

Let's see what he has in-store.

Top Bottom