• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Cse

Banned
There's only one Jedi in existence...possibly two if you include Lea.

How could there possibly be Jedi "hunters" when so few Jedi even exist?

well, it's not clear in the prequels or the clone war tv show if all Jedi were killed after events turned sour. there would still be force strong individuals in the galaxy regardless of the Jedi order disbanding. we also are shown the empire was shitty at keeping tabs on Jedi like Kenobi and Yoda, dudes were able to live in remote areas of outer rim plantes undisturbed. so it's fairly plausible that other Jedi who were off world never returned to corascant after shit went down and trained other force strong individuals in secret on other planets.

Lebron

Clown Wars changed all that up. There's a lot who survived Order 66 and whose overall fate was left unknown.

antonz

Jedi Hunters is probably a very loose term. Its likely they are more along the line of Force Sensitive Hunters. Keep any potential force users out of the picture type of thing

Jedi Hunters is probably a very loose term. Its likely they are more along the line of Force Sensitive Hunters. Keep any potential force users out of the picture type of thing

That or they aren't career hunters but merely hunting a very specific Jedi... Going by the other rumors, it could be that that they only recently began looking for Luke, and the Solo's get wind of it and start looking for him too to warn and help him.

Ah dang. I was hoping to keep Jedi at a minimum this time around. That's more in the spirit of the original trilogy, I feel. They should be rare and awesome, like a shiny Pokemon.

120v

don't know if anybody mentioned it yet but in 30 years there's probably been a couple hundred trained jedi

Blader

just because one guy had a mandalorian suit and happened to be a bounty hunter they had to make it so "most" mandalorians are inclined to be bounty hunters? so dumb. further cheapens boba fett.

Wouldn't it make sense for a bounty hunter in the PT/OT era to model himself after older, legendary bounty hunters?

I see lots of people wanting to keep Jedi/Sith to a minimum...but after stuff like TOR, KOTOR, and some of the EU books I can't help but really want to see, on the big screen, a large scale Jedi/Sith battle involving at least 5v5 or more. Preferably dozens on each side.

I see lots of people wanting to keep Jedi/Sith to a minimum...but after stuff like TOR, KOTOR, and some of the EU books I can't help but really want to see, on the big screen, a large scale Jedi/Sith battle involving at least 5v5 or more. Preferably dozens on each side.

Fair enough, lots of Jedi aren't my preference but I can't deny it'd be awesome to see a well done battle scene. I'm just a little apprehensive after how the prequels handled a ton of Jedi and how little-developed smugglers and regular folks are. Part of the appeal of Han (for me) was how mortal and vulnerable he was.

Maybe they'll strike a nice balance between the two and make everybody happy.

Wouldn't it make sense for a bounty hunter in the PT/OT era to model himself after older, legendary bounty hunters?

it doesn't even need justification, the Mandalorian bounty hunters are usually members of some sect of the Mandalorian military, so they just take the armor and keep using it as bounty hunters, it's that simple. there's no shoehorning of "looks" going on. Boba Fett's armor was taken form his father Jango Fett, who got that armor from his days as being a merc in the Mandalorian wars. there have been plenty of other Mandalorian characters who had identical armor because the armor itself is pretty standard wear on Mandalor.

it's pretty normal to see this in the films and tv show.
Review_PreVizslaTCW_stillA.jpg

CloneWars2.12.jpg

KatanNiteOwls-TL.png

DeathwatchSoldier8-SoR.png

tcwfettgreenarmor.jpg

20130207120650!Jango_Fett.png

Fair enough, lots of Jedi aren't my preference but I can't deny it'd be awesome to see a well done battle scene. I'm just a little apprehensive after how the prequels handled a ton of Jedi and how little-developed smugglers and regular folks are. Part of the appeal of Han (for me) was how mortal and vulnerable he was.

Maybe they'll strike a nice balance between the two and make everybody happy.

Yeah, a character like Han is much more relate-able and fun to watch than a stoic warrior Jedi/Sith, especially if done well.

But I just want to see it once haha. Maybe in one of the side movies.

That's pretty much goes along with the same outline that Han and his Daughter go searching for Luke and they meet up with John's character on the way. By the second movie him and the girl are both lead characters.

These are the same rumors that we heard when the news about Han dropped. I'm going with this being a controlled leak and the news of the movie pushed back will break soon.

EDIT: wait this is the stuff that was actually edited out of the AINTITCOOL article from a few days ago right?

That's pretty much goes along with the same outline that Han and his Daughter go searching for Luke and they meet up with John's character on the way. By the second movie him and the girl are both lead characters.

These are the same rumors that we heard when the news about Han dropped. I'm going with this being a controlled leak and the news of the movie pushed back will break soon.

EDIT: wait this is the stuff that was actually edited out of the AINTITCOOL article from a few days ago right?

a lot of the set effects so far line up with some leak/rumor info, like the explosion on the Dubai set being the ship Boyega was in crashing on Tatooine and Boyega wielding a saber on the London sets. and right now rhe Han's kids rumors seem to have been debunked and given less credit. it's believed they aren't in the film at this point as conflicting rumors and rumors on the kids stopped a while ago.

a lot of the set effects so far line up with some leak/rumor info, like the explosion on the Dubai set being the ship Boyega was in crashing on Tatooine and Boyega wielding a saber on the London sets. and right now rhe Han's kids rumors seem to have been debunked and given less credit. it's believed they aren't in the film at this point as conflicting rumors and rumors on the kids stopped a while ago.

Look we heard rumors Han is the main characters too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845135

I think they both line up with each other.

- Han and his daughter set out to find Luke.
- They get attacked and shoot down Boyega's ship.
- The daughter takes care of him on Luke's old farm.
- We get a shot of both of them looking at the setting suns.
- They have to get off Tatooine.
- Before leaving they met up with Luke.

Meeting with Luke is the beginning of the second act. Han dies in the second act trying to save his daughter. That sets up two things it shows Boyega's character that these people he was hunting would die for each other and it gives the daughter an emotional anchor to fight back.

Also, these leaks keep pointing at Han or Boyega's characters being the main characters. Knowing JJ's style I think these are controlled leaks to take focus off the girl being the main character.

EDIT: Another reason I think the girl is secretly the lead? DISNEY.

inm8num2

Faraci has the goods...apparently.

I'm going to keep this vague. I have no interest in spoiling Star Wars Episode VII, although I'm sure some people will find any information about the film's plot to be spoilery. If you're a spoilerphobe or want to go into Star Wars Episode VII totally, completely clean, stop reading now. If you want to know what, on a very basic and general level, is the premise of Star Wars Episode VII, read on.

Ready?

Imagine the standard Star Wars crawl, and when it ends the camera pans up to the stars. But instead of a spaceship zooming into frame we see... a hand! A severed hand, tumbling through space. A severed hand gripping a light saber.

That hand falls onto a desert planet, where it is discovered by characters who will be our heroes. One is Daisy Ridley. The other is John Boyega, who is playing someone trying to change his path in life (again, I'm keeping it vague here). They recognize the light saber as a Jedi relic and decide to return it to the proper people.

Their quest takes them off world, and they meet up with Han Solo and Chewbacca, who aren't flying around in the Millenium Falcon anymore but are piloting... well, that could be a spoiler. I'll leave it. Anyway, Han and Chewie recognize the light saber as Luke's, and they say they haven't seen their friend in thirty years, since the events of Return of the Jedi.

So begins a quest to find the missing Jedi Master. Meanwhile, on an ice planet, nefarious forces are building a super weapon, one capable of destroying not planets but entire solar systems...

In many ways this plot of Episode VII is an echo of A New Hope. Instead of R2 coming to Tatooine it's a hand falling from the sky, but the basic sweep of the story is similar, and intentionally so. But things that seem familiar may not be as familiar as you think - don't assume that every ice or desert planet in the galaxy has already been visited, if you know what I'm saying.

There's more, of course - this is just the broadest of outlines, a basic synopsis. On the one hand I sort of roll my eyes at the story echoing A New Hope, but on the other I like the propulsive quest concept. I'm hearing extremely positive things about the action, and very, very good things about the characters themselves and the way the actors are bringing them to life. Again and again I'm hearing that John Boyega owns this movie.

Sketchbag

Banned
All this Han and Luke stuff bothers me. Why can't they make a Star Wars movie without them? Why not set it years later when the Sith (race) try to take back Korriban? Why does it have to be planet destroying big. I honestly have no faith in this movie. It'll be just like the Star Trek movie where there'll be big movie clapping scenes where the camera pans up a character and there's this big old orchestra ready for the reveal and Chewbaccaa is shown or Luke is shown and the theater erupts into cheer.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Luke lost his hand on Bespin. Either it's still in some air vent on Cloud City..., according to this rumour, it somehow made its way out of sky city, escaped Bespin's gravity well, propelled itself light-years across space to this desert planet. Then survives the plasma temperatures of an atmospheric entry.

Screw the rest of the film, I want a film on the epic journey of this damm
hand

Cheebo

Banned
Luke lost his hand on Bespin. Either it's still in some air vent on Cloud City..., according to this rumour, it somehow made its way out of sky city, escaped Bespin's gravity well, propelled itself light-years across space to this desert planet. Then survives the plasma temperatures of an atmospheric entry.

Screw the rest of the film, I want a film on the epic journey of this damm
hand

It's not that hand it sounds like .It's likely be his
robotic hand which is why it can crash land on a planet and not burn up. Also explains why Han would be worried about Luke and want to go find him

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Uhh
Isn't it most likely Luke's robo-hand that falls from the sky
?

Anyway I like the sound of that, goes back to the original ideas for ROTJ's ending.

All this Han and Luke stuff bothers me. Why can't they make a Star Wars movie without them? Why not set it years later when the Sith (race) try to take back Korriban? Why does it have to be planet destroying big. I honestly have no faith in this movie. It'll be just like the Star Trek movie where there'll be big movie clapping scenes where the camera pans up a character and there's this big old orchestra ready for the reveal and Chewbaccaa is shown or Luke is shown and the theater erupts into cheer.

You sound like the life of the party

I can believe that a
hand got severed
because maybe he was fighting on a spaceship but doesn't that mean
it was traveling for a very long time
?

I mean space is freaking huge.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Uhh
Isn't it most likely Luke's robo-hand that falls from the sky
?

Anyway I like the sound of that, goes back to the original ideas for ROTJ's ending.

I dunno, it could be Vader's hand, blasted from the wreckage of the 2nd Deathstar.

Or even Ponda Baba's hand, in some kind of elaborate prank.

Wilbur

Banned
who gives a fuck how it got there it just got there okay its a fucking film about little teddy bears in space that go around throwing rocks at robots and clones please can we not question the validity of whether a super human jedi's hand would burn up in space

Sounds dumb. "We found this hand, better return the lightsaber to some people..." and a great journey begins!

Also the idea of something being able to destroy solar systems is lame as shit. Sounds like some terrible "bigger is better" sequel logic going on.

Doesn't sound like the worst thing ever, but doesn't sound good either. Please be bullshit. I want greatness.

Sounds fake as fuck

Agreed.

Top Bottom