• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

TheXbox

Sounds like a Star Wars movie. There could be a hundred explanations for the hand, especially in a universe as crazy and dumb as Star Wars. I wouldn't write it off so soon. (and the imagery is compelling to begin with) Similarly, we shouldn't assume there's no other explanation for returning the hand besides sheer altruism. Maybe Boyega wants to become a Jedi? Maybe the Jedi are gone and they want to bring them back? Just like the hand, there could be any number of explanations.

pringles

And how can a hand survive the fall from space towards a planet? It would be less than ashes by the time it hit ground.
I guess it could be made of some kind of metal...I dunno... oh wait..didn't Luke have a metal hand or something... yeah, yeah, that would work actually...

Real Hero

Is now one commenting that according to this
Han isn't flying around in the millennium falcon
even though we have seen spy shots of it being constructed? For that alone I am calling fake.
No, they will obviously have a
bringing her out of retirement scene.

Nicktendo86

Also cannot get my head around
Han not seeing his brother in law for 30 years
although it could be interesting, if true.

Coins

Banned
Hope they can get Johnny Cochran resurrected, have him flying around with the hand, saying if the glove don't fit, you must aquit!

Floating hand sounds lame

Guy.brush

So if this is true, what are Chewie and Han piloting?
My guess is a converted Star Destroyer? What else is there? Imperial Shuttle?

jstripes

Banned
But Saddam's Baathist Iraq does officially no longer exist while a Republic of Iraq has been declared. These rumors claim there is no New Republic at all. Surely after 30 years the Rebels should have freed one or two planets at the very least. It's a wide galaxy.

I'm sure the Rebels have freed many planets, but the remains of the Empire, and possibly other hostile splinter factions, are still going to be a huge problem.

Also, the Rebels don't have the benefit of an outside force more powerful than the Empire (ie: the USA) to back them up and obliterate the establishment.

I don't think Boyega's a "bored" youth in this movie

and yeah, to support Cheebo's assertion: Faraci hasn't ever gotten anything on Star Wars wrong.

But he has been fooled by J.J. before. Remember the twitter shit about Khan not being the bad guy in Star Trek 2?

This doesn't sound bad. The more things that leak the more I think we will be getting a two hero story. Boyega's will be a redemption story while the girl's will be her finding out who she is.

I'd give my right nut to see JJ flip the script and have the girl be Luke's kid. Just because I like seeing EU fanboys cry.

Nicktendo86

I can't shake the feeling that people at pinewook are just fucking with everyone with misinformation as well, but we will see.
Edit: reading the whole article sounds really food to me.

East Lake

That sounds cool. Would be even cooler if the hand was floating in space was caught in the gravitational pull of a black hole and then escapes with extremely high velocity. Traveling at 5 miles a second it strikes where the younglings are training, rhyming like George Lucas told us with the youngling massacre in Episode III.

LastNac

30 years is a lot of time for things that we've never heard about to happen.

People are acting like the audience not knowing the answer to these questions right off is somehow bad drama. I don't get why that is. It seems to me starting the movie off with those questions and following our heroes as they try to answer them is a pretty decent way to move the plot forward.

The impression being that nothing we has happened in the last 30 years. Hell, wouldn't the inclusion of some EU events made the universe feel more active?

I think it would be cool if Luke was in exile on
Degobah

What if?

Luke went home. Met a woman. Fell in love. Something happens and he has to leave to keep the woman from being in harm's way. He gets captured and his arm is cut off in space while escaping. He goes into hiding and lives in Degobah.

Fast forward and that woman has a daughter. She meets a young man who works for the remnants of the empire. He starts to question himself. He senses something in the girl and he starts to change. They find the hand. Story begins.

You think that would piss off EU fan boys the most? Just shitting on everything they thought they knew about Star Wars?

The other ships Han could be piloting:

Slave 1-Boba Fett's ship
Star Destroyer- Probably too big unless he has a big crew
Imperial Shuttle- That is what he was flying last in ROTJ
Tie Fighter- Too small for both Han and Chewie, right?
x-wing- again, too small for both Han and Chewie.
and Padme's ship. last we saw of it was in episode 3. Obi Wan used it to take a dying Padme off the volcanic planet, Mustafar. It would be a way to bridge the prequels-the last star wars films to be released, with the new trilogy.

What if?

Luke went home. Met a woman. Fell in love. Something happens and he has to leave to keep the woman from being in harm's way. He gets captured and his arm is cut off in space while escaping. He goes into hiding and lives in Degobah.

Fast forward and that woman has a daughter. She meets a young man who works for the remnants of the empire. He starts to question himself. He senses something in the girl and he starts to change. They find the hand. Story begins.

Goood shit. I have a feeling the hand will be encased in carbonite at some point.

Nicktendo86

So am I right in saying the plot of the trilogy looks roughly as follows:

severed hand with lightsaber found by new heroes, they take it to han who realises it is Luke's. Go to find Luke who has been missing for 30 years.

Luke has been fighting Jedi hunters who the emporer had trained in secret, their aim to resurrect the sith. Also building doom device. 7 ends with the heroes winning.

Some point in 8 the Jedi hunters ressurect the sith, prob a clone of palpatine?

9 is the Jedi winning again.

Sound about right?

Han in Slave 1 calling it now.

good shout

zvGv5UO.gif

watershed

Banned
Above all else I hope to god there are no clones involved, especially no clones of the emperor. Let the dead bury the dead I say.

Guy.brush

I just don't like combination of making the universe smaller again (hand, Tatooine, daughter finds it) while doing an escalation on the stakes in typical Hollywood sequel style(forget planet destroying deathstar, we now have a solar system destroying doomsday weapon!). wished they would go for the opposite: personal stakes in a grand universe with lots of new locales.

LastNac

Why would anyone have that impression?

Just the idea that someone like
Luke would go into hiding
or that H
an and Luke wouldn't see each other
, or that everyone
would even still be alive
kills me. It seems like it's a time jump without any events in between.

We don't know when Luke was last seen. I know Devin says 30 years but it might be less. I would say more around 20 years would be a good starting point. Ten years fighting then he goes missing. Why are we spoiler tagging in a thread that's speculation and rumors? People get spoiled it is their fault for some coming into a thread that says:

Star Wars Episode VII rumors - plot and villains (potential spoilers)

LastNac

I just don't like combination of making the universe smaller again (hand, Tatooine, daughter finds it) while doing an escalation on the stakes in typical Hollywood sequel style(forget planet destroying deathstar, we now have a solar system destroying doomsday weapon!). wished they would go for the opposite: personal stakes in a grand universe with lots of new locales.
"The third [trilogy will] deal with moral and philosophical problems," Lucas said in 1983. "In Star Wars, there is a very clear line drawn between good and evil. Eventually you have to face the fact that good and evil aren't that clear-cut and the real issue is trying to understand the difference."

Yeah, I always wanted the sequel trilogy to deal with morality and character. Almost like there is a sense of intimate action on screen. I'm worried that's not what they are going for anymore.

I am beyond confused that people are calling this fake. It's DEVIN FARACI for crying out loud. He doesn't stick his neck on the line for spoilers unless he is 100% positive it is real. This isn't Latino Review.

Faraci is a blowhard who can be misled just like anyone else. Just because he may believe it's true doesn't mean it is.

Skab

Why are people assuming that
it's the same hand that was cut off in cloud city? People have two hands, you know.

Also, it doesn't say they recover the hand, just the saber. So it could be Lukes other hand, and it does burn up.

Hope that's fake, honestly sounds like some bad fan fiction. They could have picked any number of EU storylines that would have been better than this premise.

Cheebo

Banned
Why are people assuming that
it's the same hand that was cut off in cloud city? People have two hands, you know.

Also, it doesn't say they recover the hand, just the saber. So it could be Lukes other hand, and it does burn up.

Devin said on twitter it isnt the ESB hand.

Guy.brush

generations+champagne.jpg

Just remembered I had goosebumps with a wine bottle floating in space as an intro, so wth why not a severed hand?!
(still can't suspend my disbelief about it or the saber not being obliterated to ashes during descent)

btw just remembered, there was a hand in space in C3 too :)

Top Bottom