• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Francois424

Neo Member
During today’s behind closed doors presentation of Star Wars: The Old Republic at E3, BioWare unveiled a few things of note. In order to bring you some of these details in a timely manner, we’ve compiled them here. Keep in mind that we will update this post throughout the day so be sure to come back later for more.

*1mm accounts on day 1

*1.3 game update is called Allies

*Legacy perks

*New social adaptive gear system

*Augmentation system

*Revamped tutorial system

*Group finder

*Ranked Warzones

*1.3 coming to the PTS tomorrow, can start downloading it now. Update: Confirmed - "Yep. The Public Test Server will be getting Game Update 1.3 tomorrow. Start downloading and patching now! bit.ly/LxsI2v #swtor"

*Transfers coming in next few weeks

*Enhancing & revamping nightmare mode operations, entirely new mechanics

*New Heroic quest area on Belsavis

*New 8v8 Warzone on Celine

*New Companion for all classes HK-51, unlocked via new missions, voice actor seems to be the same as HK-47

*New planet Makeb

*Raising level cap which means new abilities

*Free trial up to level 15 coming in July

*Belsavis heroic area is the behind closed doors demo

*No mention of playable Cathar during session

Good news (especially the bolded part) !
Thank You.

UltraMav

No problem. So who all has transferred their toons to PTS? Supposedly everyone who filled out the form will be copied and ready to play tomorrow.

Meh, was hoping the new dailies were not going to be on Belsavis. Prefer they add them to other planets to get people to go back to various older locations.

That's a fucking awesome content patch. Like a god damn expansion pack.

That's not all going to be in 1.3, some of it will probably be in 1.4, but I wouldn't be surprised if some stuff isn't till later this year even as they are just stating stuff coming up during the year.

Kyari

I didn't realise until today that there are HK-51 models used ingame already as generic enemies on Corellia. They use the HK voice and everything.

Heysoos

How do we know if we're being copied over into the PTS or not? If it's going live tomorrow, should we have heard by now?

UltraMav

From what I read everyone who applied got copied. There are no emails, your character will just be waiting for you when you log in tomorrow.

there are two different models on Corellia, one of them uses the same model as the HK-51, one of them uses a different chest piece.

In Black Hole or somewhere else? The ones in Black Hole are the same generic HK like Assassin droids you see in the game since Nar Shadda. They all have a different looking head from your normal HK units. Don't remember seeing any HK-51's anywhere as they have more unique features. The HK-51 model shown in the E3 preview also looks to be updated from the old design from KOTOR2

Kyari

The HK droids are around just the regular Corellia areas. I fought a few different models during my Consular quests, their class is even listed as like "Level 48 HK Assassin". I don't remember running into them Imperial side, but still.

dGO6n.jpg

Yea mainly play empire, never seen those, don't remember them either during my road to 50 with my trooper. Wonder if theres any difference between the actual models

am I blind and stupid or is there no new ops
hell I'd be happy with just nightmare Denova...

They said a while ago that 1.3 is not a content update, it's mostly just new features, fixes, tweaks. 1.4 is supposed to be a content update.

The guys in this are still 50, was hoping we would get a clue at the new level cap from E3.

New content cant come soon enough!

Them showing it off makes me hope that it's mostly done and that 1.4 is not too far off after 1.3

yep
so, ugh, really need nightmare denova in around a month or I fear for the guild
edit: but hey, at least my marauder wasn't nerfed to the ground yet ^^

Might see the new op before nightmare denova since nightmare modes across the board are supposed to be getting revamped with new mechanics and such. Others have said and I think they could be right, that the new nightmare modes will be added and designed around the new higher level caps probably.

Francois424

Neo Member
Tank shadows/sins got hit with the NERF bat as expected.

I play a pure Tank-Assassin (ie: not a hybrid spec) with a static group on week-ends mostly...
What did they nerf ?

Personnaly I tought I was fine.
It's not like I can run Heroics by myself (unless they are super easy).
Then Again, I am only level 30 on that class.

Draxal

I play a pure Tank-Assassin (ie: not a hybrid spec) with a static group on week-ends mostly...
What did they nerf ?

Personnaly I tought I was fine.
It's not like I can run Heroics by myself (unless they are super easy).
Then Again, I am only level 30 on that class.

Tank Assassins were the flavor of the month in lowbie pvp/50 pvp as they were really good at surviving and dps at the same time. They nerfed the survivabilty (reducing the armor buff and reducing the amount of self healing) but did not nerf the dps.

Francois424

Neo Member
Tank Assassins were the flavor of the month in lowbie pvp/50 pvp as they were really good at surviving and dps at the same time. They nerfed the survivabilty (reducing the armor buff and reducing the amount of self healing) but did not nerf the dps.

Healing I dont really care about at this point.
But the bolded part just baffles me, a tank that can't tank anymore... I'll be !
( Unless they buff the "tank stance that generates hate" to increase defence )

Thanks for the info

CzarTim

Seriously, how was sent/maurd not nerfed...

Lot of good bug fixes though. Nice to have a housekeeping patch. Shame it took so long.

Heysoos

Uh..... Which one do I pick. :lol
jHkpOvXFDSLWa.jpg

Also what the fuck, the game is acting like shit in test server. Feels like I'm playing on a laptop with no graphics card.

CzarTim

Oh man, transfers sound like they're going to be a total mess:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

Summary:

Targeted transfers
Guilds need to reform
Guild banks need to be manually reissued by customer service
Highest legacy level takes priority if you transfer from multiple servers to the same server
Mad scramble to squat on names as soon as traget servers are announced.

Fuck! I knew they were going to mess up guilds, but man that sucks.

Tarazet

Marksman sniper got nerfed. Rapid Fire used to let you do three Series of Shots in a row.. now it just reduces the cooldown on Series of Shots and Ambush, and the replacement, Sniper Volley, only refreshes Series of Shots once. Not the end of the world, but it's a significant change to the rotation and probably will hurt my output.

Engineering tree looks like it may be worth playing now.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Marksman sniper got nerfed. Rapid Fire used to let you do three Series of Shots in a row.. now it just reduces the cooldown on Series of Shots and Ambush, and the replacement, Sniper Volley, only refreshes Series of Shots once. Not the end of the world, but it's a significant change to the rotation and probably will hurt my output.

Engineering tree looks like it may be worth playing now.

You're missing the fact that it also gives you a 50% energy regen boost. I see this is a positive change and not a nerf. One of my biggest issues in PVP was constantly running out of energy and Cool Head is on a long cool down timer.

UltraMav

I love the token Scoundrel/Ops nerf that BioWare included in these latest patch notes. I felt empty inside until I saw it. BW does care!

Tarazet

You're missing the fact that it also gives you a 50% energy regen boost. I see this is a positive change and not a nerf. One of my biggest issues in PVP was constantly running out of energy and Cool Head is on a long cool down timer.

Marksman snipers/Sharpshooter gunslingers should never run out of energy. It's the most efficient tree by far. If you need a bigger pool, you can get an extra 10 energy in the middle tree.

Zafir

Desperately hoping the server I'm on is one of the servers people will be transferring to. I'm away next week so won't be able to mess around with transfer stuff anyway, plus, it seems like a right mess trying to get guilds sorted for it too.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Marksman snipers/Sharpshooter gunslingers should never run out of energy. It's the most efficient tree by far. If you need a bigger pool, you can get an extra 10 energy in the middle tree.

I disagree for 2 reasons.

1 - I always run out of energy unless I'm specifically not using all my most powerful skills as often as I can.
2 - The fact they added that buff to our top marksman skill tree means it's a problem that needed to addressed.

Using speed shot 3 times in a row had it uses in PVE but I didn't use it often in PVP because it's 9 seconds of casting and I'm not always in a situation where I'm able to cast for that long without having to either change targets, move to another position or use a different skill due to what's happening at that moment.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Whaaaat? Raising the level cap so soon? BW gettin desperate to bring people back. Get all the features you've been promising since week 1 in, and then raise the level cap with massive updates. Raising the cap too early kinda cheapens it... but I guess the nature of their whole class story spiel forces them to raise the cap frequently.

Other than that, skimmed through the 1.3 patch notes, generally looks good, but probably not enough to make me resubscribe. Kinda dumb that they completely gutted adrenals/relics when healing premades are still insane... Glad to see the tankassin nerf, that was a long time coming. Was basically a do it all in one spec.

HBroward

The Rhythm Augmentation Droid now lasts for 5 minutes (up from 30 seconds).

Can't wait to pvp with all the music again.

Edit: Just saw this, gonna miss stacking those.

Adrenals that were craftable by Biochemists before 1.3 can no longer be used in PvP areas. Biochemists can now craft a version of the Warzone Adrenal.

StudioTan

Can't wait to pvp with all the music again.

Edit: Just saw this, gonna miss stacking those.

The Rhythm Droid hasn't been working in WZs for me for a little while now. I loved dropping it at the end when our victory was assured in Civil War.

Whaaaat? Raising the level cap so soon? BW gettin desperate to bring people back. Get all the features you've been promising since week 1 in, and then raise the level cap with massive updates. Raising the cap too early kinda cheapens it... but I guess the nature of their whole class story spiel forces them to raise the cap frequently.

Other than that, skimmed through the 1.3 patch notes, generally looks good, but probably not enough to make me resubscribe. Kinda dumb that they completely gutted adrenals/relics when healing premades are still insane... Glad to see the tankassin nerf, that was a long time coming. Was basically a do it all in one spec.

Since they said more story content was coming this year it's quite possible the level increase coincides with new class story content.

Cystm

It would seem most beneficial in avoiding the need to merge every server, that the highest population servers would be the target of transfers.

So bottom half is allowed to be merged into the top and later on when they figure out how to merge servers - some of the work will have already been done. I also recognize that this survey was done months ago when the populations were higher and are not totally accurate, but you get the idea. If they go the other way and try to fill in the lesser population servers, they will simply be taking people from the most populated servers and spreading them thin, thus creating more of a problem than really solving one.

I hate the recent levels of cynicism that are oh so prevalent in virtually every single thread here lately, but I predict a clusterfuck.

Alur

Here's hoping KV is a target for moves, not a source.

Either way, I can be happy so long as there are a good amount of servers being pulled from. I just hope whatever it is, when the time comes, the folks I PVP with and others I'm friends with don't get curmudgeonly and pull the "This is our server and I'm not leaving it I'll just quit" card.

That is assuming most of them even come back in the first place.

Top Bottom