• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void |OT| My Life For Aiur

Moff

I'm in.

Co-op Missions is such a generic name for something that seems to be quite an interesting mode, they used to call that allied commanders, right?

are there any details/screenshots/videos available what exactly this mode is about? apart from the official website

I'm in.

Co-op Missions is such a generic name for something that seems to be quite an interesting mode, they used to call that allied commanders, right?

are there any details/screenshots/videos available what exactly this mode is about? apart from the offcial website

Here you go bud!

It looks amazing, if campaign wasn't so important to me, I'd do this mode first.

CmdBash

I'm in.

are there any details/screenshots/videos available what exactly this mode is about? apart from the official website

afaik they changed it because the name was slightly confusing in what it was to players.

Moff

Here you go bud!

It looks amazing, if campaign wasn't so important to me, I'd do this mode first.

I saw that video, is there a definitive set of missions you simply choose from like from a list?
or are they randomized maps with random objectves and opponents? I am somehow hoping for the latter for maximum longtime replayability but I really don't know what this mode is exactly about. you control your hero but some units as well? with base building?

I saw that video, is there a definitive set of missions you simply choose from like from a list?
or are they randomized maps with random objectves and opponents? I am somehow hoping for the latter for maximum longtime replayability but I really don't know what this mode is exactly about. you control your hero but some units as well? with base building?

Its most likely a definitive set of missions but its possible they can add the random objectives or the community can do it themselves. Yes you control a hero unit that can summon their own forces and have special abilities to make base building/destorying easier.

eRonin

Went to a BarCraft yesterday, and now am the proud owner of a sick cardboard wall decoration thing (I stuck around until they were packing up and gave them out to us loyal fans). My hype is through the roof. Watching NaDa's wedding/launch party atm. Can't wait to play the campaign tomorrow.

Mr Swine

Banned
Cant wait for tomorrow!

Also big campaign spoilers:

Samir Duran/Narud is a Xel'naga it seems so Amon is something completely different?

Still need to finish the Heart of the Swarm campaign >.< Protoss were always my favs. though, will definitely pick this up at some point (for the Campaign more than anything, Multi is too tough for me these days)!

Akai__

Nice OT. Protoss campaign will be a blast. By far the most interesting race.

Also, why is there always a //: in front of StarCraft 2 threads?

Will get this eventually for the campaign and co-op, it's too bad that I just don't have enough time to get into the MP properly this time around. Had so much fun in WoL and the BlizzCon tournament was excellent.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Not so into the MP (due to not being that good) but look forward to playing the campaign when I finish replaying the first and finally getting round to playing the second.

I suck at MP too, eternal Bronze League'r here, but I still play a few matches now and then because even though I lose hard I still have fun trying to win, lol. I'll be playing the campaign though, and then trying out the new units in MP. Even after all these years I still enjoy some SC2 now and then.

phant0m

I'm hyped to jump into the campaign. Best Buy says I can pick up my CE preorder TODAY (they list Monday as the release date...) we'll see what happens when I show up though.

Same. I am guessing because the launch time is actually 9 PM today on the West Coast. Hoping they let me pick it up, wouldn't be able to really play "early" anyway because we have to wait for the go-live on Blizzard's end.

faridmon

DXIbO.gif

Love this gif!

Jinaar

Man, I don't need another game on my plate but dammit dammit dammit. I do love me some Blizzard RTS games. Could CO-OP be Blizzards idea of Relic's implementation of LAST STAND in Dawn of War II? Ma ma ma ma maybe. If so, I'll be hooked. Hooked I say!

My Wife For Hire!

FINALLY, the Protoss campaign. I had so much trouble getting through the Zerg one as I just don't enjoy playing as that race at all. Kerrigan being a badass is what pulled me through.

The LotV prologue missions were fantastic. Getting my CE tomorrow and diving in right away.

No idea, I've just followed the trend set forth. I've made about 5-6 OT's in the last year or so for various tournaments and well I like it now. Makes it stand out vs other threads!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Honestly? No idea, ask ZealousD because he did it for the first OT and I just continued the style for all the other OTs and tournament threads I've made for sc2. I like how it's different.

My guess it was easier to identify the OT back then because that's when OTs were on the main page lol.

Cleve

Mine just got here. Man, blizzard make the best collector's editions. No cheap looking statues, or dumb junk. Just great packaging, a solid soundtrack, and a fantastic art book. Can't wait to dig in to this tonight.

Pilgrimzero

Wow didn't even realize this came out tomorrow until i heard a podcast mention it.

Where is all the hype?

I guess Fallout 4 is sucking all the hype with none to spar for Starcraft and Tomb Raider

So I just 'pre-ordered' LotV and apparently I got the Digital Deluxe version for free? Is that because I bought the 2 Collector Editions of the previous titles or what's up with that?

Boogdud

So what kind of content is there for 3-4 players? I haven't played in a while, I have some friends who like the game, aren't that great, but like to do things in a buddy group. Typically they like to compstomp which grows really tiresome for me personally but, it's about the only thing they'll play.

Is the co-op mission and archon mode only for 2 players?

So what kind of content is there for 3-4 players? I haven't played in a while, I have some friends who like the game, aren't that great, but like to do things in a buddy group. Typically they like to compstomp which grows really tiresome for me personally but, it's about the only thing they'll play.

Is the co-op mission and archon mode only for 2 players?

3-4 versus online. I prefer 3a because the maps for 4s are never big enough. Also the arcade has a lot of mini games for 3 and 4 person parties.

Co-op missions - 2 players
Archon mode - at the moment 2 players. Though they said they would look into doing double archons. Aka, 4v4 but it's 2 sets of archons. I really hope they do this, it was awesome when they showed it off.

Boogdud

3-4 versus online. I prefer 3a because the maps for 4s are never big enough. Also the arcade has a lot of mini games for 3 and 4 person parties.

Figured as much, so nothing really new (other than the couple new units). Wonder if you can do a private vs. archon mode?

Top Bottom