• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void |OT| My Life For Aiur

I suck at MP too, eternal Bronze League'r here, but I still play a few matches now and then because even though I lose hard I still have fun trying to win, lol. I'll be playing the campaign though, and then trying out the new units in MP. Even after all these years I still enjoy some SC2 now and then.

I wish I could do this hahah, I used to be half-decent in Diamond and whenever I play now I feel really self-conscious about all the minerals I'm floating, my terrible micro and so on so it's not really enjoyable.

Won

Skipping the CE this time. Maybe I still pick it up later for completion sake, but atm not enough interest in the game for me. Fallout 4 is gonna get priority.

Still hope the expansion can breath some life in the game, but with reverting the macro changes I will continue to not touch the multiplayer.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
I'm kinda bummed that there is no CE strategy guide for this one like there was for WoL and HotS :(

Really, man that stinks I was trying to complete the set. 3 CE games and the 3 CE strategy guides.

Picking up my CE after work, can't wait to start the campaign.

Holden

WOW WHAT A GREAT THREAD!!!!!

in other news im getting this game, i'm propably diamond level i guess (too optimistic?). always looking for partners (EU)

ksan

damn... maybe i need to get this anyway
WOW WHAT A GREAT THREAD!!!!!

in other news im getting this game, i'm propably diamond level i guess (too optimistic?). always looking for partners (EU)

lmao, ure at best wood level man

Fliesen

nowadays, i'm only in for the story campaign.

I sure hope, this time around, we'll have less "gimmicky" missions, compared to Heart of the Swarm, where - imho - far too many missions had some sort of "timer" mechanic to it.

I like to slowly build up my economy and go about a mission at my own pace.

edit: Sadly, all 3 prologue missions had some weird "pushy" mechanic - the first one was a "race" against the Zerg, the 2nd didn't have any vespine geysers ...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
damn... maybe i need to get this anyway

lmao, ure at best wood level man

If there was an actual Wood League beneath Bronze I'd probably be in it, I mean that's just how great I am at Starcraft 2. Even in Bronze I lose to scrubs doing rushes and mineral line drops and just strange strategies. There just doesn't seem to be a true "low level" league in this game anymore, lol.

I honestly have more fun playing co-op against AI opponents with humans on my team. At least there I can actually win games (I still lose games too....).

robotrock

Banned
I'm buying this and I don't know why. Really enjoyed Wings of Liberty and bought the CE, and then Heart of the Swarm came out and I barely touched it, but I had to get the CE to match Wings of Liberty on my shelf.

I have to get this and complete the trilogy now.

Haines

Banned
Massive starcraft fan, been to both mlg and nasl to spectate. After being kind of burnt by hots its taking me some effort to muster up some hype for this.

I think they over hauled the economy and maybe some other stuff right? Guess ill see how launch goes but i might pass on buying this one.

Massive starcraft fan, been to both mlg and nasl to spectate. After being kind of burnt by hots its taking me some effort to muster up some hype for this.

I think they over hauled the economy and maybe some other stuff right? Guess ill see how launch goes but i might pass on buying this one.

well for one you have 12 workers at the start.

FoxSpirit

Bought the CE and activated it but still a no-go on the campaign in Eu-West so far :-(
Great, and the gamm/black level in the intro video in-game is effed up for me. Super washed out.

Woo!! I am a Protoss player. So this campaign has been a nice long wait. I enjoyed WOL and HOTS was good but Zerg just doesnt click with me. So excited. I am probably going to be the only one playing this tomorrow instead of Fallout 4 which i will wait a few patches before getting.

Nete

Playing the prologue right now, and oh my god. I'm SO rusty I can't believe it only took me a couple attempts to beat the first on Hard.

Woorloog

Banned
Did they remove or change the macro mechanics for LotV multiplayer?
I keep wondering if the Zerg still have that fucking Larvae Injection. I might actually like the Zerg if they didn't have that... I never remember to use it and missing it hurts a lot.

Super hyped and excited for this! It feels we've been waiting forever. I felt Wings and Swarm both had amazing, profoundly enjoyable and addictive campaigns that are the best RTS campaigns on the planet. I thought Swarm was on par with Wings in terms of pure gameplay and the design of the campaign missions so I'm fully expecting Void to continue that outstanding level of quality. Story wise I think I'm a bit more excited than last time just because this is supposed to be the "epic conclusion" and weak writing or not you just know the final three or so missions are going to be edge of your seat epic. Anyone know what time Blizzard flips the switch in the UK?

The OP says 11pm GMT? So I can play this in like ninety minutes?

Did they remove or change the macro mechanics for LotV multiplayer?
I keep wondering if the Zerg still have that fucking Larvae Injection. I might actually like the Zerg if they didn't have that... I never remember to use it and missing it hurts a lot.

Larva injection is automatic now I think. Same with mules.

//ARCANUM

Is there no Strategy Guide for Legacy of the Void?

I can't find it anywhere online to purchase... I have the collector's edition guides for Wings of Liberty & Heart of the Swarm and was really hoping to compete the collection with Legacy of the Void...

Woorloog

Banned

I can't find it anywhere online to purchase... I have the collector's edition guides for Wings of Liberty & Heart of the Swarm and was really hoping to compete the collection with Legacy of the Void...

Where the heck did those come with strategy guides?
WoL CE had an artbook.
At least my copy had.

sflufan

Banned

I'm in the same position as you - I have the CE strategy guides for WoL and HotS, but it does not appear that BradyGames is publishing one for LotV for us to complete our collection :(

//ARCANUM

I'm in the same position as you - I have the CE strategy guides for WoL and HotS, but it does not appear that BradyGames is publishing one for LotV for us to complete our collection :(

The books are so damn pretty. I'm gonna be super bummed if there won't be a 3rd and final one... :(

Woorloog

Banned

Fliesen

The HOTS campaign was so damn good. I loved all the RPG elements and I hope some of that returns for this entry.

yeah, the meta part of the campaign was fantastic.

Still, i would have loved some more laid-back classic RTS missions.

It's hard recalling a single mission in HotS that didn't have some kind of mechanic that pushed (forced) you into progressing.

Be it Zagara collecting baneling eggs, the Gorgon Battlecruisers, the Protoss transport ships, the Psi Destroyer, the Hybrids being woken up, Narud challenging his beam,
Which is why my favourite mission in HotS might just be the one where you start off with those 4 infestors - there's no forced "complete this mission before ..." deadline. That and the very last mission.

Top Bottom