• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stay salty, Swe(Free)den.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hello! Due to the potential drama that this Grand Finals match may stir up in the community. I feel it is necessary to make a statement regarding the match so that there will be no misunderstanding of the situation. First, I will outline some basic information about the NASTL playoff week. This will hopefully help explain the decision to play the ace match Wednesday morning and that, given the unfortunate circumstances for both teams, was the fairest possible solution.

This problem could have been resolved if both teams had chosen a different player for the ace match - however, neither team was willing to accommodate the other. Therefore, since both were set on using HerO and ThorZaiN, we were left with setting a time that was not ideal for either party.

General Background Information
  • We flew in iNcontroL for the week to cast the finals
  • The studio closed down Wednesday afternoon to install and set up new equipment to get ready for season 3
  • Therefore, we had a hard deadline of wednesday morning, which teams were notified well in advance
  • NASTL rules have server changes in order to promote fairness, games are played on all servers: NA, EU, and KR

Info About the match
  • Liquid selected HerO as their ace knowing it would be late for him in korea
  • Mouz selected ThorZaiN as their ace despite the fact that he had other obligations (showmatch vs sheth at the time)
  • Because of this, Mouz was unable to play the ace when the score was tied 2-2 (Thorzain was playing other games)
  • Due to delays it was unable to be played on tuesday: Liquid rightly asked to push it back since it was pushing 4am in Korea and the match had yet started. Wednesday morning was the last time available to play
  • A four hour time window was given, Mouz selected 11am EST to play
  • I contacted the Redbull LAN staff and they cleared time and space for him to play this match
  • NASTL rules would have given Liquid server advantage in the ace, but to be more fair, both teams agreed to do server swap in between each game, and the starting server was chosen by coin flip (which Liquid won)
  • We understand the situation was far from ideal for both parties (thorzain had to play from the red bull tournament, hero had to play at 3am) - but this was literally the last time available to play the match
  • We believe that this was the best and most fair solution (playing wednesday morning, server changing, coin flip to decide start map) given the circumstances

We never want to see the ace match of a final played in an un-ideal situation for either player, but we were unfortunately working within very defined time slots in order to play. Thank you all for understanding, and apologies to both Mouz and Liquid for the ordeal.

- Xeris

Sounded fair

Zzoram

Yep. Mouz picked an ace player who couldn't even play and got to delay the match by half a day. By NASL rules, if you have to delay a scheduled match you give up server advantage. However, due to it being the finals, they did server swap to handicap Thorzain less than the rules demand.

Totally fair, sounds like tons of Mouz accommodating, Thorzain has no basis to whine.

cdyhybrid

Idra on blast.

MillStephano ‏ @MillStephano Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Fuck yeah time to get wasted!

I want to party with Stephano T.T

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
WkqKx.png

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Khaldor

Watching Khaldor and Wolf eat pizza. They finally get pizza!

Guess Fnatic got a house in Korea.

cdyhybrid

http://i.imgur.com/WkqKx.png[IMG]
[url]http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Khaldor[/url]

Watching Khaldor and Wolf eat pizza. They finally get pizza!

Guess Fnatic got a house in Korea.[/QUOTE]

Damn son, that shit is stacked.

[quote="PhoenixDark, post: 36160774"]What happened?[/QUOTE]

Incontrol called Stephano the anti-Idra.

Incontrol called Stephano the anti-Idra.

Yea, been thinking about that. While zerg still has problems, specifically in ZvP early/mid game. But it's not like zerg are at a crossroad in ZvP overall, in fact zerg seems to have the edge overall in terms of win rate. And yet at nearly every phase of SC2's life Idra has been behind the metagame significantly. He seems to tackle the matchup with a mindset of "what should work" instead of what does work.

Stephano, Nestea, DRG, Leenock, etc have done a great job exploring ZvP recently. Hell, today Sleep put on a clinic in terms of aggressive play. All while Idra...builds a few Roaches and Corrupters then gets upset after he loses to a three base Toss

mcrae

any vids of that destiny interview? i searched reddit but couldnt even find the post that someone quoted a page or two back

i maaaaay be down for housecraft. i thought all my midterms were the week after, turns out its this week :O which is why i havent been around. so anyways it depends on whether this girl wants to hang out friday or sunday. so i guess that means 50% chance lol. wont be getting there till 4 ish tho

Zzoram

Ya MLG will start streaming at 2pm but arriving at 4pm should be ok. TheNix, you ok with us arriving at 2pm or even a bit earlier depending on bus schedules?

What are we doing for dinner? Ordering takeout or pizza or something?

Striek

Yea, been thinking about that. While zerg still has problems, specifically in ZvP early/mid game.
Heh, its funny but didn't Stephano say in an interview at this tourney that he thinks ZvP early/mid is a joke because zerg has a build/style that counters every possible protoss opening? Hes expressed for months feeling bad for protoss in the matchup.

cdyhybrid

Heh, its funny but didn't Stephano say in an interview at this tourney that he thinks ZvP early/mid is a joke because zerg has a build/style that counters every possible protoss opening? Hes expressed for months feeling bad for protoss in the matchup.

It's a joke for him :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Toss Losira... that was embarrassing.

Vaporak

Stephano was recently on State of the Game and when Tyler asked what he had problems with in ZvP he answered that he didn't have any problems and that Toss is underpowered in ZvP and needs a buff for the reason you said.

Snowman

Man, I hate 111 so much, I don't think I've beaten it once in the last 10 times it's happened to me, its always a different variation too, some people do hellion drops first, some people expand and do an even bigger push off of 2 bases, some people get cloaked banshees, the last person who did it went mmm afterwards but with a few tanks and I just couldn't do anything :(

cdyhybrid

Leenock casting the Fnatic tournament now :3

Watching Korean Terrans makes me want to play Terran. I wish Blizzard would give us unique MMRs for each race.

mcrae

Leenock casting the Fnatic tournament now :3

Watching Korean Terrans makes me want to play Terran. I wish Blizzard would give us unique MMRs for each race.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why they wouldn't do that? Hurt sales of multiple account to individuals or what?

Zzoram

Anyone have any thoughts as to why they wouldn't do that? Hurt sales of multiple account to individuals or what?

Maybe 1000 people in the world have bought multiple accounts. I'm pretty sure they'd make way more money by charging $15 to unlock each region with it's language pack, yet they don't. Also, if they charged $5 for name changes they'd make a lot of money from that too but they don't, even though the system has already been set up to sell name changes in WoW.

Nothing about Blizzard's Battle.net strategy makes sense.

Yoshichan

MKP vs Morrow :3

Yoshichan

MorroW all-ins and wins.

Zzoram

surprised

i still remember him losing to Maru because he didn't block hellions from going up his ramp even after scouting them and having a queen on his ramp, just not on hold position in the middle

that game made him look like trash

Yoshichan

They've done it multiple times. Over and over again.

Yoshichan

Aaaaand MKP reaches GM once again on his FoxeR-account! :3

http://www.own3d.tv/live/195167/MKP

edit: lololol his first match in GM, he chooses protoss. Clearly he knows that toss is the only race that can win GM. StalkerKingPrime fighting!

Yoshichan

FoxeR is making me enjoy songs I would normally hate. This fucking songs make me cringe, yet I'm loving it.

It goes like this: "Wow, fantastic baby" UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ "Boom shakalaka!"

Zzoram

I have an awesome ~40 apm average (currently mislabeled as eapm, I'm referring to the bigger number) in 30 minute long games.

So slow.

Yoshichan

T1rnx.png

The shit I'd to grab that...

Ya MLG will start streaming at 2pm but arriving at 4pm should be ok. TheNix, you ok with us arriving at 2pm or even a bit earlier depending on bus schedules?

What are we doing for dinner? Ordering takeout or pizza or something?

I'm home all day, so whenever you guys feel like dropping in, go nuts. Panda needs to tell me when he wants me to come pick him up.

For food there's a huge amount of options, but we can figure that out when everyone gets there. Also, DON'T bring money for the MLG stream cost.

T1rnx.png

The shit I'd to grab that...
So grab it...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So every time I talk to my brother, he's playing SC2. I played a little bit of SC1, but not hyper competitively or anything - just enough to enjoy it casually. Is it possible to go into SC2 and become competent enough at the game to enjoy it without going crazy overboard and obsessing about it? It'd be fun to play some 2v2's with him and not be a bad.

If so, how would one start? I know in talking to him, there's a lot of shit that I don't know, but like I said - it would be kind of neat to be able to play the game slightly above casual bad status. Any chance someone would be willing to give me some help/info to give it a go?

Top Bottom