• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

So grab it. Buy that one, book a flight to where he plays next and plot an elaborate heist for a $20 necklace.

Edit: MarineKing likes Maroon 5.. interesting. I'm going to say it has something to do with Adam Levine sounding like a woman.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So every time I talk to my brother, he's playing SC2. I played a little bit of SC1, but not hyper competitively or anything - just enough to enjoy it casually. Is it possible to go into SC2 and become competent enough at the game to enjoy it without going crazy overboard and obsessing about it? It'd be fun to play some 2v2's with him and not be a bad.

If so, how would one start? I know in talking to him, there's a lot of shit that I don't know, but like I said - it would be kind of neat to be able to play the game slightly above casual bad status. Any chance someone would be willing to give me some help/info to give it a go?
what league is your brother?

if hes plat or lower i can have you wrecking im within a month, for a reasonable cost of course... muwahahaha.

You! Read my PM or my post on the previous page.
you only pmed me your email address!

as for when you could pick me up, whenever is most convienent for you. i work nights, all hours of the day are the same to me. >_>

Striek

So every time I talk to my brother, he's playing SC2. I played a little bit of SC1, but not hyper competitively or anything - just enough to enjoy it casually. Is it possible to go into SC2 and become competent enough at the game to enjoy it without going crazy overboard and obsessing about it? It'd be fun to play some 2v2's with him and not be a bad.

If so, how would one start? I know in talking to him, there's a lot of shit that I don't know, but like I said - it would be kind of neat to be able to play the game slightly above casual bad status. Any chance someone would be willing to give me some help/info to give it a go?
Get into SC2 without going overboard?

Yep, log-on and press find match. Why worry about where your rank? Thats by definition obsessive.
The ladder system will place you correctly at a level whereby you average ~50% wins. Anywhere you land will be 'casual bad' to those above you. Best way to learn is to learn by playing and put as much or as little into it as you feel like after that.

Edit: Don't take Pandas offer! Its ...evil.

Spl1nter

I may actually be able to make it to Nix's on Sunday. I would be able to take the GO bus from Waterloo to Square One. Its still a maybe as it depends on the amount of school work I have completed by Sunday.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
but if you could grab the necklace, you could also grab foxer.
so why worry about the necklace at all?
You're a genius :_:

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My brother is in plat at the moment, but it's not as much as I want to beat him...I want to be able to play with him and enjoy the game for what it's worth. I just really don't know where to start since I know a good deal has changed since SC1.

And Striek, what I meant was that I'd like to avoid being absolutely terrible and really bringing my team mates down. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Did SC2GAF make any cool NeoGAF shirts for the store? I think I wanna pick up a few GAF shirts soon.

Zzoram

A lot of 2v2 teams are carried by one guy, although obviously youd be stronger if you could both play at the same level. You can learn by watching how he and others play and watching replays. Also ask him to tell you what to do whenever you get confused. 2v2 isn't as serious as 1v1 so you should be ok.

A lot of 2v2 teams are carried by one guy, although obviously youd be stronger if you could both play at the same level. You can learn by watching how he and others play and watching replays. Also ask him to tell you what to do whenever you get confused. 2v2 isn't as serious as 1v1 so you should be ok.

Can we be a 2v2 team and you carry me?

Also, any thing beyond 2v2 is a joke. Just learn to 6 pool for 3v3 and 4v4.

Zzoram

I may actually be able to make it to Nix's on Sunday. I would be able to take the GO bus from Waterloo to Square One. Its still a maybe as it depends on the amount of school work I have completed by Sunday.

Work hard this week. Housecraft will be sweet.

Actually, is it a condo or apartment? I doubt it's a house that close to square one.

Zzoram

Can we be a 2v2 team and you carry me?

Also, any thing beyond 2v2 is a joke. Just learn to 6 pool for 3v3 and 4v4.

I like 2v2 so if we are ever online at the same time we definitely should play. Aren't you platinum? If so I wouldn't carry you. I'm high platinum, I hover around 7-10th spot in my division.

I like 2v2 so if we are ever online at the same time we definitely should play. Aren't you platinum? If so I wouldn't carry you. I'm high platinum, I hover around 7-10th spot in my division.

I'm currently BRONZE baby! I don't really ladder any more outside of 2v2 and 3v3, which we're high gold. Ever since switching to toss I've done better and that's without ever 4gating.

I live in a Condo. I have a nice corner unit that has a pretty large balcony.

J2d

I lost my battlenet password and can't remember my security answer do I still have a chance to recover my account if I call blizzard about it?

Zzoram

I lost my battlenet password and can't remember my security answer do I still have a chance to recover my account if I call blizzard about it?

Yes if you know your email address and other details like the serial key on your box and the address and name you registered under.

Can't you just get the password sent to your email?

Doesn't look like it, I don't have the box or serial key anymore otherwise this would be pretty easy.

You'll need to verify your identity, which involves knowing the information on file (Name, Birthdate, Address) and provide them with a piece of government issued ID.

I wish I were kidding.

J2d

You'll need to verify your identity, which involves knowing the information on file (Name, Birthdate, Address) and provide them with a piece of government issued ID.

I wish I were kidding.
WTF? This goes for europe as well? I might as well just buy another copy of SC2 then..

cdyhybrid

This JEcho ZvT build Panda recommended is working well. Roach Bane Ling timing to kill the nat ---> Mutas and a third ---> harass or kill his next push (usually tanks) ---> fourth and Broods. Haven't run into anyone going Banshees yet, but I figure I should be able to handle it, I'll just rush to Mutas and make a few extra Queens.

I had someone call me the cheesiest player ever after I attacked his nat at 10 minutes with Roaches, Lings and Banes :(((((((((

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/OneMoreGame
IdrA casting Fnatic vs SlayerS along with someone else

shitty games to commentate, not much happens in them.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU LOST
Fnatic signs former KHAN player ByuL.

Haz, anyone, how is this guy? Seems like he didn't play much from the TL thread.
He beat free, but that was a free win because free built 2 gates in the middle of the map and they got scouted.
Might be an ok player. He's a BW Zerg so he probably has some macro sense.

Zzoram

Oh no, I hope Nestea's career isn't over.

Supposedly he hurt his wrist in a wreck and had to withdraw from MLG Winter Championship because of it.

I remember when iloveoov fell in the shower and broke his wrist, it was a career ender.

Paches

Oh no, I hope Nestea's career isn't over.

Supposedly he hurt his wrist in a wreck and had to withdraw from MLG Winter Championship because of it.

I remember when iloveoov fell in the shower and broke his wrist, it was a career ender.

Falling in the shower is serious shit, you can get blasted with one slip.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What happened yesterday...

Top Bottom